James Harden Dilemma

Options
124»

Comments

• MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    unless Harden wnts to stay in OKC for a lesser amount than he could make elsewhere than they need to handle this before the 31st, these dudes are killing me saying keep Perk and get rid of Harden because Perk played good defense on a 40 year old Duncan

signing him before the 31st he can only sign a 3 yr extension but as a restricted free agent they can sign him for longer

signing him now would eliminate the chances of another team offering a poison pill contract that would make it difficult to resign him
  • inthacut
    inthacut Members Posts: 955 ✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    "Everything will figure itself out eventually," Harden said at the team's preseason media day Monday. "Right now, training camp is starting. I think everybody is excited to be here and just to enjoy each other's company. We really missed each other."
    Harden predicted that he'll agree to terms on a new contract by the end of the month and said that he's focused on "hooping," and not on the negotiations.
    "I have confidence in my agent and the organization to get it done," Harden said. "They know how important it is, so I'm sure it will be done."

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/nba/10/01/okc-thunder-harden-extension.ap/index.html#ixzz289LawZwS

• marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    after watchin him not show up in the finals. i would NOT give him a max deal.
  • ShadyWorldOrder
    ShadyWorldOrder Members Posts: 711 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    marc123 wrote: »

I wouldnt base a one series on what he should be paid.................He will get a max contract if he wants that but he wants to take a paycut more power to him
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: After passing on a roughly $52M extension, James Harden still engaged in talks with Oklahoma City

Harden wants the max.If the thunder dont workout a deal by wednesday say goodbye
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Harden is smart , most of these 2 guards in the league that are good are getting old , do i view Harden as a max type? no...he's good but i dont think Max level ..... Kobe will be 35 , Manu is old , Wade is breaking down slowly but still good , Joe Johnson plays old ..but he's still solid

the demand of a Young SG is pretty high around the league not too many of them floating around....Harden,Monta,and Eric Gordon are just about the only good really young SG's i can think of
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Harden is smart , most of these 2 guards in the league that are good are getting old , do i view Harden as a max type? no...he's good but i dont think Max level ..... Kobe will be 35 , Manu is old , Wade is breaking down slowly but still good , Joe Johnson plays old ..but he's still solid

the demand of a Young SG is pretty high around the league not too many of them floating around....Harden,Monta,and Eric Gordon are just about the only good really young SG's i can think of

Monta last contact was 60+ and eric gordon is a max 50+. You gon have to pay somebody if its not james harden. As for oh he didn't show up for the finals dude . The other SGs in his bracket haven't even been deep in playoffs let alone the Finals.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA

Y! Sources: After passing on a roughly $52M extension, James Harden still engaged in talks with Oklahoma City

Harden wants the max.If the thunder dont workout a deal by wednesday say goodbye

The Max is 60 , he really want that extra 8 million huh
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sam presti need to call up Minnesota and offer Harden and Ibaka for KLove. lol but seriously Harden is smart to go after the $$
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
    DaBull wrote: »
    Sam presti need to call up Minnesota and offer Harden and Ibaka for KLove. lol but seriously Harden is smart to go after the $$

Someone listened to the BS report this week lol.
  • G Mack
    G Mack Members Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't do whither

there are players who have cashed out for less(ie eric gordon)....you gotta look at his overall body of work plus he's still young and learning, people forget how he went off on san antonio....

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options

Monta last contact was 60+ and eric gordon is a max 50+. You gon have to pay somebody if its not james harden. As for oh he didn't show up for the finals dude . The other SGs in his bracket haven't even been deep in playoffs let alone the Finals.

HUH?? what did that have to do with my post.......i was saying Harden is smart by wanting that much because they're not that many good young SG's currently
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Harden is a really good role player in a system that fits him perfectly in OKC.. he can't be a go to man on another team therefore he isn't worth max. That 52 mill offer was good but obviously he wants 60+ I can see Sam Presti trading him before deadline if they don't resign him. Orlando will be plotting hard if becomes a free agent along with a top 3 pick in the draft... can also see Suns offering a package to get him before deadline as well.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    they need to amnesty perk...keep harden
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    hopefully this talk distracts the OKC team all season....hahahhhahaa

need my lakers to win
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I guess it's no longer a dilemma no more appears being traded to the Rickets
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Mumo_X wrote: »
    Harden aint goin anywhere

lololololol
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It appears the oracle of OKC is losing his touch lol
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options

i-understand-what-youre-saying-but-youre-wrong.jpg
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought they would do what it took to keep him but I love this move for Okc
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @mumo_x

hahahahahahahahaha harden is gone ?
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    Westbrook has the ball in his hands full-time now even in critical situations this will be interesting for OKC but they still made out pretty good with this trade I dont blame them for doing it. Chemistry is a issue with Martuin but @ least its October
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    t/s won. everyone who doubted him lost. Including me.