Am I an 'insensitive bastard' ladies?

Options
2»

Comments

• Sour-Cream
    Sour-Cream Members Posts: 6,474 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    She's gonna chat on you once you leave, just break it off til you get back and look for other hoes b.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Stopitfive wrote: »
    I swear some men will have the most loyal female committed to make things work no matter what...and then be so quick to throw that away. Then later down the road be the first muhfugga to say "hoes ain't ? ", "ain't no good women", "gotta stay HOH" when you can't find anyone nearly as good as what you had. Wack.

? ...
    "loyal female" is a myth created by radical feminists...

cosign, that's ? , all women cheat if put around the right ? .
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Men are smarter and more loyal than women. Not going off my experiences. I've ? a lot of fiances ma.
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    Women love money, men love women. Men make money to lure women, hence the reason why women cannot be faithful.

Let's go back to Adam and Eve. Eve ate the apple before Adam but Eve cheated on ? with Satan and fell into temptation thus proving that we cannot trust y'all ? .
  • Sour-Cream
    Options
    I'm smarter, taller and bigger than you. Respect my authority or get knocked the ? out ma.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @dallas'4evea eh, I should have mentioned this aspect of the job earlier.

Your story's all too common. I'm sure you've met or will meet other truckers that have gone through the same ? . Now if she was complaining and constantly unsatisfied then yeah, breaking it off might be best. But at least your woman is willing to stay down with you for this period. You'll meet many others with horror stories of failed relationships along the road.

It's unlikely that your situation is going to get better anytime soon far as home time is concerned. At least until you get 6 to 24 months under your belt. Most good paying, local, companies want 2 years experience at least. So what you got? 2 weeks for two days? Home every weekend? I'm guessing your on the road no less that 5 days out the week?

They pulling that "no bob tailing home" ? on you? That can ? with your home time as well, cause then you gotta wait for a load going near your house. Then you gotta squeeze everything into them two or three days before having to go back. You might not have time for everybody every time your off. But that's the job.

Despite what you've told already, you wasn't insensitive. Trust me, cause I was. Get with it or get gone was my motto. You however took her happiness into full consideration and made a tough decision you felt would spare her some pain. That was some thoughtful ? , ? . At least you tried. And if she's willing to tough it out after all, spend all damn day in that cab with you for a few days. Understand what all goes into it. Shiiiiiit, y'all might make it.

• dallas' 4 eva
    dallas' 4 eva Members Posts: 11,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thank you, at least you understand how it is out here. She's coming on the road with me on Thursday; I'm at home which is why I haven't been on here.

How much OTR you got, I had my CDL since I was 21 I used to co-drive with my uncle for 9 months back in 2010, then stopped to go back to school, but back in late May decided to go back and get my own tractor and make some cash which I have been doing.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A lot of OTR. Between 2000 miles on average and 5000 miles on a good week. The company did 48 states, rough guess, I did at least 40. Did it for 7 months. Got my ? in 2010 as well, but got tired of it eventually.

But what you're going through is normal. What the females fail to understand is that we feel the same way. But at least she's at home with friends and family. You ain't got those luxuries and basics on the road. Something you really don't learn till once you out there on your own.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Yeah I could come home and drive locally, but it would be a big paycut. She don't realize that, I'm out there alone for days weeks hell months at a time, I'm not complaining I chose this life, but it can't be nowhere near as hard on her as it is on me.
  • bull6599
    bull6599 Members Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get ur paper & keep grinding bruh. The same woman that tells u that u work too much & don't spend enough time w/ her @ 25 will call u lazy & tell u that u don't make enough @ 35. She'll come around if she really wanna be w/ u.
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    bull6599 wrote: »
    Get ur paper & keep grinding bruh. The same woman that tells u that u work too much & don't spend enough time w/ her @ 25 will call u lazy & tell u that u don't make enough @ 35. She'll come around if she really wanna be w/ u.

Well she's on the road with me now, why I haven't been on here that much. For real though I was 23 feeling like a 45 year old married man over this. I think she's finally starting to see what I go through out here though so ai think this was a good thing to bring her.
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    Options
    My hubby is a driver and he can be gone for up to 4 or so days at a time. Some days he's home every night, some trips he's gone 2 days to Arizona, Utah, Nevada, etc. Longer trips to Colorado. And I hate it. The local home every night work doesn't pay as much as regional runs so he takes out of town before he'll take local. But I wish he could be home consistently every night. The good thing about it is it gives us a chance to miss each other and keep the spice and romance in the relationship. But it still sucks. I couldn't imagine him being a true OTR driver gone for 3-4 weeks at a time. I'd just die. I feel for your s/o. But she cares enough about you to want to stay in spite of your long absences, so why split up?
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    My hubby is a driver and he can be gone for up to 4 or so days at a time. Some days he's home every night, some trips he's gone 2 days to Arizona, Utah, Nevada, etc. Longer trips to Colorado. And I hate it. The local home every night work doesn't pay as much as regional runs so he takes out of town before he'll take local. But I wish he could be home consistently every night. The good thing about it is it gives us a chance to miss each other and keep the spice and romance in the relationship. But it still sucks. I couldn't imagine him being a true OTR driver gone for 3-4 weeks at a time. I'd just die. I feel for your s/o. But she cares enough about you to want to stay in spite of your long absences, so why split up?

We decided not to, she's on the truck with me right now. She came on the road with me and she now understands what all I go through out here. Plus we been ? like jackrabbits on MIOs every night since she been with me so that's a plus.

Like I said I honestly just felt like I wasn't making her happy being gone all the time and just thought she deserved somebody who was there for her, but she changed my mind about it. Local jobs out there must not pay that much, I'm being considered for a local run from Dallas to somewhere in either Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana, or Texas everyday that pays $1250 a week. Where you stay at?
  • Iheart~Cali
    Iheart~Cali Members Posts: 5,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm in So Cal. By local I mean just running within a 100 mile radius each day and coming home each night. So those kinds of jobs out here pay hourly anywhere between $15-$20/ hr I'd say. So it's not enough. He'll do it occasionally but that's about it. The regional runs take him from California to Az, Ut, Nv, occasionally Colorado. And he gets paid a percentage of the load, so no CPM. Good money, just sucks that he can't be home every night.

Glad you guys decided to work it out though!
  • dallas' 4 eva
    Options
    Yeah out here local jobs pay well, Cali sucks to be a trucker real talk that's why they don't get paid that much, y'alls laws for driving are ? .