Watch your kids!! SMH

Options
ImTheKangRoundHere
ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
condom2109393.jpg

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Toddler-finds-used-condom-on-day-care-playground-puts-it-in-her-mouth/-/475880/17127444/-/item/1/-/7gjjqfz/-/index.html

Jacksonville, Fla. – A Channel 4 investigation reveals a shocking chain of events that includes a toddler, a day care playground and a used condom. The little girl did what many 3-year-olds would do when they find something on the ground: she put it in her mouth.

This happened in December 2011 at the day care which is part of the Head Start program run by the Jacksonville Urban League on Ionia Street. It is also the site of the city’s Robert F. Kennedy Community Center and Park. This incident has resulted in an entire year’s worth of fear and worry for her mother that the child has a sexually transmitted disease or possibly ? because the condom tested positive for gonorrhea and it can take up to a year for these kinds of diseases to show up.

The child’s mom, Tiesha Sanders, was there on the playground that day and saw what happened. Now, she’s hired an attorney and plans to sue the Jacksonville Urban League because she says she wants to make sure other children won’t be exposed to the same danger that has changed her daughter’s life.

“I just really didn’t want that to happen to my baby,” said Sanders. “If it happens to my daughter, it can happen to yours.”

During an interview with Channel 4 anchor and reporter Adrienne Moore, Sanders cried while talking about that morning at the day care. She says she brought her daughter there and watched as she ran toward the slide and a group of children.

“I lift up my head and I saw her put something in her mouth and I was like, ‘get that out of your mouth!’ And someone said see what she had in her mouth and that’s when I found out she had a condom in her mouth,” explained Sanders.

During the interview when Adrienne asked Sanders what was going through her mind when she realized what her daughter had put in her mouth she said, “Honestly, I was like what the hell is that? I was very upset, I was shaking, I was crying.”

After grabbing her daughter from the slide area, Sanders washed her mouth out with water and says she then called the Centers for Disease Control. After that, she says she took her to the emergency room at Baptist Medical Center where she not only had her little girl checked out, but had that condom tested too.

“The first test was the condom and it tested positive for a form of gonorrhea,” said Richard Alexander, Sanders’ attorney.

“It’s bad enough you hear the first part that she had this in her mouth and then you hear that it tests positive for gonorrhea, and it’s like, it’s just a nightmare for a parent,” he said.

Medical records provided to us by Alexander show doctors put the little girl through a series of invasive tests including ? , vaginal and throat exams. Alexander says these test are repeated every four months so doctors can rule out the possibility of ? and other diseases that sometimes take up to a year to show up.

Comments