So USA Mens Basketball Is Not Gonna Be Televised?

2»

Comments

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    plocc wrote: »
    Im not stepping my cable game up to watch something that only happens every 4 years. Also there is no comcast where I live. Stop making excuses for their wack ass coverage. There is no excuse. Just like right now they're showing Russia VS Brazil womens basketball. No excuse for yesterdays mens game against France, which is loaded with nba players, not to be broadcasted.

aye yesterday they rebroadcasted the games all day though.. ? i was in fridays they even had that ? on telemundo
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    plocc wrote: »
    Im not stepping my cable game up to watch something that only happens every 4 years. Also there is no comcast where I live. Stop making excuses for their wack ass coverage. There is no excuse. Just like right now they're showing Russia VS Brazil womens basketball. No excuse for yesterdays mens game against France, which is loaded with nba players, not to be broadcasted.

aye yesterday they rebroadcasted the games all day though.. ? i was in fridays they even had that ? on telemundo
    What channel?
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    They making sure po people will not be seeing any usa mens basketball. Im all for the players getting paid now that I know what I know. Being a real sports fan I had to step my game up as someone suggested earlier. But best believe im going back to the package I had before the olympics when these games are over. Its bad enough that they,(Dish), dropped Amc so I'll be missing Madmen when it comes back next season.
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My being they're being punished for starting that, "Olympic athletes should all be payed," mess. Even though the ones that medal are payed.
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    BBC Olympic coverage >>> NBC Olympic coverage
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBC pushing that pure white/no ? sports in prime time (gymnastic and swimming). Just a reason for them to suck off Phelps and create another Americans sweetheart in gymnastics.
  • playmaker88
    edited August 2012
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    NBC pushing that pure white/no ? sports in prime time (gymnastic and swimming). Just a reason for them to suck off Phelps and create another Americans sweetheart in gymnastics.
    You do know that Gabby Thomas is the American sweetheart of gymnastics....as she won the all around yesterday
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You do know that Gabby Thomas is the American sweetheart of gymnastics....as she won the all around yesterday

I know, but only because Jordyn Weiber choked and didn't qualify for the individual finals. They had built her up to be the golden child, they didn't even expect Gabby to win.
  • playmaker88

I know, but only because Jordyn Weiber choked and didn't qualify for the individual finals. They had built her up to be the golden child, they didn't even expect Gabby to win.

Of course they didnt but not only because of that because if you actually watched.. Aly Raisman was the other american there and she failed hard on the beam otherwise she would have to share that bit of spotlight with her .. and Gabby was pushed by the Russian at the end .. which made it more impressive.. along with the fact she was inches from having a catastrophic deduction on vault
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    this ? said he was watching sugar ray in the olympics from montreal....Cotdayum he old
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    I got Dish network and it comes on this channel that shows nothing but Men's Basketball.
    I don't know why they don't have it on NBC or something, must people can't afford those other channels, so they have to wait until Sportscenter to see what USA did, instead they got Soccer, Water Polo and some other boring ? on NBC.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator

Of course they didnt but not only because of that because if you actually watched.. Aly Raisman was the other american there and she failed hard on the beam otherwise she would have to share that bit of spotlight with her .. and Gabby was pushed by the Russian at the end .. which made it more impressive.. along with the fact she was inches from having a catastrophic deduction on vault

Gabby Douglas...and she almost had another deduction on her floor routine when she came like half an inch from stepping out on her first tumbling pass. I don't mind them showing gymnastics, they rarely show it on tv and I've actually been a fan since I was a kid. I know most the people in the men's and women's competitions
  • Michael_Malice
    Michael_Malice Members Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBC has failed in this Olympic coverage. Period. ? ain't even the same.
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Copperkid27 keep living you might get my age. It aint easy. 44 aint old lil homie in the real world.
  • playmaker88
    NBC has failed in this Olympic coverage. Period. ? ain't even the same.
    Live stream was great for for the gymnastics no editing..

and the thing is NBC is just one channel the other channels show a lot more of the events also...