Sebastian Telfair...what went wrong?

Options
13»

Comments

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Small as ? with no jumpshot and a Liability on defense

i saw him play in person when he was in HS and had the hype he played in the Beach ball classic here in SC ..and it seem like he shot the ball everytime he touched it , he dominated the kids but he was so damn small as in weight ..he looked more 5'10 160lbs then the listed 6'0 he was at ....and he wasnt even the best player in the tournament Deron Williams was ,but they gave Sebastian the "MVP" of the tournament he had good #'s but i thought Deron played better overall games

but when i saw Telfair in person his lack of size and how he played was a huge concern ...his Jumper then was broken ...he scored most his buckets just driving past slower HS Kids
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was rooting for Bassy cuz he's from the home borough. Dude shoulda went to college but be did what he had to do for his fam & he's worked hard enough to stay in the league do u can't knock him. I had the same hopes for Lance Stepheson. Why that ? left Cincy after 1 season...IDK
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^^ Man Lincoln has produced some solid players, Lance is still young so we'll see how his career pans out. My HS was the one playing them in the ESPN doc for the PSAL title and I remember watching him roast our defenders on some AND1 ? at the Garden. I think he's the city's all-time leading scorer, he had ? on lock. I know he had to make sure his fam was good but I know looking back even he knows college would've been great for him. Playing under Pitino, learning when to utilize his scoring ability and when to pass and I think college would've alleviated the hype a bit.
  • ali-phx
    ali-phx Members Posts: 49
    Options
    Think u could see the whole time his game was never really up to par to be a star in the L
  • plocc
    plocc Members Posts: 921 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    see the things is in everyones town across america there is a kid that "is going to the nba" times that by thousands.... when you get to reality a very small portion of "the greatest player you seen growing up" actually has the true skill, and the will to even goto college and make something for themselves let alone.. make it to the nba... So yeah more things went right for Sebastian than went wrong... because he is still in the league and has done some life and game maturation along the way
    Straight up. He still in the league and never was all star material. He caught a gun case, smokes good, got his family out the projects and got paid by adidas. Nothing went wrong if you ask me.The man did damn good.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i think someone should seriously help these nyc undersized guards pick better colleges.
    i think it shoulda been mandatory for them all to ? wit uconn
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    That ? is basically Raefar Austin without the overbite.

Skip was a way better player and the playing time while in the NBA as well as his numbers proves that.