Semi-Pro Football

Options
13»

Comments

• Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.Bocario wrote: »
    After watching the OTL. It looks like there is nothing fun, or logical about playing semi-pro football

like some of the others have said, i think it could be alot of fun if you had adequate padding, played on halfway decent fields, most people were around the same age, and the league was somewhat organized. Oh and if you didn't have to pay for your ? .
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dudes out there using cracked up helmets , ? that...... buddy got hit so hard his heart shifted ...no thanks
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still don't get what's "Pro" about this??? Seems like pop Warner for adults.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have had a number of ex-teammates play in those type leagues. ? is WOAT. Them MFer used to have to come to work after practice all tired trying to find a place to sleep for about an hour.

Then we had cats that played in the SEmi Pro league in Norfolk. All sailors that could get kicked out if the Navy found out. I tried out but left the next day after mid way through try-out MFer told me the real deal. You had to pay for everything and volunteer to cut the grass and stripe the field one weekend.

MFer out there like field of dreams.
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »
    I have had a number of ex-teammates play in those type leagues. ? is WOAT. Them MFer used to have to come to work after practice all tired trying to find a place to sleep for about an hour.

Then we had cats that played in the SEmi Pro league in Norfolk. All sailors that could get kicked out if the Navy found out. I tried out but left the next day after mid way through try-out MFer told me the real deal. You had to pay for everything and volunteer to cut the grass and stripe the field one weekend.

MFer out there like field of dreams.

ROFL , dying at the Bolded
  • KeepOnPushing
    Options
  • bigev240
    bigev240 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 10,925 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are giving up life and limb to play semi-pro football and they are not getting paid, ? that. I'm in a bowling league and on any night I can leave outta the bowling alley with between $250-$500.