Im bout to sacrifice my PS3 memory and my time to play this Dust 514 beta for you ? ...

Options
ocelot
ocelot Members Posts: 10,019 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in IllGaming
You're Welcome....

DUST514_2d_Box_1000px.jpg

Dust 514 is an upcoming free-to-play console-based FPS set within the Eve universe, developed by CCP Games.
Dust 514 will be a first-person shooter with elements of massively multiplayer online games. Combat will take place on the various planets found in Eve Online, each of which will offer a unique map. Planets will be divided into large districts, which hold resources and installations that players must fight for control over. Only the natural landscape of each planet remains constant; the placement of buildings and surface structures is controlled by the player corporations.[7][8] Both teams will have a "commander" who can oversee the planetary combat and make tactical decisions from a RTS-style perspective.[9] The commanders reside within a massive aerial fortress known as the "mobile command center". According to CCP, mobile command centers will require fuel to run systems such as turrets and energy shields, and it will be up to commanders to extract fuel from sources within the battlefield. The goal of each team will be to destroy the opposing mobile command center.[10]

Infantry in Dust 514 will be equipped with "dropsuits" which function similarly to the ship hulls in Eve Online. Dropsuits have various module slots which players can utilize to fit different weapons and equipment, giving players customization choices and the ability to fill specific roles.[11] Skill training, in a manner similar to Eve Online, is also available. CCP has stated that it would take seven years to train all skills, and that it was not intended for any player to learn all of the skills. Instead, CCP believes that players will naturally become specialized by selecting a certain set of skills and becoming "really, really good at them."[12] Player-driven vehicles will also be available in the game; these can be transported to anywhere within the battlefield using "rapid deployment vehicles" at the request of players. Vehicles will share the modular fitting system that infantry dropsuits have.[13]

Although the Dust players will be mercenaries, they can also seize territory from planets within the Eve universe for their own alliance and corporation, which will take place in the form of Corporation vs. Corporation matches. This allows Dust corporations to build infrastructure on captured territory, but it is unclear what manufacturing power Dust corps will hold.[14]

Although Dust 514 will be primarily focused on emergent gameplay from real players, CCP has confirmed that there will be a survival game mode which pits players against A.I. controlled rogue drones.[15]

163803_8.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tASM8P6c16c
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u2le0JNSfNw

I'll be back with a review...

Comments