lol...this is going to be COVET's future if she stays too long on this site.....

Options
2nd chances
2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in For The Grown & Sexy
and takes it serious...

after these ruthless ? on here are done with her...she's gonna go from we can all get along to "fkk stupid ? ? !"

A Civil War-era abolitionist woman went from supporting the end of slavery to calling the race ‘ungrateful’ and people who ‘drive me to be tight and stingy with them.’.

From ardent abolitionist to slavery mistress: How one northern Civil War-era woman went from fighting oppression to marrying plantation owner Sarah Hicks Williams was raised in New York but married southern plantation owner
Letters reveal gradual paradigm shift from abolitionist to one who said that blacks were 'ungrateful' and made her want to be 'tight and stingy with them'
By Beth Stebner
PUBLISHED: 22:07 EST, 28 September 2012 | UPDATED: 22:07 EST, 28 September 2012
Comments (0) Share

article-0-154241A3000005DC-332_306x423.jpg
Transformation: Sarah Hicks Williams was born in the North but married a Southern physician who owned a plantation
A Civil War-era abolitionist woman went from supporting the end of slavery to calling the race ‘ungrateful’ and people who ‘drive me to be tight and stingy with them.’
This is the stunning story of Sarah Hicks Williams, who was originally from New Hartford, New York, and eventually married Benjamin Franklin Williams, a physician who owned a plantation in North Carolina.
The woman from the North wrote a series of letters from the time of her marriage in 1853 until 1867, two years after the end of the Civil War.

Mrs Williams’ letters will be put on display in Norwich, UK, in honour of Britain’s Black History Month, and show her gradual shift of opinions on slavery and of those oppressed.

In 1853, a 26-year-old Sarah Hicks married Benjamin Williams and entered into a new life in the South.

The plantation owner had courted her for some eight years, as she was extremely reluctant to marry him and move to the South, according to the book Root Of Bitterness: Documents of the Social History of American Women.
Once she was settled at Clifton Grove, a working plantation, she wrote her parents to describe that the 37 slaves on the property were ‘treated with more familiarity than many Northern servants.’
She confided to her parents: ‘I feel confused. Everything is so different that I do not know which way to stir for fear of making a blunder.

'I have seen enough to convince me that the ill-treatment of the Slaves is exaggerated at the North but I have not seen enough to make me like the institution.’
According to the Guardian, Ms Hicks had wrestled with only two things about Mr Williams before marrying him. ‘One is his owning slaves,’ she wrote.

‘I cannot make it seem right and yet perhaps there may be my sphere of usefulness.
‘The other is not being a professing Christian.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2210316/From-ardent-abolitionist-slavery-mistress-How-northern-Civil-War-era-woman-went-fighting-oppression-marrying-plantation-owner.html#ixzz27vNtjupn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    didn't read but i expected a pic of kat.
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Nah, since she went Black, she's never going back.
  • BoldChild
    BoldChild Members Posts: 11,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? are easily influenced by their partners.
  • Matt-
    Matt- Members Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its not surprising to change your view of black people once you actually spend time with them. ? was like 'freedom aint free...but your labor is. ahaha ? niggabitch come eat my ? !!!!"
  • Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    what i got from it was....she was against it when she was single cuz she knew it was wrong but, when she married that guy and became an owner...her inner greed took over. Probly wanted them to thank her every 5 min for allowing them to serve her. Wonder what she ment by ‘treated with more familiarity than many Northern servants.’ were they allowed to look at her or something? And some slave owners treated their slaves better then others, so maybe they were some of the lucky ones and this ? is just extra stupid
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im still tryint o figure out why some black trip all over themselves to get white ? to like em.

Bear with my titangraph, it has a point.

What the ? is special about these euro ? that makes a relationship or friendship with them
    desirable?

In every relationship Ive seen between black and european it is the european that benefits more. Even my past relationships it was to their benefit and not my own, actually to my ? detriment.

I hope every single european reveals that deep down racism and lets that ? flourish and bud into a publicly displayed flower.

? this black folks get along with everybody. ? that ? . You know why because we do not operate from a place of equal footing. You wanna know how I know that ? . What language do you speak mufucka? English.
    What's generally the countries of origin of your last name? England, France, Spain, German, or Saudi Arabia.

Think about that ? , and then think about how much respect would you have for a ? if YOU whooped his ass, beat the dog ? out of him, and then when he has opportunities to get away from you he's chillin the living room, take up residence on that ? 's couch, name your kid after him, change his last name to your last name. He helps you shore up your infrastructure, your house, for pennies, and then when someone else wants to beef with you this ? is the first one to step up and fight for you.
    This ? looks at you expecting an equal partnership, but you know deep down in your heart, even though you've gotten comfortable with his presence, you're not equals, theirs no mutual respect, theres no place of mutual vantage. Everybody else in the hood knows what happened, hell even the police know what happened, and ? just waitin for him to snap, but he never does, and although at first you were kinda weary that he would, you no longer fear any reprisal. Whole neighborhood looks at this ? like a ? joke, the whole block clowns this ? and even take to abusin him themselves.

You don't respect this ? . Maybe at some point after the fact you felt some type of pity but now its just what? disgust right. THis ? dont even sleep on the couch no more he sleep on the floor. ? it he'lll sleep where ever you give him permission to sleep. YOu come to revile and hate a man like that.

So tell me if you feel this way about some ? , How can you expect white folks to respect or see Black folks as any type of equal?

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my black friend benefits more by being my friend, cause when he gets ? at the parties I take him to, there is better stuff for him to steal than than the parties he would go to otherwise.
  • 2nd chances
    2nd chances Members Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Amotekun wrote: »
    Im still tryint o figure out why some black trip all over themselves to get white ? to like em.

Bear with my titangraph, it has a point.

What the ? is special about these euro ? that makes a relationship or friendship with them
    desirable?

In every relationship Ive seen between black and european it is the european that benefits more. Even my past relationships it was to their benefit and not my own, actually to my ? detriment.

I hope every single european reveals that deep down racism and lets that ? flourish and bud into a publicly displayed flower.

? this black folks get along with everybody. ? that ? . You know why because we do not operate from a place of equal footing. You wanna know how I know that ? . What language do you speak mufucka? English.
    What's generally the countries of origin of your last name? England, France, Spain, German, or Saudi Arabia.

Think about that ? , and then think about how much respect would you have for a ? if YOU whooped his ass, beat the dog ? out of him, and then when he has opportunities to get away from you he's chillin the living room, take up residence on that ? 's couch, name your kid after him, change his last name to your last name. He helps you shore up your infrastructure, your house, for pennies, and then when someone else wants to beef with you this ? is the first one to step up and fight for you.
    This ? looks at you expecting an equal partnership, but you know deep down in your heart, even though you've gotten comfortable with his presence, you're not equals, theirs no mutual respect, theres no place of mutual vantage. Everybody else in the hood knows what happened, hell even the police know what happened, and ? just waitin for him to snap, but he never does, and although at first you were kinda weary that he would, you no longer fear any reprisal. Whole neighborhood looks at this ? like a ? joke, the whole block clowns this ? and even take to abusin him themselves.

You don't respect this ? . Maybe at some point after the fact you felt some type of pity but now its just what? disgust right. THis ? dont even sleep on the couch no more he sleep on the floor. ? it he'lll sleep where ever you give him permission to sleep. YOu come to revile and hate a man like that.

So tell me if you feel this way about some ? , How can you expect white folks to respect or see Black folks as any type of equal?

jaguars-fan-gif.gif
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Will Munny wrote: »
    my black friend benefits more by being my friend, cause when he gets ? at the parties I take him to, there is better stuff for him to steal than than the parties he would go to otherwise.

Damn even Will has a token black friend lol
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    N/h but i wanna see covets behavior in a ghetto gaggers scene
  • Will Munny
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »

Damn even Will has a token black friend lol

naw man, i have several. they actually my friends.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    my one homie is a felon though cause of the theft ring he had organized.
  • i fit
    i fit Members Posts: 920
    Options

He gets to steal nicer things and you munch and play with his ass after he passes out ? .

Is that really a beneficial come up for him?
  • DMTxTHC
    DMTxTHC Members Posts: 14,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *googles bsdm*
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol I thought this was something recent but the 1800's? What a dumb ? . After seeing the date it want worth reading all of it.
  • Will Munny
    Options
    i fit wrote: »

He gets to steal nicer things and you munch and play with his ass after he passes out ? .

man only a ? would think up some ? like that.
  • i fit
    Options

Nah it's that I know and hang out with a lot of white people.
  • Bussy_Getta
    Bussy_Getta Members Posts: 37,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So you've experienced this first hand...
  • i fit
    Options

So you've experienced this first hand...

I've seen it and ran. I've had them try and make me part of the "group" and do it. Those situations led to me using my black genes to run down 26 flights of stairs lightning fast to get a taxi home and change my number.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I recently picked a new primary care doctor. After two visits and exhaustive Lab tests, he said I was doing 'fairly well' for my age. (I just turned sixty-five). A little concerned about that comment, I couldn't resist asking him, 'Do you think I'll live to be 80?' He asked, 'Do you smoke tobacco, or drink beer, wine or hard liquor? 'Oh no,' I replied. 'I'm not doing drugs, either!' Then he asked, 'Do you eat rib-eye steaks and barbecued Ribs?' I said, 'Not much... my former doctor said that all red meat is very unhealthy!' 'Do you spend a lot of time in the sun, like playing golf, boating, sailing, hiking, or bicycling?' 'No, I don't,' I said. He asked, 'Do you gamble, drive fast cars, or have a lots of
    sex?' 'No,' I said...He looked at me and said... 'Then, why do you even give a ? ?'
  • Will Munny
    Options

Well apparently the faggotry has rubbed off...