XBox Kinect. wtf is this ? ??

Options
Matt-
Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in IllTek
man, i can see where it could have value, but until i figure out where to stand and maneuver the "mouse" around the screen and figure out how to set games up for two players, this ? is frustrating as hell. Like i said, i know this ? will be dope once i can do it with ease, but damn. right now my ? is all over the place. plus, i only have some wack game that came with the system, and ? nickelodeon all starts vs mlb all stars baseball (decent, but squidward has a slider that i can't hit) and just dance. thats ok, i played it on wii so no big deal. i got some kinect sports game but it doesn't work, gotta replace it so maybe that will be fun.

any good game suggestions? i'm really only into games that involve sports. probably will cop that tiger. and i assume madden can work with the kinect. i'm new to all this ? . i retired from video games in 2002. last game system i had was a PS2, so never ? w/ xbox. so thats taking time to get used to. and no i didnt lose for buying an xbox and kinect, it was free. but damn. its useless until i get decent games and learn how to use the ? .

Comments

• Bully_Pulpit
    Bully_Pulpit Members Posts: 5,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They dont really got no good games yet imo. The fitness games are really the best thing going for it. I got real shape fitness and thats about all I play on it. My daughter plays it really. And about the setup make sure the cam has a ull range of motion, good space and lighting helps as well.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    1.You late as hell
    2. Kinect is a useless gimmick
    3. Sony did this on the PS2 with the EyeToy
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    1.You late as hell

nah its def. got its uses. its better than the wii.

u got a kinect?
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PS3 SwAg
    PS3 SwAg
    Xbox wanna hate, but i stay, with that
    PS3 swag
  • El Payaso
    El Payaso Members Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get out the wayyyyyyyy
    PS3 comin thooooo
    Swaggin on my vita
    Cuz I gots that too
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    matt- wrote: »
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    1.You late as hell

nah its def. got its uses. its better than the wii.

u got a kinect?

Nah I only play on PS3,but my brother got it for his kids even though his 360 broke again.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A gimmick
    and if theres anything ICP fans know, its a gimmick
  • S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I enjoy my kinect. It's fun when I have family or some people over. And I stay talking to it instead of using my controller or the hand motion. I think I get good use out of it when I try, so I don't see the gimmick. *shrugs*
  • VulcanRaven
    Options
    S.jR. wrote: »
    I enjoy my kinect. It's fun when I have family or some people over. And I stay talking to it instead of using my controller or the hand motion. I think I get good use out of it when I try, so I don't see the gimmick. *shrugs*
    Um its a gimmick because it does not use a controller,is for casual gamers (which you obviously are) and does not provide a challenge or complete games. My four year old niece was knocking down strike after strike on that bolling game,plus all the games for it are garbage.Like you said it is fun with people over not because the games are good,but because it is easy for everyone and they all can play which makes it a casual gimmick.

• S.jR.
    S.jR. Members Posts: 4,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Games being enjoyable and fun = not good?... and earning it's worth.. wtf? And because I didn't mention when I use my controller when talking about a kinect I am a casual gamer.. (obviousbly?) stfuwtbs.