Punk/fan incident, Police report filed.

Options
VIBE
VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in Off The Turn Buckle
The incident with WWE Champion CM Punk striking a fan at last night's RAW in Sacramento, California has been picked up by mainstream media outlets this morning. People in WWE expect it to be a major story over the next week or so.
The fan who was seen in the video being hit by Punk spoke with CBS 13 reporter Laura Cole, who was in attendance for RAW last night. Cole approached the man for comments. He told her he never hit Punk. The fan says his face was "a little warm" after the assault and says Punk broke his glasses. Police walked up as Cole was interviewing the fan and asked to speak with him. Cole added that the man was filing a police report against Punk.

Since last night, it has been made clear that Punk struck the wrong fan. Here are more videos of the incident that shows what happened:

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/556998/cm-punk/#ixzz28paNJfaY
- Laura Cole, a reporter for CBS Sacramento who attended Monday's Raw at the Power Balance Pavilion, is covering CM Punk's altercation with Matthew Ignatieff, an attendee at the show. She noted on Twitter that she is trying out to find out whether he will press charges against Punk after being attacked by the WWE Superstar.

"Just talked to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving a fan and @CMPUNK. The Department says they took a report about the alleged incident involving @CMPunk," Cole wrote. "They say the fan complained of knee pain. The Department says they will look at the alleged incident to determine whether to forward the findings to the District Attorney's Office. I only had a few minutes with the fan involved with the alleged incident before Deputies needed to speak with him for a second time. As of last night, that fan DID NOT say whether he would consider filing charges. I didn't get the chance to ask him that question."

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/557006/cm-punk/#ixzz28pax8XzO

Bet they'll offer him merchandise rather than charges being filed. Knee pain? WTF LOL

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dude got hit in the face but he complaining about his knee.

I would fake a concussion, blurred vision and any other head trauma i could think of
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    ? said knee pian... smh

no one can measure headache.....or blurred vision................only cure is 20,000 minimum
  • VIBE
    Options
    Statement by WWE:

WWE issued the following statement to TMZ regarding last night's incident on RAW where CM Punk struck a fan in the audience.
    "WWE security was unfortunately not in the appropriate place at the time. Given CM Punk's persona as a 'bad guy' fans were naturally heckling him, but unfortunately a few fans began shoving him and one struck him in the kidney and on the back.

"WWE regrets that proper security measures were not in place, and CM Punk apologizes for reacting in the heat of the moment."

As noted earlier, Laura Cole of CBS Sacramento said that the fan released a statement to the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department and complained of knee pain. It is unknown whether the fan will file charges over the incident.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/557008/cm-punk/#ixzz28pwcofxH
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Man ill cake the ? of this be on some i cant go sleep (pun intended) cause of the headaches bright lights bother me.

20,000 minimum
    Aj and/or Layla could do (Steph and we can act like it never happened)

if not Im bringing it to a nation wide media ? up Linda's campaign
  • VIBE
    Options
    The WWE fan who provoked CM Punk into striking an innocent fan twice in the face at Monday's Raw in Sacramento, California, boasted about his actions on Twitter.

The fan, who lists himself as Dario Teyes, responded to a person who said he saw him on Raw and wondered whether he saw the fan who got punched.

"bro I'm the one that was f***ing with him lmao them he rocked an innocent fan. that guy is about to be a millionaire!!!" he wrote. "I punched [Punk's] kidney and slapped his back hella hard. bro [Punk] straight pounced on a poor day white guy. I hit him ran away then ran back and stood next to him cause I saw the camera."

Teyes was asked why no one singled him out to security, writing, "cause I dipped fast! Come on now poor fat guy is just hanging out putting his glasses on."

When Teyes was told he was going to be caught, he responded, "no one ever has and no one ever will."

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/557011/cm-punk/#ixzz28q19AJTa
  • VIBE
    Options
    - To promote WWE '13, THQ held a press event at Skylight West Studios in Manhattan to announce new details about the upcoming video game. On hand for the event were Raw General Manager AJ Lee, ? Foley and Paul Heyman. The official WWE website has published an article on the event.
    Cory Ledesma of THQ revealed that Heyman was greatly involved with the production of the game.

"We went to Paul Heyman to provide some creative direction on the storylines that are taking place in the Universe mode experience," Ledesma told WWE.com. "We relied on Heyman heavily. It's almost like he executive produced the Universe mode." Heyman's involvement as the writer of the Attitude Era campaign suited the creative force behind ECW well. "I have a certain kinship with fans of that era," Heyman said, "So I got a chance to relive the Attitude Era and update it into the Universe mode for this game."

- The fan who was struck twice in the face by CM Punk during Monday's live Raw television broadcast addressed the ordeal in a brief video interview.

He said he felt Punk's tape go across his face. When asked if he was upset with Punk, he said "a little bit" since it doesn't seem like something a person should do. He then said he now knows how NBA fans felt when Ron Artest went after them years ago during a game.

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/557012/paul-heyman/#ixzz28qJdshJB
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    WE WILL NOT BE SEING WRESTLERS IN THE CROWD FOR A WHILE
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    The WWE fan who provoked CM Punk into striking an innocent fan twice in the face at Monday's Raw in Sacramento, California, boasted about his actions on Twitter.

The fan, who lists himself as Dario Teyes, responded to a person who said he saw him on Raw and wondered whether he saw the fan who got punched.

"bro I'm the one that was f***ing with him lmao them he rocked an innocent fan. that guy is about to be a millionaire!!!" he wrote. "I punched [Punk's] kidney and slapped his back hella hard. bro [Punk] straight pounced on a poor day white guy. I hit him ran away then ran back and stood next to him cause I saw the camera."

Teyes was asked why no one singled him out to security, writing, "cause I dipped fast! Come on now poor fat guy is just hanging out putting his glasses on."

When Teyes was told he was going to be caught, he responded, "no one ever has and no one ever will."

Read more: http://www.WrestlingInc.com/wi/news/2012/1009/557011/cm-punk/#ixzz28q19AJTa

self-snitching at its finest
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    WWE.com posted the following comments from CM Punk regarding the fan incident on Monday's RAW:

“I think the whole situation sucks,” Punk told WWE.com. “It’s an unfortunate and isolated incident. I was up in the stands, surrounded.”

“Somebody said, ‘let’s push him down the stairs,’” Punk explained. “I got hit in the ribs three times. I was getting shoved and I was getting punched…Then I started getting tagged in the back of the head. Unfortunately, I lashed out in the heat of the moment and I apologize. I’m really just glad nobody was hurt."
  • VIBE
    Options
    These grown ass men take the characters too seriously.
  • KillaCham
    KillaCham Members, Moderators Posts: 11,417 Regulator
    Options
    SMH WWE better consider themselves lucky that dude didn't retaliate. It couldn't started a full-out brawl. I'ma start a riot ima start a riot.
  • ATTS
    Options
    KillaCham wrote: »
    SMH WWE better consider themselves lucky that dude didn't retaliate. It couldn't started a full-out brawl. I'ma start a riot ima start a riot.

Would have been cool to see ron artest part 2
  • ATTS
    Options
    VIBE wrote: »
    These grown ass men take the characters too seriously.

Lol...
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    NoDQ.com > WWE > Big update on the CM Punk/fan incident
    Posted by Aaron Rift on 10/09/2012 at 08:59 PM

CBS 13 reporter Laura Cole posted the following update on the CM Punk/fan incident via Twitter:

"Just got an update from the Sacramento County Sheriff's Department about the alleged incident involving @CMPunk. The Sheriff's Department says at this point the Fan does not want to proceed any further and there is no evidence that a crime occurred. The Sheriff's Department also says the video is not part of the investigation because there is no investigation."
  • rabbitfood
    rabbitfood Members Posts: 486 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No way in hell I'm gonna let somebody smack me in my face on national tv and just let it slide.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ATTS wrote: »
    KillaCham wrote: »

Would have been cool to see ron artest part 2

yea. ? woulda been a fun watch.

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rabbitfood wrote: »
    No way in hell I'm gonna let somebody smack me in my face on national tv and just let it slide.

Im pretty sure he go sue he just not giving Punk a criminal record
  • TonyDubbz
    TonyDubbz Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 19,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They probably offered his ass free tickets to Wrestlemani& some CM Punk knee pads
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's funny about that video, dude said he knows how the fans felt in Indiana when Ron Artest went after fans he got it wrong, it was in Detroit not Indiana when that happened.
    And he talking about Ron Artest while wearing A Los Angeles Lakers 2010 Championship shirt LOL.