Grudges:Is it worth it

Options
2»

Comments

• Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    it's either i do something about it, or i move the ? on...
    personally, holding grudges puts extra weight on mi shoulders, i'm the type to move the ? on, and just not ? with u anymore.
    #5a7ut3
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Holding grudges and hating people gives them a certain power over you and your emotions. I refuse to let anyone have control over me, especially when its something I can control (which is rare in life). So I don't hold grudges. What goes around comes around regardless, let the universe work it's way out. Just continue to build.
  • Demarco27
    Demarco27 Members Posts: 581 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah ? that, I got a chip. Im just petty like that. Once u cross that line with me, I dont see any sense in resolving ? . But i dont let it control me, i use it for motivation.

Like for instance: when i was a youngin i had beef wit this dude because he wound up ? my ex after we broke up, and got mad when we was still in contact. I wasnt tryna beef ova a chick but dude got disrespectful so itwent somewhere else. Long story short, we fought, i got stabbed, i fractured his leg etc. Him an chick break up, i smash. They got back 2gether, had a kid, he got locked up on a home invasion doing 40yrs . Im still smashing his BM.

At the end of the day was it stupid? Yeah. But some ? u gotta just get out their way and let em kick their own ass.
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Time is too short. Every second you hold in a grudge is a second you could have used to do you and change and/or elevate your condition. You have basically made that person your ? by revolving your thoughts and by proxy your actions around them.

• NIKE...
    NIKE... Members Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Time is too short. Every second you hold in a grudge is a second you could have used to do you and change and/or elevate your condition. You have basically made that person your ? by revolving your thoughts and by proxy your actions around them.
    Holding a grudge doesnt require much energy b...It's a couple ? I have embedded hatred for but them ? dont occupy no space or time of my thoughts...it's just that when I finally catch em, I'm shootin them ? on sight..str8 up I mean that ? with every fibre of my being...they dead on contact but until then they dont exist..outta sight, outta mind
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ive held onto ? since i was 7, they say you have to let go and all that. I'm 36 now and just learning, never too old I guess. But it has had a ? up impact on my growth as a man.
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Life is too good to hold grudges forgive and never forget but always move forward. Love is stronger than pride
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still have a grudge against any girl that has rejected me, it won't change anytime soon either.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No it isn't.

As souless, selfish, and manipulative as it may seem burning bridges is not as beneficial as pretending you like people and gaining their favor so you can be benefited by their existence rather than negatively affected by it.
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    I don't hold on to them, but I do take it as a warning as to how you may act in certain situations...and if you show me a certain side of your personality if it bothers me that much I'll just cut you off
  • Bodhi
    Bodhi Members Posts: 7,932 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Grudges aren't good or healthy as far as putting emotional effort into a past action, like hating someone for doing something they did years or so ago but I do believe that you should learn from mistakes and experiences so that you do not repeat them. If someone hurt you, stay away from them but do not hate them. Like the expression goes, forgive but don't forget.