DeBarge v. The Jacksons

detcatinva
detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R&B & Alternatives
Lately i been playin a lot of DeBarge lately. It got me thinking, which family was more talented, Debarge or the Jackson? DeBarge had the better singers but weren't the best performers. Outside of Michael, the Jackson werent great ingers to me but were amazing performers. So who do you think were better and why?

Comments

• takesithard1
    takesithard1 Members Posts: 134
    edited March 2010
    The Jacksons.To me in the talent department lets be real the Jacksons could play instruments,write songs etc etc.Jermaine can sing,so can Reebie(or however you spell her name) and Janet.I dont really think its a comparison between the two

Everybody in Debarge sounds the same
  • still-SBP
    still-SBP Members Posts: 898 ✭✭
    edited March 2010
    The Jacksons.To me in the talent department lets be real the Jacksons could play instruments,write songs etc etc.Jermaine can sing,so can Reebie(or however you spell her name) and Janet.I dont really think its a comparison between the two

Everybody in Debarge sounds the same

All of the Debarges write and play instruments.The Debarges are better singers than the Jacksons save for Mike who is a tie with El and Bobby.But I do think the Jacksons are all around better,have a better catalog and damn sure have a better work ethic.
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    @detcatinva
    The Jacksons are far better, they had more success and more albums then DeBarge.
    I like DeBarge also but, up against The Jacksons they can't be better. Jermaine Jackson discovered them.
    When Jermaine decided to stay at Motown and The Jacksons left, Motown wasn't doing to good.
    So Berry Gordy let Jermaine go out and find talent, so without Jermaine, DeBarge wouldn't have gotten discovered.
    That is how Janet met James DeBarge and got married to him.
    But I love listening to both, I made a mix of DeBarge songs and Jacksons songs.