Who Is Your Most Underrated and Overrated Wrestler Ever from Any Company

Options
2»

Comments

• Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahmed Johnson? You mean Ahmed "Stiff as a ? " Johnson who when he wasn't stiffing people, was injured?
  • Cigarello Slim
    Cigarello Slim Members Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ahmed Johnson? You mean Ahmed "Stiff as a ? " Johnson who when he wasn't stiffing people, was injured?

Lol maybe my childhood memories of him Pearl River Plungin' the ? outta ? when he was healthy has clouded my judgement.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Marble mouth johnson pause son always hurt ? in every match he was in
  • SocialAssassinRati
    SocialAssassinRati Members Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    overrated:Stone Cold, Cena, Lex ? Luger, them ? Road Dogg and Billy Gunn, Bill Goldberg, Scott Steiner in singles, Ultimate Warrior, WWE Rey Meysterio...idk y he just seems overrated to me, Kevin Nash, my favorite wrestler on the mic Nature Boy Ric Flair, Hulk Hogan,

underrated: Val Venis, Bret ? Hart, Ultimo Dragon,Bam Bam Bigalow, Shelton Benjamin, JYD, Ravishing Rick Rude, my favorite wrestler in the ring RICKY THE ? DRAGON STEAMBOAT

I can do this ? all damn day...
  • Cymicaldane
    Options
    I dont think steamboat is that underrated to be fair.
  • SocialAssassinRati
    Options
    I dont think steamboat is that underrated to be fair.

1 HW title...despite being easily top 20 of all time...and possibly top 10?
  • Cymicaldane
    Options
    He is without a doubt the best babyface ever. And i liked him more as a contender than as a champ anyway. Also he did a lot of tag teams
  • SocialAssassinRati
    Options
    He is without a doubt the best babyface ever. And i liked him more as a contender than as a champ anyway. Also he did a lot of tag teams

yeah I guess so...not too much depth to the character idk...I just feel like as great as he was ? shouldve had more than 1 HW title run...

I mean you ask wrestlers about The Dragon all those cats will say ? is argubly the GOAT, Media and fans say the same thing...dude got runs but never really any real top notch singles gold.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    I feel like WWE fans really underrate AJ Styles.

DDP is the most underrated WCW legend, but Meng was the other most underrated talent that nobody ever brings up.

Brian Pillman is the most underrated legend we lost early.

5 years b4 his death I woulda said Texas Tornado.

Jason Jett aka EZ Money aka Jason Broyles (this guy taught himself how to wrestle)/Kid Kash or the most underrated ECW guys imo.

Mike Modest is the most underrated independent talent i have ever seen.

Muhammed Hassan was the most underrated heel talent, shine wise.

Batistas's improvement from first entering the WWE in 2002 - 2010 his 'retirement' is vastly underrated, both in the ring and on the mic. Dude coulda been a certified top 30 easily if he kept going at it and working on it from what i've seen.

? Foley was the most underrated star of the Attitude era. he's always forgotten unless you see him on TV. His impact was just as big as the Rock and HHH...

Early WWF/WCW Sid and Lex Luger from 89- 97 were top 25 guys ever, and get alot of hate when they slowed down and got old, especially Luger. Great talent in their primes.

Macho man had the most underrated work ethic of all time. He was literally Mr. Wrestlemania b4 HBK took on that pseudonym/signature.

Vampiro was the most underrated multi-culural sensation/phenom persona wise, ever due toe the fact he was more popular in Canada and mexico than he ever was in the US. he sorta had bad timing by the time he made it in WCW.
    Think Warrior meets Taker...

Saturn was the most underrated in-ring talent in WCW, and Owen was that in WWF. EVER.

Juventud Guerrera is the most underrated WCW cruiser, dude was nearly as good as Rey, but nobody could be Rey at the time anyhow. if Rey was Jordan, Juventud was Pippen I guess.

Cena is overrated by his peers. Overrated even more by his fanbase. he might be overall the most overrated.. oh wait..

Ric Flair, in-ring wise, was the most overrated wrestler i have ever seen, but people cant seem to separate the ring work from the persona and mic skills, especially if you're from the 80s.

Triple H is the most underrated and overrated at the same time . He was never a star like The Rock, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, or Hogan personality wise, but I'll rather watch a prime Triple H match over 99% of guys you and I would put ahead of him "star-wise". Plus when done right (meaning fresh and not done to death), Trips was a GREAT heel.

Thank you for letting me vent.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I agree with everything kinggivbiz
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ric Flair overrated word ? I think he did pretty good for dude that had an almost career ending injury and had to change his whole wrestling style.

In 1974, Flair left the AWA for Jim Crockett's Mid-Atlantic region in the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA);[12] and he soon captured his first singles title when, on February 8, 1975, he beat Paul Jones for the Mid-Atlantic TV Championship. On October 4, 1975, however, flair's career nearly ended when he was in a serious plane crash in Wilmington, North Carolina that took the life of the pilot and paralyzed Johnny Valentine (also on board were "Mr. Wrestling I" Tim Woods, Bob Bruggers, and promoter David Crockett).[13] Flair broke his back in three places and, at age 26, was told by doctors that he would never wrestle again.[13] Flair conducted a rigorous physical therapy schedule, however, and he returned to the ring just six months later, where he resumed his feud with Wahoo McDaniel in February 1976.[13] The crash did force Flair to change his wrestling technique away from the power brawling style he had used early on, which led him to adopt the "Nature Boy" style he would use throughout his career.
  • Cymicaldane
    Options

yeah I guess so...not too much depth to the character idk...I just feel like as great as he was ? shouldve had more than 1 HW title run...

I mean you ask wrestlers about The Dragon all those cats will say ? is argubly the GOAT, Media and fans say the same thing...dude got runs but never really any real top notch singles gold.

Reminds me a bit of "he who cannot be named by the WWE"s run with the strap. His biggest drawback (Wolverine, not Dragon) was that while he could wrestle a broom and have a dramatic match, but his charisma were m.i.a.

Dragon is a bit of a No gimmick needed kinda guy. Somebody who just wrestles and does the best he can.

Now KING GB... Respect

True about Styles. But WWE at the time when Styles came out, didn't care for highflying smaller guys

idk about Page, he was in cahoots with Bischoff, which is well documented. But he was solid if anything.

Meng always was a hardworking ? . Back in the day there was a story that he changed a flat tire using only his hands.

Truth! bout Pillman. Great charisma, and even though he was never going to be a big draw, he could always be used. He didn't look that good after his accident though

Spot on with Von Erich. But i do want to say that he should have left the nest earlier in his career

Right on both accounts. EZ, for those who dont know, now makes tights and stuff for wrestlers. Only drawback for Kash is that he was a bit of a ? in his first TNA run.

For those who have seen beyond the mat: Mike Modest is way better than Tony Jones. Modest is/was very good

Talk about a missed boat. (and not the best of all time). WWE really blew it with Hassan

If Batistas age werent that advanced when he called time, i would go with it.

Foley made HHH look like the baddest ? on the planet, during their HIAC match, i almost forgot who HHH was banging. So YES!

Luger, yes. He was a sure fire talent, until he realized that he could get by on a minimum. Sid, naah. I have to disagree on that one. But he was never going anywhere in WCW after the whole scissor story. I remember some old Luger match where he made the fastest exit from a cage ever. His opponent, Bruiser Brody

WOOOOOOOOORD!. Savage truly was a total package. Great talent.

Im no juggalo, but i cannot ? on Vampiro. He could have been even bigger if politics (konnan) had'nt got in his way

I loved Saturn, Owen too, i still get misty eyed whenever i see the memorial. Some people call Jarrett a ? But that ? was real

Juvi was good. But his attitude and behaviour always meant that caution had to be taken. Konnan werent that high on him either

Dont get me started on Cena

In total. Great read, and good picks. 1 up for that
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    hey I try.. to be honest tho Cena can wrestle a match tho. i think us who hate him have to realzie dude can wrestle in PPVs but to me all hsi raw matches minus his one hour iron match match vs HBk are all the same . So i refuse to giv
    Ric Flair overrated word ? I think he did pretty good for dude that had an almost career ending injury and had to change his whole wrestling style.

In 1974, Flair left the AWA for Jim Crockett's Mid-Atlantic region in the National Wrestling Alliance (NWA);[12] and he soon captured his first singles title when, on February 8, 1975, he beat Paul Jones for the Mid-Atlantic TV Championship. On October 4, 1975, however, flair's career nearly ended when he was in a serious plane crash in Wilmington, North Carolina that took the life of the pilot and paralyzed Johnny Valentine (also on board were "Mr. Wrestling I" Tim Woods, Bob Bruggers, and promoter David Crockett).[13] Flair broke his back in three places and, at age 26, was told by doctors that he would never wrestle again.[13] Flair conducted a rigorous physical therapy schedule, however, and he returned to the ring just six months later, where he resumed his feud with Wahoo McDaniel in February 1976.[13] The crash did force Flair to change his wrestling technique away from the power brawling style he had used early on, which led him to adopt the "Nature Boy" style he would use throughout his career.

Name a great match Ric Flair wasnt carried by the other wrestler. I'll wait. Thats all I'm saying. I'm a guy that followed WCW religiously in the early 90s. I admit i missed most of his 80s ? . But i'm judging him strictly from 90 to now. the only good match he carried was against jeff jarrett in 2000 when he won the WCW belt for the last time and nobody cares or remembers that cuz itw as WCW 2000.

Everything else you remember Steamboat carrying him. you remember Taker, & HBK carrying him.. even in TNA it was cause ? Foley was carrying him.. matches vs Sting was due to Sting being a freak of nature in his early years in WCW not due to anything great flair did.. in fact i remember that one match when Flair played some masked wrestler vs Sting but non one knew it was Flair until the end of the match.. worse match in wcw i ever seen.. ive done my history man.. Flair's ring psychology was always a bit better in WWF for some reason.. not sure why.. but nobody is talking about Flair vs piper even.. Flair vs vader or Hogan.. I dont need to copy n paste ? from wiki or whatever to make my point. i'm just a real honest fan. But at the end of the day no one needs to agree .. its all opinion.
  • Cymicaldane
    Options
    One thing Flair could do. Was blowing people up. Or at least thats what Jim Cornette says.
  • dandctt
    dandctt Members Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    hey I try.. to be honest tho Cena can wrestle a match tho. i think us who hate him have to realzie dude can wrestle in PPVs but to me all hsi raw matches minus his one hour iron match match vs HBk are all the same . So i refuse to giv

Name a great match Ric Flair wasnt carried by the other wrestler. I'll wait. Thats all I'm saying. I'm a guy that followed WCW religiously in the early 90s. I admit i missed most of his 80s ? . But i'm judging him strictly from 90 to now. the only good match he carried was against jeff jarrett in 2000 when he won the WCW belt for the last time and nobody cares or remembers that cuz itw as WCW 2000.

Everything else you remember Steamboat carrying him. you remember Taker, & HBK carrying him.. even in TNA it was cause ? Foley was carrying him.. matches vs Sting was due to Sting being a freak of nature in his early years in WCW not due to anything great flair did.. in fact i remember that one match when Flair played some masked wrestler vs Sting but non one knew it was Flair until the end of the match.. worse match in wcw i ever seen.. ive done my history man.. Flair's ring psychology was always a bit better in WWF for some reason.. not sure why.. but nobody is talking about Flair vs piper even.. Flair vs vader or Hogan.. I dont need to copy n paste ? from wiki or whatever to make my point. i'm just a real honest fan. But at the end of the day no one needs to agree .. its all opinion.
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

Watch Flair's match with Vader @ Starrcade 93
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember seein styles and ez money as they started out in nwa/ncw wildside, ez money had a few cool moves, but i knew aj would be a legend eventually

and gotta c/s juventud, matter fact i think i said that in my first post in the thread, juvi>>>rey imo
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    wont say batista overrated, but cant c/s him being underrated at all