I wanna talk about Goldeneye

_Jay_
_Jay_ Members, Administrators Posts: 3,689 My Name Is My Name.
edited October 2012 in IllGaming
GOAT multiplayer? or nah

Comments

• Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ehh, I give Perfect Dark the edge because it gives us more options in multiplayer.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Perfect dark >>>>>>
    This. It took what Goldeneye did and added to it and the bots were crazy as hell.

laptop gun was GOAT.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perfect dark >>>>>>

N64 version lagged with 4 players. Not sure about the 360 version though
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Goldeneye >

Perfect Dark was nice but nothing like Goldeneye, the original multiplayer FPS that was popular like that on consoles and the forever GOAT. It's too classic and plus PD had to swagger jack it, otherwise it would've failed.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    Goldeneye >

Perfect Dark was nice but nothing like Goldeneye, the original multiplayer FPS that was popular like that on consoles and the forever GOAT. It's too classic and plus PD had to swagger jack it, otherwise it would've failed.

swagger jacked?......the same company made both games....what u talking bout?
  • _Jay_
    PD's multiplayer options >>>

But as far as raw replayability + fun, Goldeneye held it's own...classic game

I'm speaking strictly on multiplayer when I say this tho.
  • _Jay_
    Karl. wrote: »
    The goldeneye for the wii is pretty cool.

#Top10 IMO. I know a PS3 version dropped, but I've literally heard NO hands-on feedback about it.
  • _Jay_
    I'm tempted to dig out my old N64, JUST to play this game (grenade launchers in the sewers).
  • DOPEdweebz
    I'm tempted to dig out my old N64, JUST to play this game (grenade launchers in the sewers).
    Chances are we can all "dl" it now.

Goldeneye on gameshark = rocket launcher in BOTH hands = GOAT (Btw I think i'm abusing the word GOAT now)
  • _Jay_
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Chances are we can all "dl" it now.

Goldeneye on gameshark = rocket launcher in BOTH hands = GOAT (Btw I think i'm abusing the word GOAT now)

I've got it sittin in the corner over there, #jalous cuz we play the Wii Goldeneye. I miss the classic sewers and classic grenade launchers tho. Only reason I haven't hooked it up (take like 3 minutes), is cuz I taught my folks on the updated version, and I'd clearly dominate in the original.
  • VIBE
    Goldeneye >

Even had some of the same programmers and directors. Doesn't matter, they took the same ? from a different game an slapped it into another game. PD was dope and all, but it's 007 in PD.

If it wasn't for 007, PD wouldn't have done so well. It was the blueprint for what PD became.

If 007 was horrible and PD was the "improvement", I'd pick PD, but 007 wasn't and still isn't horrible. 007 is a classic, bad ass game.

007 > PD.

• CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • DOPEdweebz
    Goldeneye >

Even had some of the same programmers and directors. Doesn't matter, they took the same ? from a different game an slapped it into another game. PD was dope and all, but it's 007 in PD.

If it wasn't for 007, PD wouldn't have done so well. It was the blueprint for what PD became.

If 007 was horrible and PD was the "improvement", I'd pick PD, but 007 wasn't and still isn't horrible. 007 is a classic, bad ass game.

007 > PD.

The thing is we're talking about purely the multiplayer aspect.. its like comparing an 97 car to its 2000 version.. i gotta go with the 2000 version due to mainly keeping the same features and IMPROVING with more additions... how can you not ? with the bots, added weapons, added campaigns and such and even keeping some of your favorite goldeneye multiplayers and changing some aspects of it... the only thing I hated about PD was the farsight gun.. i mean you gotta love the remote control rocket launcher...
  • allied
    allied Members Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭
    I don't think it's the best but it is one of those flagpole games that changed gaming forever. Still my favorite 1st person shooter to play. And I didn't get into Perfect Dark.
  • themadlionsfan
    themadlionsfan Members Posts: 9,133 ✭✭✭✭✭
    KingGivBiz wrote: »
    Goldeneye >

007 > PD.

The thing is we're talking about purely the multiplayer aspect.. its like comparing an 97 car to its 2000 version.. i gotta go with the 2000 version due to mainly keeping the same features and IMPROVING with more additions... how can you not ? with the bots, added weapons, added campaigns and such and even keeping some of your favorite goldeneye multiplayers and changing some aspects of it... the only thing I hated about PD was the farsight gun.. i mean you gotta love the remote control rocket launcher...

and u know what?....ever great franchise uses this template...take what you did right and expand upon it
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As far as competitive play, i'd give it that title

I spent way more hours playing multiplayer on Conker's Bad Fur Day though
    The first time I saw that you could blow up people's heads with the sniper rifles I was hooked

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nostalgic but no way is it GOAT. BFBC2 and COD 4 beg to differ.
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Golden Eye for ps3.... it was fun.... haven't finished it yet.
  • _Jay_
    Karl. wrote: »
    One of the best things about Golden Eye were the characters you could choose to be in the multiplayer.

I played my share, but usually select the Pilot. One of my bros, who I'm always playin against, plus ppl I used to play with, always picked Oddjob, smh. Most folks hate ppl who pick Oddjob, but I'm good enough to handle em. #pause

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    I hated when people just wanted to play with golden guns, there's no skill in that. Proximity and timed mines are GOAT
  • _Jay_
    ^^cosign the golden guns part smh, where's the skill in that?

My hands down fav was grenade launchers...

but my secondary was proximity mines and...forgot what kinda gun it was, think they called it the AR33, whatever...the one that was supposed to be an AK. Good ? times
  • CallMeWelvin
    CallMeWelvin Members Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only played the campaign btw.
  • VIBE
    No skill in golden gun? WTF!

There was skill if you could go deathless, ? was hard to do and I did it once in my Goldeneye career.