NAS "Life Is Good" (Official discussion thread) Release date 07/17/12

Comments

• rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Mumo_X what it do family?

I'm waiting till Tuesday to listen to the album in its entirety (with a nicely rolled blunt), but I like the vibes I'm gettin on here

LIG
  • FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reading positive acclaim on this already on and outside of this forum.
    I can't wait to pick this album up. I'm can't wait to hear what the talks about
  • YamoleySensei
    YamoleySensei Members Posts: 8,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So anybody who's "downing the album don't know what the ? they talking about"? or maybe thats ? genuine opinion

other people are bein be objective and aren't groupies like ya'll

You know how these ? operate around these parts....if you're not praising Nasir's name you're either
    1. a Gucci Mane fan
    2. you don't know ? about real hip hop
    3. you're a hater
    and my favorite one
    4. that ? went over your head LMAO!

his last solo album "Untitled" was way better than "Life is good"
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I read on other forums people are loving it.

If yall don't like it that's cool.
  • rip.dilla
    @uolag peeped that vid you dropped for the 'behind the scenes' for Made You Look..

2002 just looked like a short while ago
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    @uolag did you see the throwback conversion that they did over there for the biggie movie? Were you in that hood when biggie was around?
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke down and listened to the leak , great album I love it

Does he say for my brothas wit daughters or ? wit daughters on the album version? I swear the one that leaked was different
  • buttuh_b
    My dun uolag holdin down the BK division of e-Bravehearts, zorrow got Europe, Pop Duke da og got the south on lock, I'm out here on the west coast spreadin the gospel. Don't know where the rest of yall from.

Life is good!
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I just saw on Nas' wikipedia page that Lost Tapes 2 is set to be released this year. Does anyone know the status of it?
  • buttuh_b
    It really has no status right now. He was trying to release it in 2010 before this album but Def Jam wouldn't let him, then he was talking about having it as a bonus disc and then maybe as a mixtape and now I think he's just focusing on this project but hopefully after he's done promoting this project he'll drop that before his next solo.
  • rip.dilla
    Great if LT2 is dropped 10 years after the first one ..
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still haven't listened, standing strong lol.
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look at this pic, Kendrick Lamar listen on Life Is Good!

mj5ld1.jpg
  • pop duke
    pop duke Members Posts: 375
    illedout wrote: »
    NaS talks to Rap Genius about paying homage to Biggie on "Life Is Good". NaS is no stranger to biggin up The Notorious One. On every NaS solo album since Biggie's death, he has mentioned the emcee in tribute or by using some of his Legendary Bars. He also appeared on both Biggie Posthumous LP's. On "Life Is Good" NaS mentions Biggie on 3 songs. Rap Genius caught up with NaS to speak on some advice Biggie gave him a long time ago:

tumblr_m5ii91OmMm1ryvbuno1_500.jpg

http://rapgenius.com/Nas-no-introduction-lyrics

"No Introduction" - "Remember talking to Biggie inside is Lex Truck, Said stay fly even when you bummy, keep your pajama's Armani. (Click on these lyrics to see NaS's interview)

"NaSty" - "Bumping Biggie The Great Legend, I'm trying dig into the actress that played Faith Evans"

Cherry Wine" - "An Immaculate version of Me and My ? by Biggie with all respect cause you the only one that gets me"

I dont recall Nas ever using Biggies bars.. EVER...
    I think U have him mixed up with that other great rapper from NYC...

Peace Illedout! He did flip a B.I.G line N a Keyshia Cole song back N '08. He did dat ish smooth as hell.
    "PICTURE LIFE AS MY WIFE JUST THINK"
    Full length Sable, 7 carats N ur navel
  • pop duke
    ^^It doesn't look all dat hot written, U gotta hear it to fully appreciate it. Anywayz, me, Buttah, CJ, & a couple others N here R da only ones who has held out for da actual store copy. Tues.is gonna B epic for real!! Got my Rose on chill, Kush rolled up,.........Its goin down pimpin! LIFE IS GOOD
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I broke down and listened to the leak , great album I love it

Does he say for my brothas wit daughters or ? wit daughters on the album version? I swear the one that leaked was different

I was wondering that too, I could've swore it said "? with daughters" before.
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    JYo79 wrote: »
    @rapmastermind I think you wouldn't understand would be a great choice for the next single, he should add Az to the video version. This song remind me of sugarhill. As far as S.O.S its not bad for a club/radio record, especially with all this garbage that over the airwaves. Let's just be thankful it didn't have 2chaaaiinnss lol

Yea, I really like "You wouldn't Understand". Some may have called the beat a little generic but Buckwild flipped that Classic 80's sound with that record. As soon I heard the beat it reminded me of being a kid in the 80's while my mom's would clean up the house listening to Miles Jaye. Also ol' ? the hook vocals were good. To me that song has some chart potential. Like you said, Have AZ and NaS on the beach or some ish, just show them having a good time on a sunny day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v8d7LQp034c

i unno if its jus me but does anyone here a similar beat to fat joes money over ? song in you wouldnt understand? both very dope records. i agree this is a grown man album for ? who can relate n vibe to this ?
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    uolag wrote: »
    Watch the con realest channel his mom’s spirit
    Goosebumps cover me, mother’s here, I could feel her
    Blood of Christ covers me, our savior and healer
    Drug prices up or down, I know a few dealers
    And some accident murderers, they act like they killed on purpose
    Liars brag they put work in
    You ain’t mean to murk him, your gun’s a ?
    Better stay on point, if not, it’s curtains
    Bebo Posse reincarnated through me, probably
    If music money didn’t stop me
    I never claimed to be the toughest
    Though I’m to blame for a few faces reconstructed
    It’s the game that we was stuck with
    Now I’m the only black in the club with rich Yuppie kids
    Sad thing, this is the top, but where the hustlers went?
    No familiar faces around, ain’t gotta grab the musket
    It’s all safe and sound, champagne by the bucket
    Where them ? I shouted out on my first ? ?
    Bo cooking blow, ? slay that, where Turkey went?
    Old videos show ? that was murdered since
    Another reason to get further bent
    Put your glass high if you made it out the stash spot
    And here to tell your story and celebrate the glory
    Drinks in the air for my ? not here
    This for the fallen soldiers
    Hold it down, I told ya
    Pop another bottle and keep the smoke rolling

My dude keep them verses coming..
    I need nough to hold me until tuesday..
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    I know people are saying "A Queens Story" is passable or just ok but that track is epic to me. Nas was flowing on that track. The classical strings, the funk guitar, the boom bap drums, and the dj cutting makes for a feast for the ears. Then dude blessed the finale with a Mozart piano solo.. ? was like a movie..
  • Agrv2385
    Agrv2385 Members Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo if yall dont like the album then ? and get the ? out the ALBUM thread. you dont gotta like it but for us who do let us enjoy it you dont gotta ruin it for everyone else. make no damn sense you dont like the album so much but you stay in the damn thread.
  • illedout
    illedout Members Posts: 8,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LIFE IS GOOD..

? I cant wait til' tuesday..
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    i give it a 8/10 right now after the first listen, will give it another listen tonight in the whip
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yo some1 pm me wit that lank
  • pop duke
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Yall heard it from me 1st. Nasir movin 300k copies 1st week. Guarantee dat

I hope ur right. If he does 300k 1st week he's goin gold quick w/ a good chance of reachin plat. I'm good w/ atleast 175k 1st week & cruisin to gold. Call me crazy or whateva but da kid is coppin 10 copies including collectors box edition. I'm keepin 3 for dolo(car,crib,plastic) & da rest I'll give to my peeps. LIFE IS GOOD
  • Supreme_Mind999
    Supreme_Mind999 Members Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aside from Nas' coontastic antics(In real life), He brought the heat in the studio..

In my personal opinion,this album is a classic..Stay,Worlds a addiction, train,trust,Wheres the love,Black bond,bye baby..

If you ain't feeling this album more than likely you ain't got no Soul..this album is littered with beautiful soul samples..Nas on the mic ain't even a question...his lyrics are supremely ill..Like for real? Who raps like this dude? Jay? Kanye? get the ? outta here!!!