College football RBs out here phukcing their lives UP...

Mister B.
Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited July 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
Case #1 - Michael Dyer...espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8214692/police-probe-traffic-stop-arkansas-state-red-wolves-dismissed-michael-dyer

Michael Dyer traffic stop under probe

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. -- Arkansas State Police say they launched an internal investigation tied to the March traffic stop of Michael Dyer, the running back who was dismissed by Arkansas State over the weekend.

The investigation has been completed, but authorities will not release details. They say it is a personnel matter and that the agency can't comment further.

Dyer was released from the team Sunday because of an unspecified violation of team rules. During the March 10 traffic stop, Trooper Royce Denney stopped two vehicles, one of which was driven by Dyer. He was ticketed for going 96 mph in a 70 mph zone.

According to the Jonesboro Sun, Denney discovered marijuana and a firearm in Dyer's vehicle. No charges have been filed against Dyer, who was issued a speeding ticket by Denney.

Dyer is a former Auburn star who was recruited to Arkansas State by new coach Gus Malzahn.

The offensive MVP as a freshman in Auburn's victory over Oregon in the 2011 national championship game, Dyer wasn't eligible to play this season for the Red Wolves after the NCAA denied his request to play immediately.

Dyer transferred to Arkansas State in January after he was suspended indefinitely by Auburn coach Gene Chizik for violating unspecified team rules before the Chick-fil-A Bowl.

He was the first Tigers tailback to rush for more than 1,000 yards in each of his first two seasons, including a 1,093-yard performance as a freshman that broke Bo Jackson's school record of 892 yards set in 1982. Dyer rushed for 1,242 yards and 10 touchdowns last season.

Comments

• Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Case #2 - Bri'onte Dunn....espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/54309/ohio-state-rb-brionte-dunn-arrested

Ohio State RB Bri'onte Dunn charged

Ohio State's running back depth could be about to take another hit.

Freshman Bri'onte Dunn was charged with possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia after a traffic stop Saturday night in Alliance, Ohio. According to police, Dunn nearly hit a patrol car before he was pulled over. Then officers allegedly found a pipe and small amounts of marijuana in the car. Dunn received a citation and was not taken to jail.

The Buckeyes have yet to comment on the situation, but Urban Meyer has already set a precedent of being tough with players who get in trouble. He suspended starting offensive lineman Jack Mewhort and tight end Jake Stoneburner this summer after they were charged with obstructing official business. He also dismissed linebacker Storm Klein after his misdemeanor domestic violence arrest. Meyer needed to set the tone early with his team and he did, but now he may have no choice but to take similar action against Dunn, if the charges stand.

Dunn was a four-star recruit, according to ESPN RecruitingNation, and he enrolled early and participated in spring practice. The 6-foot-1, 214-pound back was expected to see some playing time early, especially with projected starter Jordan Hall out for at least the early part of the season with a foot injury.

Ohio State still has veterans Carlos Hyde and Rod Smith at the running back spot, but the numbers there could be getting low.
  • Well Got Dam
    Well Got Dam Members Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    he's not the 1st rb from lil rok to ? up and he wont be the last.

sounds like Leifel Jackson needs to go buss some heads

image29704.jpg
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michael Dyer has late First Round - to early 2nd Round Talent but most likely wont even come close to those rounds based off this dude always being in some ?

his draft year isnt until two years anyways but still his draft status is already ?
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? Isiah Crowell messed himself up, now he at Alabama State.
    I seen him play football in High School, he is good friends with my brother in law and went to church with my cousin, he throw away a perfect opportunity, I mean you was the number 1 rated RB in the nation and after one year in Georgia, he gets cut.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bri'onte though
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was legit too. ? . Second chance wasn't good enough huh?
  • d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Dwyer was kicked off of Arky St?

Dumb
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running Back and Wisconsin Ball bot jumped and put in hospital with a concussion
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    south4life wrote: »
    ? Isiah Crowell messed himself up, now he at Alabama State.I seen him play football in High School, he is good friends with my brother in law and went to church with my cousin, he throw away a perfect opportunity, I mean you was the number 1 rated RB in the nation and after one year in Georgia, he gets cut.

at least he ? some thick ass black chicks