That Awkward Moment when....

124»

Comments

• Kat
    Kat Members Posts: 50,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol..funny you should say that..keep reading Marley.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    .Empress. wrote: »
    ..somebody in your daily routine tries to holla at you.

So there is this guy on my bus that rides pretty much every day. The other day he spoke and said good morning and when he sat down I noticed he was writing something on a torn off piece of paper. Right then, I was like please don't let this dude be trying to give me his number, but he got off the bus without saying anything so I said to myself damn you're full of yourself and left it at that.

This morning I get off the bus and look over and he's standing right next to me. He speaks, I pull out my earbud, he says I'm very attractive (aw), asks if I have a bf (yes) and then says we should do lunch, and then hands me that sammmme torn off piece of paper from the other day!

Now my bus ride is going to be awkward cause I have no intention in calling him.

Hate that ? .

Share your awkward moments..

Lol. Bold and fresh as if you being taken really matters.
    You could be rocking a wedding ring and it wouldn't mean anything, brothers of every caliber still trying to holla. It's a shame how many married men also try that too, happens everyday.

They wouldnt do it if it didnt work, tho. There are a breed of women who will gravitate toward a married man. So there's plenty of triflin to go around
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 6,385 ✭✭
    edited October 2012
    You shoulda reiterated you had a bf and declined, but your inner hoe was happy someone addressed you/gave u attention and therefore u made this thread and will make several baseless hoe quotes as usual

It really and truly does not matter! (at least not with all men)
    It's as if the more we stress that we are spoken for, the more some fellas like to press us. Has to be nipped in the bud in a clean, polite and direct way but if you think "I'm married" is always going to do the job.......indicating that we are taken/married is almost as if we are saying "welcome, come on in".

Just the other day I was working and this one brother was being really friendly, kept coming around paying me a lot of attention, bringing me a drink here, some food there which is normal for us but even still, I knew what it was. Now I know he sees the ring on my finger, it's totally visible but he continues to show me some tickets he has to go see Wu Tang or whoever, he proceeds to ask me to dinner later on and then I make it clear that I am taken and he then looks at my ring finger. He plays it off like he didn't know but he still isnt budging, he is still interested in pursuing this being......not until I pointed to my man did he back off a bit and proceed to hail him up.....lol.

I swear! Humans are so funny.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited October 2012
    @ Kat

So wait, he too was married? I am shocked by this new development in your story.....
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    They wouldnt do it if it didnt work, tho. There are a breed of women who will gravitate toward a married man. So there's plenty of triflin to go around

You are absolutely right. On the other end of the spectrum, married men are exactly what certain breeds of females intentionally seek. The ring on their finger makes them that much more attractive and appealing to these females.
  • S2J
    Sigh. Ladies, let me explain this for you:

If someone asks you a direct, close ended question (Can I take you out?)

Now, we all know there are TWO possible answers to a close ended question...But what do yall do? You give a NON-ANSWER (I have a boyfriend)

You have now done 2 things: 1) You have not answered the question, hence keeping the door open,

and 2) You are implying that if you DIDNT have a B/F, you'd be down. That is why Tyorne ignores that 'I have a b/f' ? .

You're welcome.
  • [Deleted User]

Now, we all know there are TWO possible answers to a close ended question...But what do yall do? You give a NON-ANSWER (I have a boyfriend)

You have now done 2 things: 1) You have not answered the question, hence keeping the door open,

and 2) You are implying that if you DIDNT have a B/F, you'd be down. That is why Tyorne ignores that 'I have a b/f' ? .

You're welcome.

"Thank you kindly but NO dear, I am married."
    The reality is, some guys won't take no for a first answer unless the female seems annoyed, bothered or if she possibly becomes aggressive and rude, not at all my style. But you must admit that its true, just being friendly and carrying a certain type of energy which attracts others will make it a tad more difficult to get rid of gentleman callers.
  • Meta_Conscious
    Meta_Conscious Members Posts: 26,227 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome.

I might have to report u to the brotherhood for divulging this much game...
  • Kat
    He asked if I had a boyfriend first though. When I said yes, he still handed me the number and said we should do lunch.

Which was whatever when I assumed he was single. Why should he care about my boyfriend? He still has the right to pursue. Finding out he was married though..smh!
  • S2J
    edited October 2012

You're welcome.

"Thank you kindly but NO dear, I am married."
    The reality is, some guys won't take no for a first answer unless the female seems annoyed, bothered or if she possibly becomes aggressive and rude, not at all my style. But you must admit that its true, just being friendly and carrying a certain type of energy which attracts others will make it a tad more difficult to get rid of gentleman callers.

I hear you, but you dont hear me LOL

The use of an explanation, when NONE was asked for, is the opening. Trust me.

You'd be suprised how quickly a stern, non-smiling 'Im not interested.' shuts ? down. What can i come back from w/ that?

Instead:
    You say you have a b/f...He says 'I can be your 'friend'
    You say 'I dont think he'd like that'...He says 'Oh, so you cant have friends?'
    You say 'I can but i--'

STOP

Now you'r explaining and giving him conversation when other women would and already have shut him down. He smells your weakness. You have already Lost.

@ the 'friendly and certain energy'- I totally agree. I have to actually explain that to my s/o. You are in a relationship, you are not in the business of making friends or being a jolly person amidst random dudes. As an adult, there's no excuse to be naiive and think that you just being nice and just having conversation cant be construed as interest.
  • S2J
    Stopitfive wrote: »

You're welcome.

I might have to report u to the brotherhood for divulging this much game...

Ahh ? you right. But i just had to give her this work.
  • S2J
    edited October 2012
    He asked if I had a boyfriend first though. When I said yes, he still handed me the number and said we should do lunch.

Which was whatever when I assumed he was single. Why should he care about my boyfriend? He still has the right to pursue. Finding out he was married though..smh!

What does this MEAN!?!? lol So you practice civil rights when it comes to dudes throwin game, huh? I must have missed that amendment...
  • Kat
    lol..it just means from his perspective me saying I have a boyfriend really shouldn't make him feel like he can't pursue. I'm not married and my bf isn't his boy. That's my responsibility to shut him down.

However when I later found out he is married...smh.
  • Meta_Conscious
    "dont speak to broads that r spoke for, that provokes war"... Common
  • Kat
    Shoulda put a ring on it...Beyonce!
  • Meta_Conscious
    "...I put one around her ? eye" Big L
  • haute
    haute Members Posts: 11,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    please I've said flat out "NO"

with nothing before or after

and dudes still keep running their mouth as if something they say will magically make my ? jump out of my body and into their hands

? are just rude sometime
  • Meta_Conscious
    a lot of cats will do whatever... but still...
  • [Deleted User]
    @s2jepeka and @stopitfive

Stop that! Lol. The awareness is there! I certainly am not speaking on my own behalf as myself and many others know exactly what we are doing. Not giving a close ended answer gives the space for further interaction. That room to further pursue is granted without clean and direct clarity. We are only responsible and in control of our own actions and this is where many start snoozing. Females being naïve isn't even the fact of the matter, they just aren't there during the whole encounter, they're "asleep". Had they been really present, the whole scenario would go down differently.
  • S2J
    @s2jepeka and @stopitfive

Stop that! Lol. The awareness is there! I certainly am not speaking on my own behalf as myself and many others know exactly what we are doing. Not giving a close ended answer gives the space for further interaction. That room to further pursue is granted without clean and direct clarity. We are only responsible and in control of our own actions and this is where many start snoozing. Females being naïve isn't even the fact of the matter, they just aren't there during the whole encounter, they're "asleep". Had they been really present, the whole scenario would go down differently.

lenny.gif
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some women give off that 'I have a man, but I might check you out' vibe. Taking numbers only makes them feel more comfortable.
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Locking eyes with your barber when getting edged

Ain't emm nothing on this earth more discomforting than that
  • Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    if it's happening every time......might be time to switch barbers
  • shit happens
    shit happens Members Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol naw bro just speaking in general
  • Bcotton5