Signs of the times! Mystery, Babylon the Great is fallen, is fallen!

2»

Comments

• DoUwant2go2Heaven
    DoUwant2go2Heaven Members Posts: 10,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, thinking is not equated to knowing the truth. No where in the word of ? are we instructed to "think" the truth. Rather we are commanded to know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

So, do you know how we can know the truth my brother?
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, thinking is not equated to knowing the truth. No where in the word of ? are we instructed to "think" the truth. Rather we are commanded to know the truth and the truth shall set you free.

I think, therefore I am.

How do we know the truth and what is truth to you?
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    edited August 2012

I think, therefore I am.

How do we know the truth and what is truth to you?

Humility is the key to knowing truth my brother. By acknowledging that you don't know everything, you humbly submit to that fact, and therefore you start to seek to know what truth is.

Truth to me is Jesus Christ.
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2012
    Pilate also asked 'what is truth' (John 18:37-38), but walked away before even getting an answer which shows he wasn't really concerned with what truth is anyway. We learn from the scripts son question was actually a statement about his belief that an absolute truth doesn't exist.
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truth to me is Jesus Christ.

I disagree, but if you are happy in your beliefs, I am happy for you
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY DO YALL CONSTANTLY TRY TO BASH & DISCREDIT DOUWANT?

YALL KNOW THE MAN SPEAKS TRUTH, BUT YALL REFUSE TO HEAR IT AND JUST WRITE HIM OFF AS IF HE IS CRAZY...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    WHY DO YALL CONSTANTLY TRY TO BASH & DISCREDIT DOUWANT?
    all posters who spam threads are automatically discredited in my eyes

• blackamerica
    blackamerica Members Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    heyslick wrote: »
    As some laugh others feel it's a sign of the times - I used to believe in this country & feel it is on the right path - that isn't the case anymore - the current administration has divided the country like NO other previous administration has done. The corrupt system in place now will destroy America & the spirit of my fellow Americans will eventually come back and make this country great once again - Just look at countries like Greece et al & that's the direction/pathway were headed on now - SO!! just how well are those countries doing? I think this person ( DoUwant2go2Heaven?) knows a lot more than many are willing to admit to.
    The current administration did what? Were you alive during the Bush administration?

You have been stripped of any little credibility you had

• heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    heyslick wrote: »
    As some laugh others feel it's a sign of the times - I used to believe in this country & feel it is on the right path - that isn't the case anymore - the current administration has divided the country like NO other previous administration has done. The corrupt system in place now will destroy America & the spirit of my fellow Americans will eventually come back and make this country great once again - Just look at countries like Greece et al & that's the direction/pathway were headed on now - SO!! just how well are those countries doing? I think this person ( DoUwant2go2Heaven?) knows a lot more than many are willing to admit to.
    The current administration did what? Were you alive during the Bush administration?

You have been stripped of any little credibility you had

Matter of fact and coincidentally MY very first thread on this site was entitled - IMPEACH this sorry bastard (President Bush). FYI the current adminstration is INCOMPETENT....so it doesn't matter what they do - btw you shouldn't fret so much about your saviour - he'll win, that fate has already been determined. BTW IMO this election is rigged.

• Jack_Riches
    Jack_Riches Members Posts: 41
    Babylon is Babylon. it wasnt one location, it was an empire. Babylon's "capital" is wat we know today as Iraq. Babylon cannot be America, for America is not in the middle east. Iran, Jordan, Lebanon nd other middle eastern countries made up Babylon. Notice what country is in the middle of all this? Israel. thats why Babylon will fall, cuz they seek Israel's total annihilation
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    Babylon is Babylon. it wasnt one location, it was an empire. Babylon's "capital" is wat we know today as Iraq. Babylon cannot be America, for America is not in the middle east. Iran, Jordan, Lebanon nd other middle eastern countries made up Babylon. Notice what country is in the middle of all this? Israel. thats why Babylon will fall, cuz they seek Israel's total annihilation

Good explanation - I always wondered Y some made that comparison - btw if Israel falls so will America....I've never been so disillusioned about Americas future as I am now.

• Jack_Riches
    if America stays as Israel's "big brother" so to speak, even in times of possible war brought on by the rest of the middle east, i believe they will defend them. if the Anti-Christ makes war, that means theres gonna be parties AGAINST him. nd i believe USA is one of em.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven

Babylon is Babylon. But this thread is talking about "Mystery, Babylon the Great". A deep study in the prophets, reliance on the Holy Spirit, and a thirst for truth will reveal who John was talking about in Revelation 17 and 18.
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    if America stays as Israel's "big brother" so to speak, even in times of possible war brought on by the rest of the middle east, i believe they will defend them. if the Anti-Christ makes war, that means theres gonna be parties AGAINST him. nd i believe USA is one of em.

What does the scripture say though? Well, if we read Ezekiel 38 and 39 we see what will happen when the middle east, north Africa, and Russia all come together in order to destroy Israel. The prophecy tells us that no nation will stand with Israel when this happens. And as a matter of fact the fall of "Mystery Babylon" is also contained in the prophecy. Thus, the prophecy tell us that ? will super-naturally intervene and destroy the attacking host, leaving only 1/6th of the invading army alive.

This is all happens at the beginning of the tribulation period, it starts the day of the LORD, which is the time of the end. The total nuclear destruction of America and the near total destruction of the Gog and Magog invaders are the 2 major events that will start the end of the age.

The first 4 seals and the first 4 trumpets are all tied up in the prophecy of Revelation 17-18, Jeremiah 50-51, Isaiah 13-14, 47, and Ezekiel 38-39. Amen.

• Jack_Riches
    Babylon is not to be taken just symbolically here. Babylon represents "the world" outside of believers, but when the Bible talks about an invasion, u just have to look at a map to see where Israel is nd the countries surrounding it. the anti-Christ will serve a ? of fortresses correct? that means he will wage war. you need an opposition to wage war. why else would a fake peace treaty for 3.5 years happen? that means there WILL be war with Israel and its allies until the AC proposes this 7 year peace treaty that will only last for 3.5 years. after those 3.5 years is when things REALLY get ? .
  • DoUwant2go2Heaven
    Babylon is not to be taken just symbolically here. Babylon represents "the world" outside of believers, but when the Bible talks about an invasion, u just have to look at a map to see where Israel is nd the countries surrounding it. the anti-Christ will serve a ? of fortresses correct? that means he will wage war. you need an opposition to wage war. why else would a fake peace treaty for 3.5 years happen? that means there WILL be war with Israel and its allies until the AC proposes this 7 year peace treaty that will only last for 3.5 years. after those 3.5 years is when things REALLY get ? .

Mystery Babylon the Great is actually called a "great city" which rules over all the kingdoms of the world.

"And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth."
    Revelation 17:18

The woman is seen riding a scarlet colored beast that has 7 heads and 10 horns.

"So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns." Revelation 17:3

The woman actually sits on top and controls the world because of her authority. That means that she even has rule over the coming beast, who is the antichrist. That is why the prophecy tells us that the 10 horns, who are the 10 kings will hate Babylon the great and thus destroy her by fire.

"And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the ? , and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire." Revelation 17:16

When this happens the 10 horns will then in turn give their power and strength to the antichrist and thus receive power to rule with him for "1 hour".

"And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast."
    Revelation 17:12

That is why when we see the beast rising from the sea in Revelation 13:1, the 10 horns are crowned because they have destroyed Babylon the Great and given their power to the beast. If you read Revelation 17, you will see that the 10 horns have no crowns. Why? Because they haven't destroyed Babylon the Great. Therefore the beast, isn't even on the scene yet. The beast doesn't come on the scene until after the 10 horns have destroyed Babylon the Great. And when I refer to the beast, I am talking about the antichrist.

"And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy."
    Revelation 13:1

So you see in the above passage of scripture that the 10 horns are crowned because they have done what they were ordained by ? to do in Revelation 17, which was to destroy Babylon the Great.

"16And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the ? , and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. 17For ? hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of ? shall be fulfilled."
    Revelation 17:16-17

Now this all lines up with the old testament prophecy contained in the book of Daniel. The 10 horns are seen first in the prophecy of Daniel before the antichrist, who is the "little horn", even comes on the scene.

"7After this I saw in the night visions, and behold a fourth beast, dreadful and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great iron teeth: it devoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feet of it: and it was diverse from all the beasts that were before it; and it had ten horns. 8I considered the horns, and, behold, there came up among them another little horn, before whom there were three of the first horns plucked up by the roots: and, behold, in this horn were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things." Daniel 7: 7-8

So as the scriptures tell us, the little horn will make war with 3 of the other horns once he comes on the scene. That is where you get the wars from that your talking about. 3 of the 10 horns will resist the antichrist in some way, form, and fashion and thus they will be utterly obliterated by him. But keep in mind that all this takes place after the destruction of Babylon the Great aka America.

I pray that the LORD will guide us into all truth because He is the one who reveals His game-plan to His servants. Let us commune together and seek the truth together in love my friend. I don't have a monopoly on truth my friend. I seek just as you seek. So I pray that the LORD will be our teacher and help us understand His will, plan, and purpose in these last days. Amen.