1235»

Comments

• evoljeanyes
    evoljeanyes Members Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jaxn wrote: »
    louis rich wrote: »
    XMenSchism_5_Preview3.jpg

why he didn't let his claw out on this one?? instant death...

and in the early edition posted, something is just wrong, wolverine is supposed to be a close fighter from nearly 1945? and he's defeated easily like this?

I know when it's come to comics, logic doesn't mean anything and ? but clearly in this picture he didn't really try to ? him

Cyke can fight too and you can say the same about him not wanting to ? Wolverine.

He is burning through layers of his body with optic blasts family. Wolverine is fist fighting a man utilizing his strongest attack. C'mon @jaxn. We all respect Cyke. But in that book he is blasting wolverine. He isn't beating him. Wolverine never goes all out against Cyke ever.

• dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Wolverine cant go all out on Cyke he'll ? him if he did
  • jaxn
    jaxn Members Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

and in the early edition posted, something is just wrong, wolverine is supposed to be a close fighter from nearly 1945? and he's defeated easily like this?

I know when it's come to comics, logic doesn't mean anything and ? but clearly in this picture he didn't really try to ? him

Cyke can fight too and you can say the same about him not wanting to ? Wolverine.

He is burning through layers of his body with optic blasts family. Wolverine is fist fighting a man utilizing his strongest attack. C'mon @jaxn. We all respect Cyke. But in that book he is blasting wolverine. He isn't beating him. Wolverine never goes all out against Cyke ever.

again, that's just one instance of them fighting when there are several others..Cyke never goes all out against Wolverine..blasting his skin off is nothing..Cyke can turn the intensity of his blasts up even stronger than what you see here. If he didn't want Wolverine to get close enough to engage him, there's a great chance he wouldn't. Cyke's optic blasts are powered by an entire dimension filled with that energy.
  • DrMindbender122
    DrMindbender122 Members Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options

again, that's just one instance of them fighting when there are several others..Cyke never goes all out against Wolverine..blasting his skin off is nothing..Cyke can turn the intensity of his blasts up even stronger than what you see here. If he didn't want Wolverine to get close enough to engage him, there's a great chance he wouldn't. Cyke's optic blasts are powered by an entire dimension filled with that energy.

Also, people don't seem to fully understand how his blasts work. Yall seen how the Hulk handled Wolverine in Warworld Hulk, right? Does anyone REALLY believe that Cyke couldn't continuously bombard "Traitorene" with optic blasts with the same or almost equal force to make Wolverine not know WTF his name was for a good minute? His healing factor isn't instantaneous with major injuries.

I know Wolverine is mad popular, but he can and has been beaten. Cyclops is just one name on the list of those who's done it more than once convincingly, Wolverine fans.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options

This is stupid. 1 claw. Sleep. ? his optic blasts. We know there powerful. No ? . He was trying to keep Wolverine off him in the script posted...he couldn't. What are you saying?

You're elimiminating logic. That makes the argument emotional. It shouldn't be. Wolverine had one attack he has never used it on Scott.

Scott has blasted the ? out of Wolverine. He never keeps him down. World War Hulk and Cyclops comparisons. Son...no...just stop.

Its difficult for Wolverine to beat Cyke because he has distance attack they both respect each other. Because there is no death match Wolverine wins. Period. Let it go. Has nothing to do with wolverine fandom. And everyone knows he can be beaten. You guys are accusing me falsely of being wolverines caddy and oblivious to Scott's entire skillet.
  • DrMindbender122
    edited September 2012
    Options

This is stupid. 1 claw. Sleep. ? his optic blasts. We know there powerful. No ? . He was trying to keep Wolverine off him in the script posted...he couldn't. What are you saying?

You're elimiminating logic. That makes the argument emotional. It shouldn't be. Wolverine had one attack he has never used it on Scott.

Scott has blasted the ? out of Wolverine. He never keeps him down. World War Hulk and Cyclops comparisons. Son...no...just stop.

Its difficult for Wolverine to beat Cyke because he has distance attack they both respect each other. Because there is no death match Wolverine wins. Period. Let it go. Has nothing to do with wolverine fandom. And everyone knows he can be beaten. You guys are accusing me falsely of being wolverines caddy and oblivious to Scott's entire skillet.

Correction: They were fighting for control of the blast detonator in Wolverine's hand during their fight in "Schism #5". Hence why Cyclops fought him in close quarter combat like depicted in the scans.

In the scans I posted, all I did was show that it's a proven fact, popularity be damned, that when these two guys square off, Cyclops usually ends up on top.

I actually fell off the wagon with X-Men at one point, but I've always stayed on top of what was happening. I could be wrong, but I've never seen one issue of where Wolverine got the better of Cyclops.
  • jaxn
    Options

What i'm saying is that if Scott really wanted to he could blast Wolverine into submission..Wolverine is not capable of wading through a full force optic blast..yes, if Wolverine gets the opportunity to stabbed Cyclops then game over, but what i'm telling you is, it's unlikely he'd get that chance to get close to Scott if they were both, in fact, going for the ? . Cyclops knows how to handle Wolverine..he's been fighting alongside him for years. He's been an ally as well as his leader.
    Its comics, it's not that serious..what you're eliminating is several years of Marvel canon regarding these two characters. IF this were a fight to the DEATH, do you think Cyclops would let Wolverine get anywhere near him? Wolverine's only chance would be to sneak up on him.
    Scott has blasted the ? out of Wolverine. He never keeps him down.

ok, i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that if Scott took his visors off, opened his eyes at Wolverine and blasted him, Logan is going to stay down for quite some time..

I haven't accused you of being anything. I didn't create the characters, i'm just telling you what the books have shown
  • DrMindbender122
    edited September 2012
    Options
    @ evol - You're my man, B...one of my fav posters in this section. It's not that serious, Fam.

In the end, we'll all agree to disagree. This is a board where we all toss ideas and ? around back and forth. U may know more ? about certain characters than I do. Like for instance, u might be able to put me up on DC characters, cuz I've never really read them and am now just giving them a decent play.

Look @ it this way: Right now, Marvel basically ? on Scott BIG TIME with this AvX nonsense. It makes me sick to my stomach to see how they demonized my favorite Marvel character from growing up to today. All the Cyke haters are going ape ? crazy and rejoicing over my ? 's downfall.

But I will admit this: If Wolverine REALLY let loose and got @ Cyke, he'd probably ? his ass into the afterlife and beyond. He'd probably take it 7/10 times in a fight to the finish. However, I've just never seen Wolverine get the better of Cyclops whenever they've fought. Ever.

The only one who I can honestly say that outsmarted Cyke was Storm when she was powerless.
  • evoljeanyes
    Options
    @jaxn we were discussing the scans you dismissed them and continued to explain Cyclops skill-set as if I'm unaware.

That's my point. You're also dismissing the relationship Wolverine and Scott have.

@mindbender22 respect g, I just think you're wrong. I honestly doubt I know more about any character than you do. I learn from books and there is only so much time to read. Scott and Logan have a well documented history. Scott usually bests Wolverine but its because Wolverine is a pest to Scott and Scott loses his ? and whoops his ass...but during those fights wolverine is just antagonizing Scott. That's my perspective. You feel me?

To the death Wolverine wins because its easier. Otherwise Scott's is a beast but you have to respect Logan's credentials because is usually walking through optic blasts. That's my stance.

I like the way they wrote his character correctly I think. Scott stands behind his ? . He will not bend for ? . I don't wish in ill in his character but it was written well and if you think about it. It probably means he is going yo get a push when he gets right...in movies and books
  • jaxn
    Options
    @jaxn we were discussing the scans you dismissed them and continued to explain Cyclops skill-set as if I'm unaware.

That's my point. You're also dismissing the relationship Wolverine and Scott have.
    I didn't dismiss the scan..I just said that's only one encounter between them when they had many others..I'm also not dismissing their relationship when i continue to point out that they've known each other and worked together for many years..

• jaxn
    Options
    @ evol - You're my man, B...one of my fav posters in this section. It's not that serious, Fam.

In the end, we'll all agree to disagree. This is a board where we all toss ideas and ? around back and forth. U may know more ? about certain characters than I do. Like for instance, u might be able to put me up on DC characters, cuz I've never really read them and am now just giving them a decent play.

Look @ it this way: Right now, Marvel basically ? on Scott BIG TIME with this AvX nonsense. It makes me sick to my stomach to see how they demonized my favorite Marvel character from growing up to today. All the Cyke haters are going ape ? crazy and rejoicing over my ? 's downfall.
    don't trip. Marvel is always ? on its characters..see Thor and Ironman
    But I will admit this: If Wolverine REALLY let loose and got @ Cyke, he'd probably ? his ass into the afterlife and beyond. He'd probably take it 7/10 times in a fight to the finish. However, I've just never seen Wolverine get the better of Cyclops whenever they've fought. Ever.
    and this is my point, if we're using the books, then Scott has an advantage..Wolverine could ? him, but also Cyke can flay the flesh from Wolverine's bones..it's a two way street..
    The only one who I can honestly say that outsmarted Cyke was Storm when she was powerless.

well Storm IS a G.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As much as I hate cyke and think he's the biggest ? in marvel, he's whooping wolvies ass.
  • Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But on another note storm is highly unfuckwitable, she's whooping both their ? from long distance. Ain't no way cyclops can fight a tornado or tsunami.