The Allen Iverson Appreciation Thread

Options

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Respect to A.I. Played with the most ? -out heart on the court in decades. Damn shame he still can't get a run, tho.

its his own fault he cant get a run dont feel sorry for him
    a.i is the greatest of all times IMO

but he can't get a run because he's done. 5'10, 160 1lbs in the National Basketball Association, where the lil ? die.

he gave ? 12 HOF years, the last year in a half of his career, u seen the toll of playing @ that level, night in and night out had on his body .

the guy was 30 ? 5, and was playing with numerous career ending injuries, for the majority of his career. ? acting like A.I is 27 or some ? , and still in prime form.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol he said played with numerous career ending injuries...

and greatest of ALLTIMES.

• TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Three things lead to the demise of Iverson's NBA career.

1. the NBA started calling the Palming call more, eliminating iverson's signature move.

2. as he got older he lost his first step that gave him an advantage over everyone else in the league. in his prime he was the fastest player in the nba.

and...

3. this was the end of his career when he said this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h00oBDCODs

no nba coach would touch him after this because allen iverson would always have a higher self opinion of himself than anyone else. iverson always thought stats and popularity and awards would the determining factor in success. if he would of came off the bench with the grizzles he would still be in the NBA today on some gary payton, karl malone lakers status.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The palming has nothing to do with it.. it was a bad habit but it certainly wasnt a crutch or anything he needed

only thing is he wasnt willing to compromise in the way he played the game. then those last couple years he was unfocused.
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Well everybody should know something every star player didn't have to practice and a.i. was right he shouldn't have

came off the bench in those situations.
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my favorite player of all time and i'm old enough to have seen jordan play. toughest player in nba history. and pounded nas baby moms.
    styleallen.jpg
    he still cant dress for ? though.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    my favorite player of all time and i'm old enough to have seen jordan play. toughest player in nba history. and pounded nas baby moms.
    styleallen.jpg
    he still cant dress for ? though.

Who didnt pound nas baby moms?
  • ATTS
    Options
    I remember in menphis when the coach told iverson he was gonna start mike connley over him...iverson was heated...he only lasted 3 days in memphis...smh.... its a shame thoigh....

Hes good midrange shooter
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    i have a love/hate for that crossover on Mike.
  • SleepwalkingInJapan
    SleepwalkingInJapan Members Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    smh/lol @ chris webber being the savior iverson needed to win a chip...

philly got sold a dream.
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    Allen Iverson >>>>>>>>> zeke
    Stop it

isiah-thomas-300d.jpg

Post Isaih Thomas teammates?

Then il post Iverson's -- im waitin

Why do yall keep refering like Iverson teammates were garbage. East was weak in this era
    Aaron Mckie- 6th man of the year
    Mutumbo - DPOY and 2nd team All NBA and 1st Team All Defense
    Larry Brown-COY
    Eric Snow - defensive role player he guarded the 2 guards Iverson couldnt and he hit alot of big shots during that run to the finals
    Tyrone Hill- Solid PF @ this time in the League
    Raja Bell- Defensive Role player

Quick Note: Iverson went thru the Reggie Miller, Vince Carter and Ray Allen to get to the Finals and lost
    Zeke went thru Larry Bird, MJ, and Magic Johnson and won.....so please once again STOP IT!!! Zeke is GOAT
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Allen Iverson >>>>>>>>> zeke
    Stop it

isiah-thomas-300d.jpg

Post Isaih Thomas teammates?

Then il post Iverson's -- im waitin

Why do yall keep refering like Iverson teammates were garbage. East was weak in this era
    Aaron Mckie- 6th man of the year
    Mutumbo - DPOY and 2nd team All NBA and 1st Team All Defense
    Larry Brown-COY
    Eric Snow - defensive role player he guarded the 2 guards Iverson couldnt and he hit alot of big shots during that run to the finals
    Tyrone Hill- Solid PF @ this time in the League
    Raja Bell- Defensive Role player

Quick Note: Iverson went thru the Reggie Miller, Vince Carter and Ray Allen to get to the Finals and lost
    Zeke went thru Larry Bird, MJ, and Magic Johnson and won.....so please once again STOP IT!!! Zeke is GOAT

Iverson ? on Zeke. thats all i know....
    great argument u have just been

ether-e1296908676217.gif
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Some of yall don't know ? about basketball if yall think iverson better than zeke
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Some of yall don't know ? about basketball if yall think iverson better than zeke

our we talking team accolades or individual performances because AI is better as an individual .
  • [Trillmatic]
    [Trillmatic] Members Posts: 3,531 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    best handles in the history of the NBa.
  • ATTS
    Options
    Zeke ? on isaiah
  • freshb651
    freshb651 Members Posts: 8,240 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • TheBossman
    TheBossman Members Posts: 19,796 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    I remember in menphis when the coach told iverson he was gonna start mike connley over him...iverson was heated...he only lasted 3 days in memphis...smh.... its a shame thoigh....

*clicks abuse* abuse to the English language.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    if the Sixers draft Dirk instead of wack-ass Larry Hughes..........
  • ATTS
    Options
    TheBossman wrote: »
    ATTS wrote: »

*clicks abuse* abuse to the English language.
    ? ? you....no ?
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching those videos brought back memories especially the Chris Rock & Stephen A. interviews, A.I. was my ? . Probably my favorite player outside of Patrick Ewing. I used to hate watching Knicks/Sixers games in the late 90's-early 2000's I was conflicted like a ? .

I see some shots being fired in this thread but none of y'all can deny Iverson's heart son. He played every game as if it was his last and that's why I ? with him.
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shouts to A.I
    he played with alot of heart, one of the best scorers ever
    but SCUST 2 the zeke hate in this thread
    Do ya realize only one player beat Magic, Bird, and MJ while each was in their prime???? thats right. ISAIAH THOMAS. the GOAT lil man......he neck n neck wit Magic as best PG IMO
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did'nt start watching Ball in the 90's so I've seen a lot of "real" ? play
  • CP203
    CP203 Members Posts: 10,421 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    iverson my fav nba player all time, that lil ? had heart and wasnt scared to go to the rack