Doomtree's P.O.S: We Don't Even Live Here. Dropping October 23rd, 2012.

RuffDraft
RuffDraft Members, Writer Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭✭
edited August 2012 in The Essence
POS_WDELH_1.jpg

Taken from StarTribune.com
Titled “We Don’t Even Live Here,” the record features a guest appearance by Justin “Bon Iver” Vernon, who sings on the track “We Land Here.” Another of his Gayngs pals, Ryan Olson, also worked on the album, and other members of Doomtree also pop up here and there. We’re guessing Mike Mictlan had a hand in “Get Down,” the track he and P.O.S. have been blowing up crowds with going back to last year’s Blowout shows. Another crowd favorite of late is the second song on the disc, “F--- Your Stuff.”

Neither of those is the first track issued off the album, though. Pitchfork just debuted the Dan Huiting-directed video for the album’s opening song, “Bumper,” which shows the real-life Stef Alexander backed by his Marijuana Deathsquads pals and his usual DJ Plain Ole Bill. Not surprisingly, then, it’s damn wild stuff (watch/listen to it below).
Tracklist:

1. Bumper
2. F--- Your Stuff
3. Where We Land
4. Wanted Wasted
5. They Can't Come
6. Lockpicks, Knives, Bricks and Bats
7. Arrow to the Action - Fire in the Hole
8. Get Down
9. All of It
10. We Don't Even Live Here (Weird Friends)
11. Piano Hits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iAvB08O3IUc

Can't wait for this release, fell in love with Never Better when that dropped a few years back, I'm sure he can deliver again!

Anyone else checkin' for this?

Comments

• satyrone
    satyrone Members Posts: 4,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im checkin for it wasnt feeling never better i thought that ipeacac neat and audtion where better. Still havent copped them doomtree albums yet
  • Valentinez A. Kaiser
    Valentinez A. Kaiser Members Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked never better, some tracks were "ehh" but overall it was solid IMO.

Will look out for this tho so.....Props!
  • RuffDraft
    satyrone wrote: »
    Im checkin for it wasnt feeling never better i thought that ipeacac neat and audtion where better. Still havent copped them doomtree albums yet

I checked the older ones, but because Never Better was my introduction to Doomtree in general, I really liked Never Better. Especially the more amped up 'ish, it just gave the whole of hip hop a shake up for me. Whenever I wanted to hear something filled with emotion and was heavy and appealing, I'd put it on!
    I liked never better, some tracks were "ehh" but overall it was solid IMO.

Will look out for this tho so.....Props!

Probably a good summary of it, to be fair. I really liked Drumroll, Purexed and Low Light Life.
  • RuffDraft
    Anyone listened to this yet? I'm on first listen, dude's mad talented, hyped!
  • RuffDraft
    Album's nice, not as good as Never Better IMO, as the production isn't as great, but it's still a really solid release from a supremely talented and under rated emcee.
  • satyrone
    yea i listened to it havent copped yet. but ill give it another listen.
  • RuffDraft

First thoughts?
  • satyrone
    RuffDraft wrote: »

First thoughts?
    well i thought it was dope from what i listened too. but i need a second run thru.
  • RuffDraft

First thoughts?
    well i thought it was dope from what i listened too. but i need a second run thru.

Same. Shame Kendrick Lamar dropped at the same time, he's stolen all the hip hop headlines from any other releases, it seems.
  • satyrone

First thoughts?

Same. Shame Kendrick Lamar dropped at the same time, he's stolen all the hip hop headlines from any other releases, it seems.

yea thats true and that Kendrick album is a classic imo. and that P.O.S album is real dope copped the other day.
  • RuffDraft

First thoughts?

yea thats true and that Kendrick album is a classic imo. and that P.O.S album is real dope copped the other day.

Yeah, it is really, really nice. I think that some tracks aren't as enjoyable as others, which perhaps takes it away from being a classic; but the concept is delivered so well. He's really done himself justice. Shame it's not an independent album so we can discuss it here! Yeah, P.O.S definitely has that consistency.
  • satyrone
    edited November 2012
    listened to this ablum heavy today at work and ? your stuff is easily my fave track on there. really good album too bad theres only 13 songs on it tho.