Kendrick Lamar Debuts at #2 on the BillBoard Charts with 240k Sold, More than J Cole

Options

Comments

• NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yall ever had a dude not know its lame andhomo to e stalk a dude ? Ehhh. I have nothin to do with this person. Beyond pitiful.....well time to be out of this fantasy world for the day. Im out.
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LOL at explaining to do, like Dr Dre being on his first single didn't have anything to do with that. Lets see how the album perform over the long run, J COLE IS AT 630,000 COPIES SOLD, lets see if Kendrick album has legs like J Coles .

Was Jay-z all over J Cole's album, nope!
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @usmarin3 SHUT THE ? UP BEFORE I CURB STOMP YOU ? . GIVE IT UP DOGGY. Can you stop stanning for 30 seconds?
  • t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088
    t_m_a_c_f_a_n73088 Members Posts: 8,758 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    usmarin3 wrote: »
    LOL at explaining to do, like Dr Dre being on his first single didn't have anything to do with that. Lets see how the album perform over the long run, J COLE IS AT 630,000 COPIES SOLD.

Marin3 be for real bruh. Just take your L and call it a day. Kendrick sold well for the EXACT SAME REASONS Cole did which is what we were trynna tell you from jump. If anything his is more impressive because it really was about the album because he didn't have a hit like workout. Cole is prolly my 2nd fav "new" rapper behind kendrick so I hate comparing the two but be real. If you prefer cole over Kendrick cool argue your point all day, but Kendrick sold because a. he has a huge following and b. he had a great album, period. In 2012 ? aint trynna buy albums period let alone buy one because a somewhat washed up rapper/producer is on TWO songs one of which we already heard and he helped mix/master the album....
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Great first week sales.

LA makin moves, bringing real music back to the mainstream with no gimmicks.

If a new nyc rapper can bring back the classic east coast style AND sell records, the down south fast food gimmick rap era (ymcmbmmg/bricksquad/etc) might finally end..
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    edited October 2012
    Options
    Those were some lame excuses fam, U coulda done better than dat ? .. smh...
  • usmarin3
    Options
    You can hit feelings all you want but don't act like J Cole didn't do all his ? without Jay-z public cosign. He had no lead single or video with Jay-z help.

Plus SLS leaked earlier than Kendricks.

Anyway though, i'm not even mad at Kendricks success, i'm happy good hiphop is winning. It's proof you can win being yourself instead of selling fake ? or using gimmicks.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    I can't wait till Ab-Soul and the rest of Black Hippy is known on a national level. They know what they're doing.

Quality music movement!
  • Kushington
    Kushington Members Posts: 8,011 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    Options
    LOL at explaining to do, like Dr Dre being on his first single didn't have anything to do with that. Lets see how the album perform over the long run, J COLE IS AT 630,000 COPIES SOLD, lets see if Kendrick album has legs like J Coles .

Why are you hatin on kendrick's success?

You were wrong. Accept it and move on.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    @Usmarin3 Why you just now bringing up this Dre ? ? Dre was on the single like 6 months ago b. You knew Dre was on the single, yet you still said this was gonna flop and we were gonna be in for a rude awakening just a week ago. What changed so fast b? What's even your point? J. Cole is better because he appeals to more people than Kendrick and doesn't do anything else better?

STOP
    IT
    SLIME.
  • runningwolf1980
    runningwolf1980 Members Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

hold up dre's tracks are "BONUS"...i like cole as well cuzzo but this is the most "complete album" ive heard since the early 00's
  • usmarin3
    Options
    Point to the exact post where is said Kendrick was going to flop, i bet you can't!

I bet you when J Cole drops his new album he does over 300k. Congrats to Kendrick but don't front like Kendrick isn't trying to get to where J Cole right now with Grammy, American Music Award,Platinum singles and Gold albums.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Usmarin3

HAHAHAHAHA, you said he wasn't going to sell more than Lupe
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only thing @USMarine said I agree with is that we should see if the sales continue...which I believe it will if he drops Backseat Freestyle & Poetic Justice
  • twentyfivelighters
    twentyfivelighters Members Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We really need KRIT to come with that heat for his next album though.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol @ the "more than J. Cole" part

congrats to dude tho...thats impressive in todays climate...
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Point to the exact post where is said Kendrick was going to flop, i bet you can't!

I bet you when J Cole drops his new album he does over 300k. Congrats to Kendrick but don't front like Kendrick isn't trying to get to where J Cole right now with Grammy, American Music Award,Platinum singles and Gold albums.

Kendrick is a better rapper who makes better music so why do we care about all this other ? ??

Your whole reason for saying Kendrick wouldn't come close to Cole's sales was to discredit him as being a niche underground rapper who doesn't appeal to anyone but internet geeks. I told yo ass that I was at a packed show full of sexy college hoes at the Alaska Airline Arena a couple months back but you refused to listen to anything anyone tells you.

Is this really a Roc Nation thing Marin3?
  • usmarin3
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    @Usmarin3

Saying he wasn't going to sell more than Lupe and saying he was going to flop isn't the same thing. TRY AGAIN!
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We really need KRIT to come with that heat for his next album though.

True indeed.
  • ohhhla
    ohhhla Members Posts: 10,341 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ohhhla wrote: »
    @Usmarin3

Saying he wasn't going to sell more than Lupe and saying he was going to flop isn't the same thing. TRY AGAIN!

I never said you said he was gonna flop.

Just own up that you were wrong.

• FyHunnit
    FyHunnit Members, Writer Posts: 9,699 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't wait for MTVs Hot artist list. I wonder what the reasons to 5 in 2012 list is lookin like too.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    Inb4 Marin3 says Cole's album was wack because he put all his good material on his mixtapes...

Like KL EP, OD, Section 80 aren't >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Come Up, Warm Up, FNL....
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • idoitforhiphop10
    idoitforhiphop10 Members Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Im a cole fan, but ur stannery is disgustin rite now usmarine. Just admit that u was wrong about kendrick (like 99% of the IC was wrong about cole last year) and move on.