2nd Presidential Debate: Obama in Game 6 Jordan mode tonight

Options
Swiffness!
Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Social Lounge
Romney shook after that gas/economy line Obeezy gave him. That was a straight Mortal Kombat uppercut rite thurr.

"No, its not settled!"

this ? getting heated but ? shining under the pressure tonight

also, this fugly woman is HOLDIN IT DOWN as moderator and just making Romney's life MISERABLE with some of these deadly follow-up questions. Yeah cuz! Explain what happens if yo perfect plan don't pan out, ? !

too many quotables

Comments

• BIGbaddBLACK
    BIGbaddBLACK Members Posts: 90 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Alright Lorraine smash or pass lol
  • Swiffness!
    Options
    THIS ? GOT REAL ON LIBYA
  • kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can't lie Obama did very well tonight and so far has won the debate. I was really impressed with how Obama crushed Romney's response to the Libya attack and his phony balony tax cut plan. Romney did well too though to be fair, but Obama had an answer for everything......

Obama: B+

Romney: B-

• TheLaureate
    TheLaureate Members Posts: 221 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Romney destroyed Obama when he brought up Obama's false flag operation, Fast and Furious, to give thousands of fully automatic assault weapons to Mexican drug lords which murdered hundreds of Mexicans and several Americans.

Obama signaled to Crowley to save him and diverge the topic. OBAMA HAD NO RESPONSE. He was caught red handed.
  • kingblaze84
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Swiffness, what's going on with your boy Obama? He's losing on avg in most polls that have come out recently, and Obama is losing by 7 against Romney in the most respected poll, Gallup.....Obama may have taken too long to show his Jordan skills.....

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/18/gallup-poll_n_1982004.html

WASHINGTON -- The already controversial Gallup Daily Poll raised even more eyebrows on Thursday with the release of daily tracking results showing Republican nominee Mitt Romney leading President Barack Obama by 7 percentage points (52 to 45 percent) among likely voters nationwide.

The latest Gallup result was by far the most favorable to Romney among national polls released over the past week. Nine other organizations using a wide variety of different methodologies showed results ranging from a 4 percentage point lead for Romney lead to a 3 point advantage for Obama.

• kingblaze84
    Options
    I thought Obama was gona win easily this year but I'm starting to think Romney is gona win. Less than a month before election day.....
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    i do have to say that i don't appreciate Obama costing me money by talking up an assault weapon ban
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    i do have to say that i don't appreciate Obama costing me money by talking up an assault weapon ban

You're voting for Romney?
  • Swiffness!
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Libya should've been a win for Romney but instead he threw a Pick Six and Obama ethered him.

kingblaze you a week late wit dat Obama doom cuz, 538 (the ONLY election barometer that matters imo) already got Obama's chance of winning back up to 70% and rising after an all-time nadir of 61% on the 12th (was at 87% before the debate).

putting aside that National Polls are irrelevant compared to swing state polls, Nate Silver also ethered Gallup badly today:

The Gallup poll is accounted for in the forecast model, along with all other state and national surveys.

However, its results are deeply inconsistent with the results that other polling firms are showing in the presidential race, and the Gallup poll has a history of performing very poorly when that is the case.

Other national polls show a race that is roughly tied on average, while state polls continue to indicate a narrow advantage of about two points for President Obama in tipping-point states like Ohio. The forecast has Mr. Obama as a narrow favorite in the election largely on the basis of the state polls. (You can read my thoughts here on the challenge of reconciling state and national poll data.)

Our database contains records from 136 distinct pollsters that have released at least one state or national survey at some point in this election cycle. Of those, 53 are active enough to have issued at least one survey since Oct. 1.

Usually, when a poll is an outlier relative to the consensus, its results turn out badly.

You do not need to look any further than Gallup’s track record over the past two election cycles to find a demonstration of this.

To be clear, I would not recommend that you literally just disregard the Gallup poll. You should consider it — but consider it in context.

The context is that its most recent results differ substantially from the dozens of other state and national polls about the campaign. It’s much more likely that Gallup is wrong and everyone else is right than the other way around.

Gallup vs. The World

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    wait, did i say i was voting for Romney or did i say i was annoyed because the mention of the AWB is going to cost me money?
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    wait, did i say i was voting for Romney or did i say i was annoyed because the mention of the AWB is going to cost me money?

I'm just asking