Project Pat has something Wiz Khalifa, Big Sean, J.Cole or any other rap ninja yall like doesn't

Comments

• Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why just cuz an MC is from the south, his lyrical ability is questioned more than any other MC outside of the south. For example, Project Pat is as lyrical as Ice Cube
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cause they dont use the "lyrical, spritial, spherical, miracle" ? that most up north rappers use...
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if you arent a fan of Project Pat ud at least have to respect the originality of Pat in comparison to those cut and paste ass rappers. Its obvious they grew up in the middle of nowhere (excluding big sean)...it shows through their lack of personality and eccentric exclusive stamp on their music. Same cadences styles and ? slang terms. How the ? two people from North Dakota and South Carolina sound alike?

Pats upbringing and surroundings molded his style and he threw his own twist on it and sounds like no one else. Meanwhile, u have ? from all over the country , and even OUT the country , all sounding alike.

Hip hop leaving the black epicenters is draining this ? of its creativity and color. Say what u want about black communities, but these bland ass middle of nowhere ass ? obviously arent getting sharpened by their surroundings.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pat was always my favorite out the clique & like I was telling P-Town he's an underrated actor too.
    Pat is far from whack he just spit that gutter ? thatnthe average Emenim/D12 groupie can't relate to.

In his era Pat got a platinum trophy for selling 1million copies of his album and In this era Wiz Khalifah made $11 million dollars & the Forbes list at the age of 24 without having to go platinum.

It's a new game on the entrepanuerial side...but Project Pat got something that Wiz, Sean, & J.Cole don't have and that's multiple hood classics.
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    saying Pat is an acotr just reminded me of Choices the movie that ? was hilarious i gotta track that ? down
  • 32DaysOfInfiniti
    32DaysOfInfiniti Members Posts: 4,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People feel that real ? , everything these days is so contrived
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand why just cuz an MC is from the south, his lyrical ability is questioned more than any other MC outside of the south. For example, Project Pat is as lyrical as Ice Cube

I wont say he is better than Cube but the rest on ur post I cosign
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ay18yRQpU4

Crunchy Black got quotables in every day life.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mista Dont Play & Ghetty Green>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Wiz Khalifia, Big Sean & J Cole life

Pat is the greatest robber in hip hop history. That ? robbed La' Chat on Mista Dont Play at a traffic light & DJ Paul on the Layin Da smackdown album
  • T. Sanford
    naw bruh T-rock was the best rapper in the whole Hypnotize/Prophet Posse camp
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know i said i was done wit this thread but i just wanna know, what is the purpose of this thread? What is it suppose to prove? And how did u come up wit dem random ass rappers?
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know i said i was done wit this thread but i just wanna know, what is the purpose of this thread? What is it suppose to prove? And how did u come up wit dem random ass rappers?

Its to troll and to get a reaction.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator

Its to troll and to get a reaction.

How is it a troll thread when it's true that Pat has a platinum plaque and the rappers mentioned in the title thread don't
  • Knives Amilli
    Knives Amilli Members Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FOH. As HLF said, Juicy J and Paul made Pat.

His music beats, but that's it.

Plus he went Plat at a time when it was nothing to do so.
  • BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭

i actually made it with the thought in my mind to say in a later post how it's crazy how these ? that were the ? back in the day are coming back to an entirely new audience
    like 2 chainz or juicy j
    i just ended up gettin on the phone and forgot about the thread
    FOH. As HLF said, Juicy J and Paul made Pat.

His music beats, but that's it.

Plus he went Plat at a time when it was nothing to do so.

nothing to do so?
    nothing?
    nothing at all, ? ?
    so everybody and they mama was goin platinum back then?
    go listen to 'we can get gangsta' and tell me paul and juicy's beat set the mood and painted the picture of that story vs. pat's lyrics
  • *~queenbee~*
    *~queenbee~* Members Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jono wrote: »
    Project Pat reminds me of dead dreams and the worst torture the devil could conjure up would be to force me to listen to him.

That ? sucks on mute.
    LOL, but I liked Pat's music for what it was worth.

• T. Sanford
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Gangsta Fred and Poncho stay in ? with Pat lol

they are some real ass ?

plus Heavy C
  • T. Sanford
    edited July 2012
    I got a call from my dawg gangsta fred just the other day/
    heard some ? from the other way wanna purchase yay/
    said they wanna get some good shss for the low low/
    fred grew up with this ? by the ___/
    could be the po po, thats the way my mind think/
    then i took a pause, sit back & took a drink/
    thnking of a come up, knowing I aint gonna fall/
    call up my ? poncho, let him rob us all

goat robbery blueprint plan
  • Mr.Forte
    Mr.Forte Members Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Project Pat > your favorite southern rapper
  • dade county 305
    dade county 305 Members Posts: 355
    Gangsta Boo>>>>>
  • kingofharts
    kingofharts Members Posts: 406 ✭✭✭
    Lol, my cousin had me listening to so much 3-6 and Project Pat, that I actually did like Pat. He was so ratchet. But he's not that nice. He's entertaining in the sense of...naw he didn't just say that.

But then he could come with a deep joint like "Life We Live"

This joint was straight too though "taking chances for us so we can live/put some rims on the car shoes for the kids":
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWnEaE2lCbk

Honestly though, 3-6 put me on to the late great Willie Hutch cause they got so many hits to his samples:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0yiTI-uGrs&feature=fvwrel

Pat was the 1st I heard to rock over "I Choose You" and had Mr. Hutch on the track.

Then my man say, "I know that's your baby mama I know that it hurt some/you know when we get together I'ma let her twirk some...no time of the month some/pull out a condom then i make her run some"

lol.
  • vageneral08
    vageneral08 Members Posts: 19,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loud Pack album goes hard as ? ...pat still got it
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    T. Sanford wrote: »
    I got a call from my dawg gangsta fred just the other day/
    heard some ? from the other way wanna purchase yay/
    said they wanna get some good shss for the low low/
    fred grew up with this ? by the ___/
    could be the po po, thats the way my mind think/
    then i took a pause, sit back & took a drink/
    thnking of a come up, knowing I aint gonna fall/
    call up my ? poncho, let him rob us all

goat robbery blueprint plan

"Dat'll ? da cat, cause da game ain't to be told
    Quit smokin ? , my nigg-a, it's to be sold"

Damn I forgot about this one, especially the part where the dude comes out the trunk with a shotgun.