Options
2»

Comments

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    wrestlemania 2000 was ridiculous...

i used to just sit there and watch the computer run 40 man royal rumbles.....

jsut sit there n watch.....not even play......

me and my crew used to do that with the created wrestlers. We'd sit and create a stable (3 CAW for each of us) and then own the game. First game where you could create your own belts, next to WWF Attitude. Now I do the simulation with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PSx2.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    can't see youtube videos, but i'm assuming that's the videos of the mario kart cheats....

everyone knew about the stadium...,,that ? was like the normal tack almost..

but the rainbow and dk jungle cheats..

man them ? was like next to impossible...

i could get the rainbow to work every now n then......like only on rare occasion could i get it on the first try in the actual race.....more times than not i ? myself up spending the rest of the race trying to catch up....

but the dk cheat... man ....tht ? was just tried over and over again to prove to ? it could actually be done...i've never seen someone just casually do it in the middle of a race...
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mally_G wrote: »

me and my crew used to do that with the created wrestlers. We'd sit and create a stable (3 CAW for each of us) and then own the game. First game where you could create your own belts, next to WWF Attitude. Now I do the simulation with Fire Pro Wrestling Returns for PSx2.

yo there were so many crazy ass finishers than you'd think real wrestlers would pick up... but no such luck....

• Mally_G
    Mally_G Members Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

yo there were so many crazy ass finishers than you'd think real wrestlers would pick up... but no such luck....

that's because the moves originally were done in Japan. All those Burning Hammers and reverse Tombstone's were done in New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, and any where but America. The WWF didn't touch any of those dangerous moves. ECW was the only promotion that imitated Japanese wrestling.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was un-step-to-able at the followin' titles...

Super Smash Bros
    Mario Kart
    Ready 2 Rumble
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I had more fun playing the SNES then any console. I loved my N64. It was a beast. But the SNES had me literally hooked for Hours...

TMNT: Turtles in Time
    Contra IV: The Alien Wars
    Super Mario World
    That Tiny Toons game
    Super R type
    Super Metriod
    Super Mario All Stars
    Super Castlevania
    Super Street Fighter 2
    TMNT: Fighters Tournament
    Donkey Kong Kountry 2
    Mortal Kombat 2

Man that SNES...
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    but NES had

river-city-ransom-virtual-console-20080421070959595.jpg

Mike_Tysons_Punch_Out_NES_ScreenShot4.jpg

and

Boulder_Dash_NES_ScreenShot1.jpg
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options

that's because the moves originally were done in Japan. All those Burning Hammers and reverse Tombstone's were done in New Japan Pro Wrestling, All Japan Pro Wrestling, and any where but America. The WWF didn't touch any of those dangerous moves. ECW was the only promotion that imitated Japanese wrestling.

As GREAT as WM 2000 was I think No mercy was better
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESyLtnam_sE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mU-OWV3-KuQ&feature=watch_response
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jifdwVLLIkY
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8O4E1S9-I&feature=relmfu
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVZzl9mfKX4&feature=fvwrel
    In no mercy I still remember you could get ANY move also and even the SHoryuken and ryu fireball...

and real wrestling fan ? ? with VPW ...
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I'm a say N64......... golden eye and no mercy had a young ? and his ? hooked for hours

Golden Eye
    WWF No Mercy
    Mario 64
    Mario Kart
    Diddy Kong Racing
    Pokemon Stadium
    Tony Hawk
    the list goes on

SNes was that ? also

OG Nintendo is what got me into this gaming ? and imo has all the rights to be called the Greatest along with the PS2
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Goldeneye/perfect Dark went hand in hand, in fact perfect Dark was goldeneye 2.0 with a ? and aliens. i wish they never ? it up or at least came back with a 3rd perfect Dark...

proximity mines, laptop gun, and remote control rocket launcher is all I had to say about that game. My first love of fps.

? the cheap ass farsight gun tho...

Btw, the game shark code where you could have two rocket launchers in both hands in goldeneye was GOAT. I still tried to look for a hack so I could use the Tank in multiplayer...
  • SuperSoaker
    SuperSoaker Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No mercy was GOAT! lololololo too many memories.

Me, my brother, and our best friend for about a week got stuck on a match, I think it was Ken shamrock or Mankind in a cage! None of us could beat him, every day we would all try and the opponent would always win lololol then one day my friend did the impossible he beat him. I've never seen such a celebration for beating something in a game since. We were jumping all over the room ? screaming yelling, then a hat on top of my bros TV fell from all the movement we made, right onto the N64 and froze the game! -___-

We all sat there deflated like a ? lol
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mad Jack wrote: »
    Is this a joke? The SNES and it is the last good Nintendo console period. Chrono Trigger alone destroys every other Nintendo console.
    ocelot wrote: »
    SNES... Only console that's better is PS2
    Maybe slightly better than the PSX and that is a strong maybe, but the PS2 is the GOAT.

Never had one but I'll say SNES>>NES>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>that garbage N64

And I disagree. PSX was better than SNES. Larger library and better games.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N64 without question. Mario kart and GoldenEye had ? huddled around the tv blazd out of our minds passin the controller. Lol.

same here add nfl blitz ? used to go ham
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N64 was that deal. I remember my freshman year in college (I'm an old head) going hard on my residence hall wing in Goldeneye, Smash Bros, and WWF No Mercy.

People had more heated tourneys in those games then ANY Madden game. They still played Madden, but not as much.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I used to do this for Smash Bros. give them all like 10 men and a boatload of special weapons and just watch the computer go nuts. ? was funny.
  • stoneface
    stoneface Members Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SNES by a long shot. Others are classics too, though