How They Brainwash A Nation: we are in stage 3

High Revolutionary
High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Social Lounge

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was all about this video awhile back. Thing is, why would a KGB officer do that interview?
  • TB.Boy
    TB.Boy Members Posts: 553 ✭✭✭
    Bro you allways find the illest vids on youtube. thanks
  • High Revolutionary
    High Revolutionary Members Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    I was all about this video awhile back. Thing is, why would a KGB officer do that interview?

Why not?

There's a plethora of reasons, but does what he say not sound reasonable?
    TB.Boy wrote: »
    Bro you allways find the illest vids on youtube. thanks

Props. I just see stuff I find interesting and pass it on.
  • theBlackbeard
    theBlackbeard Members Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We waking up slightly tho, and it's becoming more apparent. More and more people are becoming more in tuned with their spirit, gaining more awareness.
  • LUClEN
    3 generations of Marxist lennism in America?

Sounds like some communist anxiety based bs to me.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 generations of Marxist lennism in America?

Sounds like some communist anxiety based bs to me.

Considering who was in the White House at the time (in 1985) I KNOW its Cold War nonsense. That ? stopped just short of having "My name is Ronald Reagan...and I approve this message" at the end lol

The only truths is that the educational & economic systems are in shambles.
  • LUClEN
    From what I understand of the public school system, rather than being meant to create communists, isn't it meant to pump out low-intelligence-non-critical drones?

A prof once told me that in Boston (if my memory serves me correctly) parents protested violently when their kids were forced to go to public school. At the time the curriculum was designed to create obedient workers that would fulfill basic low level jobs

Not sure how true that is though.
  • theBlackbeard
    From what I understand of the public school system, rather than being meant to create communists, isn't it meant to pump out low-intelligence-non-critical drones?

A prof once told me that in Boston (if my memory serves me correctly) parents protested violently when their kids were forced to go to public school. At the time the curriculum was designed to create obedient workers that would fulfill basic low level jobs

I mean the proof are the students. Look at them, think about it. The people you probably went to school with. We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, (how many took black history serious?) and no longer teach our founding documents, why we are exceptional, and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, and school boards continue to back mediocrity.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean the proof are the students. Look at them, think about it. The people you probably went to school with. We have intentionally dumbed down our schools, ignored our history, (how many took black history serious?) and no longer teach our founding documents, why we are exceptional, and why we are worth preserving. Students by and large cannot write, think critically, read, or articulate. Parents are not revolting, teachers are not picketing, and school boards continue to back mediocrity.

"We" didn't do ? . Public school became a political tool. Certain people started complaining that public school was "too liberal", and thus started cutting education and eliminating things from curriculums. Can't teach civics, can't teach real history or cultural (look at what they did in Arizona), science is devalued, and the way kids were taught to read had changed.

But here is my problem: people do complain!! They ALWAYS complain. You rarely see that on the news though. When teachers complain about lack of supplies that doesn't make the news, when parents go to school board meetings screaming and yelling, you may get a few minutes of coverage but when the principals and school boards are pitching a ? they are told "welp, we gots no money" and then because their jobs are political tools they keep quiet.

It ? me off that people believe that schools are failing and nobody does or says anything because its not true. Nobody is listening.

Instead, whatever is politicized is dominating the media and national discussions. All that ? boils down to teachers unions and that's pretty much it.
  • theBlackbeard
    jono wrote: »

"We" didn't do ? . Public school became a political tool. Certain people started complaining that public school was "too liberal", and thus started cutting education and eliminating things from curriculums. Can't teach civics, can't teach real history or cultural (look at what they did in Arizona), science is devalued, and the way kids were taught to read had changed.

But here is my problem: people do complain!! They ALWAYS complain. You rarely see that on the news though. When teachers complain about lack of supplies that doesn't make the news, when parents go to school board meetings screaming and yelling, you may get a few minutes of coverage but when the principals and school boards are pitching a ? they are told "welp, we gots no money" and then because their jobs are political tools they keep quiet.

It ? me off that people believe that schools are failing and nobody does or says anything because its not true. Nobody is listening.

Instead, whatever is politicized is dominating the media and national discussions. All that ? boils down to teachers unions and that's pretty much it.

The same people pitching a ? are the ones who elected these officials who do next to nothing for there kids future. "We" are a nation, we are supposed to be responsible for our future leaders. Sure some parents try, and true there rants and raves fall upon def ears but do you say "Well they don't have money cant do nothing about that"?

I think the real issue is simply apathy. Not enough people care. Our country is in bad shape, worse than ever, and issues like this are not going to simply get better, or vanish. There is no bright side to wasting the mind of our youth. As long as we are living in this country it will always be "we". We might not be the ones with the position to change anything, but as a collective we have more than enough power. And as long as we are divided as we are, the problem continues and we are all to blame for that.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012

The same people pitching a ? are the ones who elected these officials who do next to nothing for there kids future. "We" are a nation, we are supposed to be responsible for our future leaders. Sure some parents try, and true there rants and raves fall upon def ears but do you say "Well they don't have money cant do nothing about that"?

I think the real issue is simply apathy. Not enough people care. Our country is in bad shape, worse than ever, and issues like this are not going to simply get better, or vanish. There is no bright side to wasting the mind of our youth. As long as we are living in this country it will always be "we". We might not be the ones with the position to change anything, but as a collective we have more than enough power. And as long as we are divided as we are, the problem continues and we are all to blame for that.

Yeah we are all to blame for the apathy so many feel about life in American society these days. I went to a public high school for 2 years in junior and senior year, and I saw the HUGE difference between private school and public. I still believe if a kid wants to learn, he or she WILL learn, but teachers in private schools seem to motivate students more. In public school, teachers are more overwhelmed and often surrounded by kids with many social issues. I blame parents the most for the reason kids are how they are now in school.

I saw how ambitious the kids from immigrant families were compared to African American and Latino kids, and it always disappointed me to see how Caribbean or African first generation kids along with Asians wanted to study more after school. The other kids just wanted to smoke ? , play basketball, or mess around with girls. I did all 3 too but not as much as the kids around me did. So yeah, I blame parents more than the teachers overall.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179

Yeah we are all to blame for the apathy so many feel about life in American society these days. I went to a public high school for 2 years in junior and senior year, and I saw the HUGE difference between private school and public. I still believe if a kid wants to learn, he or she WILL learn, but teachers in private schools seem to motivate students more. In public school, teachers are more overwhelmed and often surrounded by kids with many social issues. I blame parents the most for the reason kids are how they are now in school.

I saw how ambitious the kids from immigrant families were compared to African American and Latino kids, and it always disappointed me to see how Caribbean or African first generation kids along with Asians wanted to study more after school. The other kids just wanted to smoke ? , play basketball, or mess around with girls. I did all 3 too but not as much as the kids around me did. So yeah, I blame parents more than the teachers overall.

Yeah! & the vicious cycle never ends - blame is the bottom line. Parents blame teachers and those same parents blame the schools and the schools deteriorate & the endless cycle just goes on and on and on. It all comes down to this -- only the strong will survive & that doesn't necessarily mean the physically strong type (s).

• plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    I think its like this. People hear what they wanna hear and believe what they wanna believe. Example, try telling someone christian over 70 the concept of Jesus being black. They dont wanna hear it, no matter how many facts you give them. All politicians lie. They all campaign on promises they dont keep. I read and hear everyday how bad our economy is doing, but 2 and a half miles from where I live is a building boom. Condos and high rise apartments going up everyday, but at the same time they wanna cut city bus routes and school funding. Our governor has handcuffed teachers here. I'm pretty sure the good ones will leaving the state en mass soon.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    plocc wrote: »
    I think its like this. People hear what they wanna hear and believe what they wanna believe. Example, try telling someone christian over 70 the concept of Jesus being black. They dont wanna hear it, no matter how many facts you give them. All politicians lie. They all campaign on promises they dont keep. I read and hear everyday how bad our economy is doing, but 2 and a half miles from where I live is a building boom. Condos and high rise apartments going up everyday, but at the same time they wanna cut city bus routes and school funding. Our governor has handcuffed teachers here. I'm pretty sure the good ones will leaving the state en mass soon.
    '

Why are you comparing private sector jobs - to city worker issues (government type jobs). BTW many union pension plans are bankrupting many cities/states - so if cuts aren't made then the cities will be going bankrupt across this nation.

• VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're brainwashed by everything, even by the things you believe in and follow.