23 and Under Olympic Team

Options
A$AP_A$TON
A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
So basically we all recall Commissioner Stern's idea of having the Olympic basketball team be comprised of players 23 and under. Lets say this was to take place this year, who would you put on this 12 man roster? And how do you think they would do?

C-DeMarcus Cousins
Pf-Kevin Love
Sf-Kevin Durant
Sg-James Harden
Pg-Derrick Rose

Anthony Davis
Derrick Favors
Russell Westbrook
Paul George
Tyreke Evans
Blake Griffin
Greg Monroe

I think this team could win the Gold, especially because theres a lot of size here with some big time scorers. I did have Marshon Brooks on here but I switched him out with Tyreke Evans.

Comments

• coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Uhh... yeah... That's pretty much the team. Blake would start over Love tho. And yes they'd win Gold.
  • GettinLo
    GettinLo Members Posts: 8,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden aint starting... but I agree with the list
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what of kyrie Irving? I think he will belong on a team like this...... someone has to be taken off....
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rose and blake are injured though
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    what of kyrie Irving? I think he will belong on a team like this...... someone has to be taken off....

rose wouldn't be on the team
  • Say What
    Say What Members Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    Uhh... yeah... That's pretty much the team. Blake would start over Love tho. And yes they'd win Gold.
    No one starting Blake over Love.
    Irving can take George spot
  • dbrazil412
    dbrazil412 Members Posts: 9,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ assume they're healthy lol. this is a hypothetical question
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    i'd rather have kawai leonard over paul george.. he had a hell of a rookie season with the spurs, and showed up in the playoffs.. good defender too
  • dbrazil412
    Options
    i dont think they'd win gold though. i honestly think the moment might get too big for them.. i'd go with the experience of argentina over the youth and athleticism of the US team
  • coop9889
    coop9889 Members Posts: 7,299 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dbrazil412 wrote: »
    i dont think they'd win gold though. i honestly think the moment might get too big for them.. i'd go with the experience of argentina over the youth and athleticism of the US team

Wow. No.

Argentina doesn't have a single player even close to Durant, Rose, or Westbrook... and no one better than Love, Harden, Blake etc...

This team would go undefeated relatively easily just like the current team will.

Let's not forget the best players in the world play in the NBA. And the Olympic team is full of starters. 98% of players that aren't in the nba on these other national teams would be D-leaguers.
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kyrie for harden, he is not all that.

Paul George starts at the two
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    coop9889 wrote: »
    dbrazil412 wrote: »

Wow. No.

Argentina doesn't have a single player even close to Durant, Rose, or Westbrook... and no one better than Love, Harden, Blake etc...

This team would go undefeated relatively easily just like the current team will.

Let's not forget the best players in the world play in the NBA. And the Olympic team is full of starters. 98% of players that aren't in the nba on these other national teams would be D-leaguers.

but the TEAMS around the world have been playing together for a minute so it's ot far fetched US wouldnt get Gold even with this team....you can't always throw 12 of best players on a team and expect great results...'04's team proved that
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    oh yeah and Kyrie Irving would definetly be on this team
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So lets see some of yall put a team together within that boundary. I wanted Kyrie on the team, but I felt it would have been a lot of point gaurds on the team. If I had to take some one off and put him on I would probably take off Westbrook because of the fact that he and Rose bring basically the same thing to the table and Kyrie would be the true pg on the team.
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    PG's Kyrie Irving Avery Bradley
    SG's Tyreke Evans lman Shumpert Gordon Heyward
    SF's Paul George Evan Turner
    PF's Anthony Davis Blake Griffin
    C's Demarcus Cousins Greg Monroe
  • mike06