Coregasm

Options
marie addams
marie addams Members Posts: 1,699 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in The Weight Room
coregasm -
an orgasm achieved while performing a core exercise during a work-out.
she achieved a coregasm while performing a hanging leg lift.

? .is.real

thatisall. aparently it happens to men too? idk. but i've mostly read about women who have experienced this.

it happened twice-well almost. once jumping rope and close to it on the hip abductor. It really does sneak up on you..it's interesting

any other ladies experience this?

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    when am doin cores gettin a nut is the last thing on my mind
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    when am doin cores gettin a nut is the last thing on my mind

it wasn't exactly on my mind either. hence the reason it sneaks up and surprises so many people...
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    sounds like something tha happens to homosexuals.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    never heard of that
  • marie addams
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ^^ from womens health magazine
    Have an Orgasmic Workout
    These ab exercises will really hit the spot
    Compiled by Naomi Piercey

After the urban myths recounting women climaxing in the gym found their way to the Men’s Health idea dungeon, you could consider the coregasm a closed case. In no time, the MH staff set to work uncovering the mystery of reaching ? during core fitness training--and just how many women were having this “issue.” Here's a breakdown of what they found.

What’s a coregasm?

When Men's Health editor Adam Campbell mentioned the coregasm in his blog, The Fitness Insider, the female feedback was astonishing. Women all over were experiencing this strange (but orgasmic) fitness phenomenon:

"Seems on my third set of 15 reps, if I crank out a few more reps and go to 20, well, yeah, I can have an orgasm!" one wrote about her abs workout. "And no one notices, trust me."

Another said it worked on a leg-lowering drill: "I have to be lying down and usually put a small towel or pillow under my lower back. I get the best “coregasm” when I lower my feet close to the floor."

How the heck...?

Victoria Zdrok, Ph.D., a sex therapist and author of The Anatomy of Pleasure, provided scientific insight.

"A lot of women require a buildup of tension in their legs before they can achieve the release of orgasm," she said. "So, when a woman exercises, the release of endorphins and dopamine, which are necessary for orgasm, combined with the tension in the abs and lower extremities, can cause the clitoral stimulation" that is needed.

Joy Davidson, Ph.D., author of Fearless Sex, offered a fitness angle:

"When that happens, usually it's women who already have very strong pelvic muscles," she said. "And when they’re doing certain exercises that are tapping into the deep core or into the quads and inner thighs, what they wind up doing is almost automatically squeezing pelvic muscles in addition.

Davidson speculated that the tightening of core and leg muscles are "triggering the nerve impulses in the pelvic area. It's a little unusual to get that much response from one squeeze, but if you're doing multiple reps, you're squeezing your pelvic muscles over and over again.

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/coregasm-research?page=1
  • kat2180
    kat2180 Members Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I sure wish it would...I would be looking forward to the gym! lol