You ? with soy?

Options
LUClEN
LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Weight Room
Ive heard some bad ? about it. Apparently it has estrogen in it and it should be avoided. But it has a lot of protein in it and i cant keep eating sardines and reeking like fish so i am considering trying it out

Whats your experience with it?

Comments

• leftcoastkev
    leftcoastkev Members Posts: 6,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    No. But, once you're grown it *likely* won't have *as bad* of an effect on you as if you as a dude grew up on it....as far as hormones and such. I can't call it though.

I avoid it where possible as one of those better safe than sorry things.

Lean beef, chicken, fish, hell even lean pork (i.e., top sirloin pork), turkey, shrimp, lobster, crab, blah blah....there are so many better protein choice options than (soy based) tofu and eggplant.

If you wanna go all technical on the matter.......the protein absorption rate of soy is less than that of beef, chicken, or whey. Might as well maximize your growth potential if you're bustin your ass in the gym.
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RodrigueZz wrote: »
    Ive heard some bad ? about it. Apparently it has estrogen in it and it should be avoided. But it has a lot of protein in it and i cant keep eating sardines and reeking like fish so i am considering trying it out

Whats your experience with it?

Being a Vegan, soy is about the last option I have when I get that taste of "meat"

• scarfacetf
    scarfacetf Members Posts: 59
    Options
    Don't touch soy, unless its fermented, otherwise its not good for you