So Christians, IS THIS GODS WILL?

plocc
plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
News reports report that a baby less than a year old was killed by this maniac in Aurora. So yall gonna tell me ? wanted, permitted, this child to be concieved, born, and be killed before it could walk, but birth control is wrong. I've heard people and clergy say in tragic cases like this, It's GODS will. Is it free will, or GODS will?

Comments

• alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    Is it "wrong" to determine for ourselves what ? 's Will is for the world? What position is anybody in, religious or irreligious, to say what happens to anyone's life? And if ? doesn't exist in your perspective, what was going to stop that tragic event from happening anyway?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything is gods will, based on the bible.

@alissowack it's a problem because Christians use the bible as a morals book, but ? does doesn't show that. He breaks all his own rules.
  • Aristo_V300
    Aristo_V300 Members Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes... get over it.
  • alissowack
    alissowack Members Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭
    @VIBE. I will agree in a sense that people do see the Bible as a book of morals. But I don't think that that it is exclusive to so-called "Christian". Even those who don't subscribe to Christianity at least point out that there are some moral lessons associated with it. They just don't think that "? " had anything to do with the origins of morality...or as you pointed out, that ? keeps His Own Rules.