Life Is Good bout to sell 55k second week

1235»

Comments

• deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    uolag wrote: »
    "If your message ain't ? , ? the records you sold, because if you go platinum, it's got nothing to do with luck, it just mean that a million people are stupid as ? " Immortal Technique

Yall knew i was gonna quote that. I'm so predictable.

I remember when he said that ? lol.
  • shareef242
    shareef242 Members Posts: 186 ✭✭
    Jamaica wrote: »
    It will go gold by the end of the year. Doing steady numbers>>fizziling out.

Even before that! It will be certified Gold by the RIAA by the end of September if not sooner. Def Jam will ship/sell 500,000 copies to retailers. You dont get certifications from Soundscan sales.

Record companies don't make money on soundscan. Once it's shipped the money is made.
  • Garv*
    Garv* Members Posts: 474 ✭✭✭
    Jay Z albums is going for 25 cents thats why.
  • H-Rap 180
    H-Rap 180 Members Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Garv* wrote: »
    Jay Z albums is going for 25 cents thats why.

Meh im good I can buy the 25 cent pack Now & Laters.....Ill wait till it hits 10 cents.

• King Lee
    King Lee Members, Writer Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭✭
    Salute to Nas for a successful album, Life is Good

We need Jay Elect to do numbers like that
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    This thread went everywhere. Got ? arguing about which rappers kids is superior, ? arguing about the African diaspora, and dudes settin up when to meet on some ? ? .

On that note, Nas will get another gold plaque 2 months tops due the publicity of how good the album is.
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    H-Rap 180 wrote: »
    It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist.

Nas just did 42K second week
    Self Made Vol2 14K fifth week

Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K

For some weird reason JayZs BP3 sold 10K...I guess maybe he did a concert of something but damn that's nice numbers for a back catalog album.

That's about it for HipHop...

Mainstream sales for Hip Hop is on its last legs.
  • GeE-757
    GeE-757 Members Posts: 6,441
    It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist.

Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K

For some weird reason JayZs BP3 sold 10K...I guess maybe he did a concert of something but damn that's nice numbers for a back catalog album.

YEP...& j white fanbase is way bigger then nas..
    Wild Self wrote: »

well that cracka feminem is still doin his numberz cuz like he said on WHITE EMERICA his white skin & blu eyez got him shittin on da brown eyed ? rapperz n BLK MUSIK/HIPHOP like ELVIS & he aint have 2 graduate from LINCOLN HIGHSKOOL 2 know that that cracka feminem got sum ballz....NO MANN! lol
  • b@squ1@t redux
    b@squ1@t redux Members Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "It's difficult for me to place too much emphasis on record sales because I understand the demographics of who buys the records and I also understand the labels are the main ones getting rich off record sales not the artist."--aged rap

remember these words kids

• texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not white and I bought Jay albums..*shrug*..never even met a white person who likes Jay z.. I've met plenty that like Ross tho.. I know like 1 person outside of me who listens to nas other than one mic.. just my 2 pennies
  • blackbloc
    blackbloc Members Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I'm not white and I bought Jay albums..*shrug*..never even met a white person who likes Jay z.. I've met plenty that like Ross tho.. I know like 1 person outside of me who listens to nas other than one mic.. just my 2 pennies
    you need to talk to more people if u dont know any white people that like jay z ad only know 1 person that like nas , i dont know how you can be a hiphop fan in a english speaking country and have that situation .
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aye, crackas here like Wayne Cuz they assume all blacks do.. got in the car wit a white ? I was ? and the first thing she do is skip over her tayler swift CDs and pop in Carter 4 and look over to see if I had an ear to ear smile or some ? ..smh
  • Wild Self
    Wild Self Members Posts: 4,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GeE-757 wrote: »

Nick Minaj 9K
    Flo Rida 7K

YEP...& j white fanbase is way bigger then nas..

well that cracka feminem is still doin his numberz cuz like he said on WHITE EMERICA his white skin & blu eyez got him shittin on da brown eyed ? rapperz n BLK MUSIK/HIPHOP like ELVIS & he aint have 2 graduate from LINCOLN HIGHSKOOL 2 know that that cracka feminem got sum ballz....NO MANN! lol

I dont like Eminem, but blame White America for moving on from Hip Hop to the new age Euro Techno nonsense.
  • GeE-757
    edited August 2012
    Aye, crackas here like Wayne Cuz they assume all blacks do.. got in the car wit a white ? I was ? and the first thing she do is skip over her tayler swift CDs and pop in Carter 4 and look over to see if I had an ear to ear smile or some ? ..smh

LOL
    I dont like Eminem, but blame White America for moving on from Hip Hop to the new age Euro Techno nonsense.

NAH WHITE EMERICA REALLY NEVA GAVE A ? ABOUT HIPHOP ONCE THEY CRACKA GAAWD TOOK OVA THATZ Y FEMINEM IS STILL SELLIN & ALL DA BROWN;D EYED ? RAPPERZ IS FLOPPIN COMPARED 2 FEMINEM 90% OF FEMINEM GROUPIEZ AINT EVEN HIPHOP THEY JUST LISTEN 2 DA CRACKA & MAYB A COUPLE OF DA HOUSENIGGAZ WHO PICKZ COTTON FA DA CRACKA ON DA SHADY PLANTATION IM JUST GLAD FEMINEM WASNT ON LIFE IS GOOD EVEN THO IF DA CRACKA WAS ON THERR LIFE IS GOOD WOULD PROBABLY B ATLEAST GOLD BY NOW..,LOL
  • GeE-757
    lol@ x....i got life is good, gfid & selfmade2 on heavy rotation ? sellz....
  • GeE-757
    @mumo yeah rozay went off he gave andre a run fa his money i really like that 16 trak mmg & nas has made it a great summer fa hiphop so far..
  • H-Rap 180

I always look at sales like this:

White people ate supposedly 85% of the buying consumers who purchase HipHop.
    White people are 73% of the population here on the U.S. Compared to our 13%.

Whites have more disposable income to spend on albums.

So based on this formula:

The Beastie Boys "License to Ill" sold 9x Platinum

Vanilla Ice "To the Extreme" went 10x platinum

Emenims SSLP & Emenim-Show both went 10x Platinum

If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.

But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:

Rakim doesn't have a platinum album for his solo work but Paul Wall does

The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.

So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 
  • GeE-757

If a Black rapper want to sell that many albums he gotta be dead, or buckdancing in his videos.

But peep game, I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & Channing & they reminded me of this:

The Roots don't have a platinum album for their work but Insane Clown Possee does.

So it's cool when an artist music is supported and considered a sales success but what does it really mean when Chingy has multiple platinum plaques and Common has none? That's why I say just shoot for the Forbes list. 

dead@ da bold TRU!....& LOL@ I was at the ski-lodge with Tanner & ChanninG....aint it man@ da underlined!
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Post

But Eric B and Rakim went Plat with Paid In Full
  • H-Rap 180
    _Menace_ wrote: »

Good Post

But Eric B and Rakim went Plat with Paid In Full

That's why I said "For his Solo work".
  • deathrowzorrow
    deathrowzorrow Members Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭✭