Comments

• A1000MILES
    A1000MILES Members, Writer Posts: 13,287 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I like this...
  • RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How does this chick get a pass? she can't sing!
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited September 2012
    Options
    Shorty been droppin back to back hits for 3 yrs str8 with no break, nothin new here..
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Shorty been droppin back to back hits for 3 yrs str8 with no break, nothin new here..

Rihanna's career has been one long ass single since 2005...no break, no difference really between her music from 2005 til now
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Nah, her early ? like pon da replay and sos, wasnt hits and doesnt sound like da ? she´s droppin now. After dat ass whooping, she´s been droppin heat. Cant even front on shorty..
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »

Rihanna's career has been one long ass single since 2005...no break, no difference really between her music from 2005 til now

she stays directly in her lane. we all know she can't sing and so does she. so she keeps cranking out this pop type records where you don't have to ever really use your voice. Smart my daughter gonna love this ? pop ? , but this type of music just isn't for me
  • TheLaureate
    TheLaureate Members Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Options
    More fire from Rihanna. She's unstoppable. She's one of the few Pop/RnB artists who can actually sing and doesn't lip sync live and still sounds good.

The fools only say she can't sing cause she doesn't do high pitch Mariah Carey screams. Sure, she probably can't hit a note that high, but she knows her range and uses it in the best way possible pushing it to the max. She also has a very unique and appealing voice that people love to hear.

She knows rhythm and melody and knows what sounds good, thats why every single song she puts out sounds great and very ear-catching.
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    dixinormus wrote: »
    How does this chick get a pass? she can't sing!

Melodyne
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn this ? kinda fire. it reminds me of some mid 90's pop records. This ? will get heavy play at top 40, obviously. Its a nice switch from all of the dance music on the air
  • blackrain
    Options
    Nah, her early ? like pon da replay and sos, wasnt hits and doesnt sound like da ? she´s droppin now. After dat ass whooping, she´s been droppin heat. Cant even front on shorty..

She had a #2 hit with Pon De Replay and Unfaithful off her 2nd album went to #1...she's had hits since she first came out
  • blackrain
    Options
    More fire from Rihanna. She's unstoppable. She's one of the few Pop/RnB artists who can actually sing and doesn't lip sync live and still sounds good.

The fools only say she can't sing cause she doesn't do high pitch Mariah Carey screams. Sure, she probably can't hit a note that high, but she knows her range and uses it in the best way possible pushing it to the max. She also has a very unique and appealing voice that people love to hear.

She knows rhythm and melody and knows what sounds good, thats why every single song she puts out sounds great and very ear-catching.

No, she just can't sing that good...notice she's only ever released 1 ballad in her career...it went to #1 more because it was just a good ass song Ne-Yo wrote, but it's never been done again because she can't sing that well
  • TheLaureate
    Options
    No, she just can't sing that good...notice she's only ever released 1 ballad in her career...it went to #1 more because it was just a good ass song Ne-Yo wrote, but it's never been done again because she can't sing that well

You are false. You make the claim that she can't sing good, but you fail to back it up with any convincing evidence or reasons.

You also admit that she did a ballad, it was #1, and it was "a good ass song." One song is all it takes to prove she can sing good and display the full range of her abilities.

However, her consistent hits that consist of her singing well and being received well is enough convincing evidence to demonstrate the fact that she can in fact sing good.
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Rihanna and Bey take ? turns running this ?
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rihanna is one of the dopest artist out because she stays consistant and always re-inventing herself. She came a long way from "Pon De Replay" hell she came a long way from "Umbrella". She has tackled plenty of genres with ease in my eyes. Say she cant sing all u want but it takes talent to demand this much attention and be that successful.

Dancehall/Reggae
    "Pon De Replay"
    "Rude Boy"
    "Man Down"
    "Whats Your Name"

R&B
    "Take A Bow"
    "Rehab"
    "Hate That I Love You"
    "Skin"

Pop
    "? "
    "Cheers"

Pop Ballads
    "Unfaithful"
    "California King Bed"
    "Te Amo"
    "Russian Rullet"

Dance/Electronica
    "Only Girl In The World"
    "Where Have You Been"
    "Disturbia"
    "We Found Love"
    "SOS"

Punk-Rock
    "Rockstar 101"
    "Breaking Dishes"
    "Shut Up and Drive"

Hip Hop
    "Hard"
    "Umbrella"
    "Cocki-ness"
    "Talk That Talk"

• blackrain
    edited September 2012
    Options
    All those "hits"...and not one memorable song outside of Umbrella...there's a reason she drops an album like every 8 or 9 months...? 's not memorable...I didn't say she wasn't talented...I said she's not a good singer...which she really isn't...listen to any performance of her live...hell she butchered the very first note of her MTV VMA performance and her voice is always cracking whenever she tries to hit a high note
  • TheLaureate
    Options
    All those "hits"...and not one memorable song outside of Umbrella...there's a reason she drops an album like every 8 or 9 months...? 's not memorable...I didn't say she wasn't talented...I said she's not a good singer...which she really isn't...listen to any performance of her live...hell she butchered the very first note of her MTV VMA performance and her voice is always cracking whenever she tries to hit a high note

I've watched many of her live performances on Youtube, she does great everytime. Especially her Hackney London performance where she sang for one and a half hours straight and didn't miss a note.

I have already effectively refuted any notion that she can't sing. None of you have real proof that she can't sing. The overwhelming majority of evidence suggests that she can sing.

She has many memorable songs, evidenced by the fact that people still remember Disturbia, S & M, S.O.S., What's My Name, etc.
  • blackrain
    Options

I've watched many of her live performances on Youtube, she does great everytime. Especially her Hackney London performance where she sang for one and a half hours straight and didn't miss a note.

I have already effectively refuted any notion that she can't sing. None of you have real proof that she can't sing. The overwhelming majority of evidence suggests that she can sing.

She has many memorable songs, evidenced by the fact that people still remember Disturbia, S & M, S.O.S., What's My Name, etc.

You didnt refute anything, you're just a fan who doesn't like a different opinion...her voice isn't good, her songs are n't that good nor memorable and her singing talent will never be up there with those who are actually known for their voices and not getting curb stomped by their ex...
  • boat1580
    boat1580 Members Posts: 200
    Options

You are false. You make the claim that she can't sing good, but you fail to back it up with any convincing evidence or reasons.

You also admit that she did a ballad, it was #1, and it was "a good ass song." One song is all it takes to prove she can sing good and display the full range of her abilities.

However, her consistent hits that consist of her singing well and being received well is enough convincing evidence to demonstrate the fact that she can in fact sing good.

but that is blackrain's opinion and he/she is entitled to it and there's nothing wrong with that. we all have different ears, if someone says that rihanna cannot sing why do they need EVIDENCE? that is what his/her ears hear. they can bring a clip of her singing "badly" and you will never agree so what's the point? you just agree to disagree, that's all.