Why does Israel have so much power over America?

2»

Comments

• down2earth
    down2earth Members Posts: 953 ✭✭✭
    Money and special interests. I thought this was pretty widely known by now.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    I give Obama props for not meeting Netanyahu this week, the nutcase prime minister of Israel. He knows hanging with him during these sensitive times in the Middle East isn't a good move, much props given in this respect.
    i don't think it as so much to do with hanging out with Israel in these sensitive times as the fact that he's not going to let Netanyahu bully him, attempt to give him orders, etc, etc. which in this case i agree with.
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    I give Obama props for not meeting Netanyahu this week, the nutcase prime minister of Israel. He knows hanging with him during these sensitive times in the Middle East isn't a good move, much props given in this respect.
    i don't think it as so much to do with hanging out with Israel in these sensitive times as the fact that he's not going to let Netanyahu bully him, attempt to give him orders, etc, etc. which in this case i agree with.

Yeah if that is the real reason Obama is avoiding Netanyahu, all the more power to him. He shouldn't let any foreign leader bully him, especially one like Netanyahu. Obama needs to tell him over the phone "unless you stop making me and America look bad with your policies, I have no reason to make you look good"
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is nice to see, it's good that decent Israelis out there see the error of their govt's ways. It's easy to forget many Israelis are against the theft and stealing of Palestinian land, Israel may have some hope after all, but it's gota tear down all or many of the illegal settlements first, that and stop stealing water.....
  • Muhannad
    Muhannad Members Posts: 3,007 ✭✭✭✭✭
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    In my political science course the prof got to discussing Canada's recent decision to disassemble its embassy in Iran and what such actions symbolize. He then talked about the regular vote that takes place in the United Nations regarding Israel's refusal to respect what the rest of the world decided at the 1949 Geneva Convention. Of all the countries in the world that participate, he claimed only 6 of them vote in favor of Israel: Micronesia, Canada, Israel, America, and two other small pacific islands.

Any way, I realize while Israel applauded the ? out of Canada's decision to close the embassy, the decision was largely made due to American influences. What is the reason for America backing Israel so much though?
    One word.. AIPAC. These Jews got lobby groups like AIPAC influencing politicians. Money talks, bullsh*t walks. These people spend money within their own group. Can't be mad at thesen people. They pool their money together to achieve a common goal. That's how you get things done as a collective. Jews understand this concept, latino's get this, hell.. even ? get this but not everyone seems to get this.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol@saying they run ? being anti-semtic...
    anyway this Puerto Rican chicks tay posting the weirdest pro Israel ? on facebook...
    this ? is cultish and sinister as ? ...