losing socks...

2»

Comments

• In Your Moms Room
    In Your Moms Room Members Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? is so real. Happens all the time. I blame Obama.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always wear black socks, white socks are every now and then.

I hate how sometimes you have one super bright ass white sock then the other sock is clean, but looks like you ran through the mud with it. ? white socks.
  • Britt_J
    Britt_J Members Posts: 604 ✭✭✭✭
    J-GUTTA wrote: »
    Britt_J wrote: »
    Speaking of which, today on the way to work .

imagejpeg_2-3.jpg

Now you know you wrong for that..smh at you trying to hide it behind your other foot.

I hope you know that wasn't me. I think he sort of peeped me trying to take a pic.

Ha! I really thought that was you for a second. My oops.
  • J-GUTTA
    J-GUTTA Members Posts: 9,107 ✭✭✭✭✭

imagejpeg_2-3.jpg

Now you know you wrong for that..smh at you trying to hide it behind your other foot.

I hope you know that wasn't me. I think he sort of peeped me trying to take a pic.

? racist tea drinker.
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmao.....you shoulda told him

"my bad yo, but your socks got me geeking right now" either he laugh...or y'all just get into some gangster ?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to have black socks but I lost ALL of them.
  • In Your Moms Room
    c /s wearing black socks. Stay with the crew cut
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my feet sweat, the dye in black socks be getting in my pores....so i gotta wear whites..
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [img]https://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/543604_10151251390583465_692590870_n.jpg[/img]
  • In Your Moms Room
    wack city ? , wack wack city ?
  • J-GUTTA
    Haul Judos wrote: »
    lmao.....you shoulda told him

"my bad yo, but your socks got me geeking right now" either he laugh...or y'all just get into some gangster ?

He looked like an old Marine. You know one of those old people that think talking load on cells makes people on the other end hear them clearer....which he did do.

• Britt_J

imagejpeg_2-3.jpg

? racist tea drinker.

Well that's not nice. Lol...but why I gotta be racist though?
  • J-GUTTA
    edited August 2012
    @britJ because you thought them white legs were mine. I'm Latino damn it besides I'm a tan color check avi. Besides I don't think calling you a WASP would work on you.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Someway somehow I know the Illuminati has something to do with this.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012

you may be on to something.
  • Britt_J
    @j gutta I thought u just had pale legs. My apologies sir, won't happen again..and I have a feeling that by WASP, you don't mean the insect.
  • In Your Moms Room

Lmao! I was going to say this..but i went with Obama instead.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can Quantum Mechanics Solve 'Missing Socks' Mystery?

Posted by Ross Pomeroy at Fri, 09 Dec 2011 03:03:24

Putting a load of laundry in the wash can be both a joyous and somber occasion. Joyous, in that your laundry will soon be refreshingly clean and the overflowing clothes hamper will be relieved of its smelly burden; but somber, in that you may never see some of your socks ever again.

Unlike most clothes purchases, socks rarely last very long. Many fall victim to rips and tears, but even more vanish in the laundry process. This is a mystery that - for the most part - remains unsolved.

Not for lack of trying, mind you. A host of theories and explanations have been furnished, with some actually yielding results. Could the socks be lost somewhere within the innards of your washer and dryer? Depending upon the appliance, it's a definite possibility. Drew, a caller into The Naked Scientist radio show, took apart his washing machine and found three socks in the drain tube.

Socks can also get easily lodged within other pieces of clothing. Their small size and susceptibility to static cling makes them ideal candidates to wind up in sweaters, jackets, and pant-legs. Upon adorning these articles of clothing and venturing from your home, the socks can end up being deposited in strange, foreign environments, such as in the coffee room at work.

A little explanation: Static electricity is the build-up of electric charge on the surface of objects. Due to the friction created by clothes tumbling in the dryer, certain articles of clothing can become positively or negatively charged. Oppositely charged pieces will tend to stick to each other. Polyester and wool socks are especially vulnerable to the whims of static electricity because polyester tends to attract electrons and wool tends to want to give up electrons.

Static cling and the "lost in the machine" theory can explain many incidents of missing socks, but they definitely can't explain all of them. Thus, Brian J. Reardon thought it necessary to comically put forth a quantum mechanical approach to the problem. His highly theoretical "quantum theory of laundry" (QTL) is based on three "intuitive assumptions":

The sock never leaves the enclosed system of the washer or dryer.
    While the sock is confined to the total washer system, it is not confined to the main washing compartment. It may be in the main washing compartment, the lint trap, or anywhere in between.
    The sock can be expressed mathematically as a wave function of position and time (Y(x,t)).
    Given these assumptions and a large amount of highly technical explanation (that had me wishing I didn't snooze through so many college physics lectures), Reardon concludes:
    The QTL explains that socks never actually disappear. Quite simply, at the time of disturbance or stopping of the machine they have a wave function that puts them temporarily in the washing system or completely converts them to lint.
    Reardon's application of quantum mechanics to the case of AWOL socks goes to show just how much of an enigma the situation really is. The theories presented in this blog post may very well have some truth to them, but at the same time, I wouldn't be surprised if a peculiar race of tiny bearded gnomes were stealing our socks to fuel their own profit venture.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn I do have one drawer with a bunch of single socks.....I don't understand it
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got me a 12 pack from tj maxx for 3.99.....I'm done with white socks though, to Damn hard to maintain them ?