Brooklyn Nets Postpone Home Opener

MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 2012 in From the Cheap Seats
So thursday's game is postponed which would have been the home opener for the bk nets...looks like saturday they will have the first game.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2012/10/31/barclays-center-knicks-nets-postponed-mayor-bloomberg/1671911/

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The game was officially postponed.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    I don't think the Heat game vs the Knicks will happen
  • IceBergTaylor
    The Nets game hasnt been officially postponed but Greg Anthony just tweeted about it.
  • infamous114
    The NBA will officially announce it eventually...
  • infamous114
    Richard Sandomir ‏@RichSandomir

Appears to be true: Knicks-Nets game will be cancelled. Mayor Bloomberg about to announce it.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    edited October 2012
    yeah im listening to WFAN they haven't said ? about it being posponed but yeah they would be dumb if they dont delay it....

@$pyda were you in the city during the storm or did you evacuate?
  • IceBergTaylor
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    yeah im listening to WFAN they haven't said ? about it being posponed but yeah they would be dumb if they dont delay it....

Yeah I was home during the storm. I live in upper Manhattan by the GW Bridge but we didnt get affected by the storm outside of a few fallen trees. But I cant go anywhere bruh. Transportation is VERY limited.
  • IceBergTaylor
    I read early reports a few days ago they wanted ? to car pool to the game. That arena in Brooklyn was tailored made for mass subway transit. 11 trains go to that arena easy so that you wouldnt have to worry about driving there. Now suddenly because Stern and some idiot NY official, they want ? to CAR POOL to the game. I'm glad their doing the logical thing and postponing it.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    $pyda wrote: »
    Monizzle14 wrote: »

Yeah I was home during the storm. I live in upper Manhattan by the GW Bridge but we didnt get affected by the storm outside of a few fallen trees. But I cant go anywhere bruh. Transportation is VERY limited.

Word thats what happened up here in CT i still have power cause i live in hartford. we got heavy wind for a lil but we were good. My girl lives in the new haven area by the coast and ? is knocked out hard with no power and them rich folks coastal homes are underwater and ? .
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    I read early reports a few days ago they wanted ? to car pool to the game. That arena in Brooklyn was tailored made for mass subway transit. 11 trains go to that arena easy so that you wouldnt have to worry about driving there. Now suddenly because Stern and some idiot NY official, they want ? to CAR POOL to the game. I'm glad their doing the logical thing and postponing it.

dead at carpooling to the game they just greedy to get money is all it came down to..but i think now they fear too much negative PR since they marketed this place as a place easy to get to by public trasnit. I understand playing games after 9/11 for baseball and football like they did 10 years ago but when the ? subway is shut down in the biggest city on the east coast its impossible to expect people to get to a game in an orderly fashion.

• IceBergTaylor
    This is by far the worst storm I ever seen all my life. I seen other hurricanes come through here but not like this. I really think it was Stern who made the decision to play the game. I mean, last nite he said he wanted the folks at the Miami arena to keep us NYers in their prayers following "the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina" fuccin ?
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, last nite he said he wanted the folks at the Miami arena to keep us NYers in their prayers following "the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina" fuccin ?

thats the 1% tryin to be kind. u kno deep down he dont give a ? . ? said the wrong fukin hurricane. lol
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    This is by far the worst storm I ever seen all my life. I seen other hurricanes come through here but not like this. I really think it was Stern who made the decision to play the game. I mean, last nite he said he wanted the folks at the Miami arena to keep us NYers in their prayers following "the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina" fuccin ?

I think it was more of the BK nets who wanted to play the game but wouldn't be shocked if stern supported them as well. Its clearly the greedy ass ownership of the nets who was initially like ? transportation we havin this game. Reports are too that the city stepped in and cancelled the game despite the nets wishes to play it. Bloomberg was like ? ? yo basketball game Prokorov!
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2012
    lol. i kno, that Russian billionaire owner like "WTF i started this Brooklyn Nets ? and this the got damn thanks i GET." lol and i kno dude is like, "what? their legs dont work, tell em to walk to the game. ? americans."

real talk.
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    mia @ Ny game on fri will likely be cancelled......the subway system is no where near ready
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    ATTS wrote: »
    mia @ Ny game on fri will likely be cancelled......the subway system is no where near ready

tahts why im shocked they still playing the nets game saturday. and on top of that they still are having the nyc marathon! these clowns talking about giving an economic boost through the marathon but tell me this....how many businesses gunna benifit when half the businesses are without power and destroyed?