A$AP Rocky Discusses "LongLiveA$AP," Working With Drake, 2 Chainz & Kendrick Lamar

StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
Even though LongLiveA$AP may not be dropping until next year, fans are still excited to hear what A$AP Rocky has in store for his debut LP. Now, in a recent interview with HardKnockTV, the Harlem upstart discusses his artistic growth on the record.

A$AP explained that what will most differentiate his impending album from his breakthrough mixtape Live.Love.A$AP is the growth in his sound. He said that he's reached a point in his career where he feels confident enough in his music to look artists outside his camp. A$AP also discussed his most recent single with Kendrick Lamar, Drake and 2 Chainz titled "? ' Problem," saying that, "if you don't like it, go listen to somebody else."

"It's a big difference [between my mixtape and album]," he explained. "It's maturity - I'm matured, the content is a little different, it's a lot of the same sounds. I'm just experimenting, and it's really like what I do, just my music all in a capsule. I feel like people are going to get the same feeling they had [with Live.Love.A$AP], but plus more because in my original form, I wouldn't have done a song with Drake, 2 Chainz and Kendrick [Lamar]…but for this one, I'd do that '? that's the state that I'm in right now. Those are my peers, we've done tours together and stuff like that, so it was only right to do."

He added, "You gotta realize, there's gonna be people that were never A$AP Rocky fans that heard that Drake record that's gonna say 'Oh, now I'm a fan.' There's gonna be people that were down with me before that's like, 'I like it like this, too,' and there's gonna be people who don't like it…my music is not for everybody to like. I don't care if I'm supposed to be politically correct and sell albums; I'm not a politician and really and truly, I'm not a salesman - that's what the label is for . I'm just an artist and what I do is what feels good to me, so if you don't like it, go listen to somebody else."

Check out the full interview to see Rocky recite his favorite verse from Rakim.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=pUsZ_7bFtVg

Comments