high school drug kinpin arrested

Options
r.prince18
r.prince18 Members Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in The Social Lounge
Ohio police have arrested an alleged drug kingpin, a 17-year-old accused of running a multimillion dollar ring that distributed high-grade marijuana through two school districts and netted $20,000 a month.

When cops raided the boy's bedroom at his parents' home, they found over $6,000 in cash, prosecutors said.

Authorities have not released the student's name, because he was a 16-year-old minor at the time he committed the alleged drug deals. Warren County Prosecutor David Fornshell said the boy will be tried as juvenile.

Cops first became aware of a high-grade hydroponic strain of marijuana being sold for $350-$400 an ounce in the Mason school district near Cincinnati last year. An undercover agent began making buys at Mason High School, where the teenager was a student, and uncovered a dealing operation headed by the arrested student.

"The undercover officer uncovered six students or former students working for that individual and trafficking drugs in two school districts," Fornshell told ABC News.

"The group supplied an overwhelming amount of marijuana in the Mason and King school districts," Fornshell said.

The marijuana previously sold in the areas was a lower-grade variety smuggled into the U.S. through the border, but the weed they began seeing last year was a much more expensive product.

The student helped lead cops to uncover a major grow operation, run by locals out of warehouses and other buildings in three nearby towns.

Six other adult individuals were ultimately arrested for their role in growing and distributing the drug.

Authorities seized 600 plants from the three grow houses, with an estimated street value of $3 million.

All of the individuals have been indicted by a grand jury, but have yet to be arraigned or enter pleas.
Also Read

Comments

• young_reezy
    young_reezy Members Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn who i'ma cop from now.
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2012
    Options
    That sucks...Somebody was dumb as ? to sell to a cop
  • wmj710
    wmj710 Members Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sounds like a 21 jump street episode
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20,000 a month is not kingpin status. But lil homie was gettin it in tho.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I respect lil homie......not many jobs for young kids these days, you gota do what u gota do. I applaud this young man.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @kingblaze84...how can you applaud a dope dealer preying on young children?
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get or I think I get what you're saying, but I don't see it that way exactly.

1. The dope dealer was a child himself, not an adult.

2. These "young children" weren't helpless toddlers. They were young adults and adolescents capable of making conscious decisions.

3. The drugs that the kid was dealing wasn't heroin or ? . It was weed, which is not nearly as harmful as other hard drugs. And weed really shouldnt be illegal, but whether or not young adults should have access is another debate.

4. Methinks that kingblaze was moreso respecting the kid's hustle. Not much different from a corporate executive. It's just business. Like Allergens said, capitalism at its finest.

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks that the the ring is bigger than the kid? There's gotta be bigger players tied to this. He had to have had help from adults right? Resources like suppliers, pushers, protection, etc. don't just come out of nowhere. I doubt this was all done by a high school outfit. Even if it was, you'd think he was getting extorted or something? I don't know how rackets work though.
  • soulbrother
    soulbrother Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Plutarch wrote: »

2. These "young children" weren't helpless toddlers. They were young adults and adolescents capable of making conscious decisions.

3. The drugs that the kid was dealing wasn't heroin or ? . It was weed, which is not nearly as harmful as other hard drugs. And weed really shouldnt be illegal, but whether or not young adults should have access is another debate.

4. Methinks that kingblaze was moreso respecting the kid's hustle. Not much different from a corporate executive. It's just business. Like Allergens said, capitalism at its finest.

Anyways, am I the only one who thinks that the the ring is bigger than the kid? There's gotta be bigger players tied to this. He had to have had help from adults right? Resources like suppliers, pushers, protection, etc. don't just come out of nowhere. I doubt this was all done by a high school outfit. Even if it was, you'd think he was getting extorted or something? I don't know how rackets work though.

I get the point you trying to make....but 14-16 yo kids are very impressionable....I agree weed isn't a harmful drug and should be legalized..but liek liqour, if used during a too young of an age it can be extremely harmful and addicting...most high school kids wouldn't have been exposed to drugs if not for these "young adults"...I teach in a low income high school and see every year kids with alot of talent and potential fall prey to their "friends" introducing them to weed and liquor...I see star athletes lose out on scholarship opportunities afte rbeing introduced to weed at a young freshman age.....kids go from State qualifing track athlete their freshman and sophmore year t o not even playing sports and barely graduating....
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wmj710 wrote: »
    Sounds like a 21 jump street episode

they really sent some old ass ? in there wit dem high school kids lol smh
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I get the point you trying to make....but 14-16 yo kids are very impressionable....I agree weed isn't a harmful drug and should be legalized..but liek liqour, if used during a too young of an age it can be extremely harmful and addicting...most high school kids wouldn't have been exposed to drugs if not for these "young adults"...I teach in a low income high school and see every year kids with alot of talent and potential fall prey to their "friends" introducing them to weed and liquor...I see star athletes lose out on scholarship opportunities afte rbeing introduced to weed at a young freshman age.....kids go from State qualifing track athlete their freshman and sophmore year t o not even playing sports and barely graduating....

Hm, yeah I see your point. I never really thought about all that.
  • JJ 1975
    JJ 1975 Members Posts: 336
    Options
    Dude must have been livin the life making that kinda money.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everybody thinks they can do it better than the last man and they always fail. I give him props though.
  • -Slim-
    -Slim- Members Posts: 28
    Options
    yea he cool n all, cept how he snitched on the growers...
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    Everybody thinks they can do it better than the last man and they always fail. I give him props though.

Yeah good points I started smoking weed at 17 and I do believe smoking weed at 14 or 15 is bad. I've always known this seeing how 15 year old potheads rarely achieved their potential, although many do I'm sure. but I respect his hustle regardless because I know how desperate people are out there. I see it among some people I know, and for that reason I'm still gona give the young man his props. He wasn't selling coke or ? , drugs that I know do more harm than good for the community. And even than, I still understand why some sell these drugs, there aren't many good paying jobs out here in this economy.
  • kingblaze84
    edited July 2012
    Options
    JJ 1975 wrote: »
    Dude must have been livin the life making that kinda money.

Hell yeah, I can only imagine what he did with all that money. I'm willing to bet he's smashed out a ton of women and girls, what else would a young kid with all that money do lol....I wonder if he had any teachers on the low