Jason Whitlock calls Steve A. Smith "House Ni@@a ? who Buck Dance for Skip Bayless"

124»

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    s2jepeka wrote: »
    Hold up man...

1) Just cause a ngga write a LOT of words does NOT mean he's 'ethering' anyone.

2) Whitlock says all that about catering to 'nggas'- Did it ever occur to Whitlock that Stehen A. is, indeed, a NGGA?!!?

And i dont say that in a demeaning way. People like him and Jalen Rose are FROM THE STREETS and they are just being them, just so happens they're now older and in a corporate setting. Thye still use references that show they are from where I'm from. And i know im not alone when i say I LOVE IT.

i.e.- I'm watchin 'Laugh at My Pain' again, and Stephen A. was right in the front row. Stepohen A. is a real ngga, and someitmes that ? slips out. nothing 'forced' about it.

3) Whitlock is the real ? . The NBA is 75% black-the stars of this league are urban-bred. The marketing schemes surrounding them are URBAN. I.E. -Nike's brash marketing of tee-shirts,

This is OUR thing!!! So why WOULDNT we want someone to represent US. Chris Webber, Jalen, Barkley, Steven A., Gary Payton, etc. Same in NFL-Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin. They know their ? AND are from the same streets these players are!!

I love the barber shop angle shows are taking. This is OUR thing, and Whitlock is just mad he isnt recognized in that vein

But you do realize they are exploiting you using all this "real ? " nonsense right?
  • waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up man...

2) Whitlock says all that about catering to 'nggas'- Did it ever occur to Whitlock that Stehen A. is, indeed, a NGGA?!!?

And i dont say that in a demeaning way. People like him and Jalen Rose are FROM THE STREETS and they are just being them, just so happens they're now older and in a corporate setting. Thye still use references that show they are from where I'm from. And i know im not alone when i say I LOVE IT.

i.e.- I'm watchin 'Laugh at My Pain' again, and Stephen A. was right in the front row. Stepohen A. is a real ngga, and someitmes that ? slips out. nothing 'forced' about it.

3) Whitlock is the real ? . The NBA is 75% black-the stars of this league are urban-bred. The marketing schemes surrounding them are URBAN. I.E. -Nike's brash marketing of tee-shirts,

This is OUR thing!!! So why WOULDNT we want someone to represent US. Chris Webber, Jalen, Barkley, Steven A., Gary Payton, etc. Same in NFL-Keyshawn, Chris Carter, Michael Irvin. They know their ? AND are from the same streets these players are!!

I love the barber shop angle shows are taking. This is OUR thing, and Whitlock is just mad he isnt recognized in that vein

i disagree for

1) ESPN do not have a good track record on showing AFRICAN AMERICANS in good light this is a fact, they cover more bad on African Americans then good then our white counterparts, and every chance they get they talk slick on black athletes.

2) Being from the streets aint go to do with ? , yall who say he's a ? and this and that is third is selling black people short and on a hip-hop site you is justification stero types.

3) what yall mean by ? ????? and what demographic of "? " is ESPN trying to reach...

is it the ? who is from the hood but is a Man, that have self-respect, educated, take no ? , know his sports and hip-hop just a much he knows his people history, politics. grown ass men's that like to enjoy good as beer that take his kids to the park, zoo and is a family man, young and smart that goes to school but aint no punk

or is ? that like to jaw jack, play video games all day, like to pop ? and ? on they ? all day, like to show out and be seen.

what ? are you talking about, yes STEPHEN A. is from the hood but he's educated to, so yall is insulting him as a man. are we talking about Huey P ? or Chief Keep ? .

4) Now i love the barbershop to, but let's be real. yall taking this barbershop ? out of context because the barbershop like the LAST POETS said on Common's Jawn it's our TAJ MAHAL ect.......... not only we talk sports, but that is not all we do, we talk about voting, politics, black man issues, music not only hip-hop but soul and jazz, blues, helping out young black mens in school ect......
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When did Greeny call MLK a ? ?

But as far as the show goes, Idk. I don't look in to it that deep. The topics don't have any rhythm to it like they used to. They might talk NBA for like 2 straight topics then go to NFL. Now they'll literally go back to talking about something just spoke on 20 minutes ago. But I been watching that ? faithfully since when it was Cold Pizza and it was Skip and Woody Paige going back and forth. I honestly wish they bring Jalen Rose and Ryan Clark back, but they brought some heavy ether so they wont be back too often.
  • Bawse D.Lox
    Bawse D.Lox Members Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    i honestly like first take, so they must be doin something right.
    fatso needs to trade that laptop, for a treadmill.

I don't see how Stephen A = Bojangles. when he's been doing, what he's been doin, his entire career.
    every time i watch Stephen.A, he comes across as some someone who states what he actually means. even if i disagree.

how many times had a Stephen.A video has been posted on the I.C, and ? co-signed????
    yet this fatlard drops ether?

Stephen.A , got the job on first take, due to feed back from viewers who enjoy watching Smiths N Bayless chemistry, which goes hand & hand and makes for great T.V.

LMAO @ eye candy, 95% of the Female ESPN Analyst's, qualifies as eye candy.

theirs like 40%+ of white males in the U.S, why would ESPN be so desperate to reach 5% of black males???
    ain't that hustling backwards???
    fat ass hating so desperately , that he doesn't make sense.
    and if ESPN wanted first take, to reach a black demographic. then why would Stephen.A have to act like a ? to reach black folks??????

ESPN has always played hiphop songs since i was Ye' high...and it doesn't hurt to add that both Skip N Stephen are fans of hiphop, & in conclusion rappers have always been on 1st take, waaaaaaay before stephen was a host on first take

the ratings are higher now, then they were. soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, Martin Luis The King Jr shrug*

this ? is already fat , and ugly. yet now he's hating, that ? ain't good for his already terrible health.
    #5a7ut3
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »
    Hold up man...

But you do realize they are exploiting you using all this "real ? " nonsense right?

What do you MEAN exploiting???

Is Oprah exploiting women by catering her shows to them?

Is ESPN's NASCAR shows exploiting rednecks by havin some good ol boys with that southern twang on their shows?

We not talkin bout Honey Boo Boo here- your use of the term 'exploiting' is implying that ESPN is using a negative to get ratings, or that they are instructing these guys how to act. Nah- I call it knowing your demographic. And there is nothing forced about the analysts I listed, and they are all ARTICULATE. You have former players talking about a game they are only 5 or so years removed from. The players in the league are and alway have been URBAN, so...there you go.

I'm sorry but Jalen Rose quoting random rap lyrics ("don't do it, please dont do ittt") while making his point is hilarious, and real... as is Chris Carter saying 'Where u at? Even his momma cant find him'...

Now, if you wanna talk about the Sportscenter hosts (both black and white) use of 'hip hop' lingo, then you may have a point. But thats not what we talkin bout here...
  • S2J
    waterproof wrote: »
    Hold up man...

i disagree for

1) ESPN do not have a good track record on showing AFRICAN AMERICANS in good light this is a fact, they cover more bad on African Americans then good then our white counterparts, and every chance they get they talk slick on black athletes.

2) Being from the streets aint go to do with ? , yall who say he's a ? and this and that is third is selling black people short and on a hip-hop site you is justification stero types.

3) what yall mean by ? ????? and what demographic of "? " is ESPN trying to reach...

is it the ? who is from the hood but is a Man, that have self-respect, educated, take no ? , know his sports and hip-hop just a much he knows his people history, politics. grown ass men's that like to enjoy good as beer that take his kids to the park, zoo and is a family man, young and smart that goes to school but aint no punk

or is ? that like to jaw jack, play video games all day, like to pop ? and ? on they ? all day, like to show out and be seen.

what ? are you talking about, yes STEPHEN A. is from the hood but he's educated to, so yall is insulting him as a man. are we talking about Huey P ? or Chief Keep ? .

4) Now i love the barbershop to, but let's be real. yall taking this barbershop ? out of context because the barbershop like the LAST POETS said on Common's Jawn it's our TAJ MAHAL ect.......... not only we talk sports, but that is not all we do, we talk about voting, politics, black man issues, music not only hip-hop but soul and jazz, blues, helping out young black mens in school ect......

Bruh what the HELL are you talkin bout.

Skip the political correct bullshyt, if you dont know what a real ngga means you talkin to the wrong person.

But Ok, so i don't offend you (lol & smh), when i say 'real ngga' it means 'ok, as someone who grew up on XYZ, with XYZ background, i recognize this guy'...it does NOT mean 'he's a real black man'. SMH

So when i see Stephen A. at a Kevin Hart show, i recognize him.
    When i hear Jalen Rose quoting a random ass Beastie Boys song, I recognize him.
    When i hear the TNT crew clowning on Lebron's hairline, i recognize them.

And above all, they all are simultaneously articulate, and dont have to chnge who they are.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up man...

Is ESPN's NASCAR shows exploiting rednecks by havin some good ol boys with that southern twang on their shows?

We not talkin bout Honey Boo Boo here- your use of the term 'exploiting' is implying that ESPN is using a negative to get ratings, or that they are instructing these guys how to act. Nah- I call it knowing your demographic. And there is nothing forced about the analysts I listed, and they are all ARTICULATE. You have former players talking about a game they are only 5 or so years removed from. The players in the league are and alway have been URBAN, so...there you go.

I'm sorry but Jalen Rose quoting random rap lyrics ("don't do it, please dont do ittt") while making his point is hilarious, and real... as is Chris Carter saying 'Where u at? Even his momma cant find him'...

Now, if you wanna talk about the Sportscenter hosts (both black and white) use of 'hip hop' lingo, then you may have a point. But thats not what we talkin bout here...

1) Yes Oprah exploits women....this is common knowledge

2) Yes NASCAR exploits rednecks....this is also common knowledge.

The DIFFERENCE is that ESPN is using First Take to legitimize racisim. Listen to the discussions on that show 9 times out of 10 its either about Lebron or Tebow. Skip's glorification of Tebow and demonization of Lebron is racisim....on a very subtle and clever level. Everybody in the NFL knows that Tebow is a joke and overrated as ? ...why is he overrated? Because Skip Bayless can go on ESPN every morning and pound away at how much of a "winner" Tebow is. Everybody in the NBA knows that Lebron has been the best player in the league for the past 2 to 3 years, Skip Bayless had him out of the top 5 last year. When Bron WON the MVP, Finals MVP, and Championship...the very next day Skip comes on and points out that he didnt shoot well from the 3. Meanwhile Tebow can't throw a 20 foot screen pass...Skip pushes that to the side continuously. Skip's JOB on First Take is to take the old white man angle the Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn" role. He CONTINUOUSLY talks about whats in an athletes mind....WTF? Who the ? is Skip to talk about what motivates an athlete? What makes Skip a qualified analyst to put a value on that? Has he played Basketball or Football at an elite level? Has he coached elite athletes?

Now Stephen A...who I like, he's like a brother to me, we have coffee and snacks every other thursday....only legitimizes Skip's nonsense by engaging him in debate. None of these story lines go anywhere if it wasnt for the debate on First Take. They are using the Barbershop theme, with the hood music to lull you ? to sleep while they stay clowning you.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I liked Cold Pizza nad First take but the quality of sports talk on the show has gione down as the more focus of Skip and Stephen as' charachters have risen..... I wanna hear good debate onnall sports topics not jsut Tebow and Lebron. I dont wanna hear Stephen A yelling and making faces all show at Skip and Skip trolling with that grin on his face all show. There is a reason both Jay and Dana left from hosting and now they have a simple black eye candy up there for them to talk over the whole show.
  • S2J
    edited November 2012
    @rage

So you havin coffee and snacks with Stephen A.? Do tell...

But I havent even been speakin on Skip bayless. Im responding specificlly to the comment that ESPN is 'exploiting' us by usuing relateable former players and analysts:

exploit
    1. to take advantage of (a person, situation, etc.), esp unethically or unjustly for one's own ends

-Having a 7 rd old girl showcased on TV for her ignorance = exploitation
    -Showing the worst of a bad situation for entertainment gain = exploitation

Tell me, who is the person being taken advanage of in this situation?? Me?!?!? Lol

Exploitation without a victim is not exploitation, it's called MARKETING! Ruth Chris makes a bomb ass steak, are they exploting people who like to eat? Lol Cmon man

Talkin bout 'Lull us in'- ngga, to WHAT? A race war? To buy liqour? watermelon? I mean what are yall talkin bout. Lmao...

• waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Hold up man...

i disagree for

Bruh what the HELL are you talkin bout.

Skip the political correct bullshyt, if you dont know what a real ngga means you talkin to the wrong person.

But Ok, so i don't offend you (lol & smh), when i say 'real ngga' it means 'ok, as someone who grew up on XYZ, with XYZ background, i recognize this guy'...it does NOT mean 'he's a real black man'. SMH

So when i see Stephen A. at a Kevin Hart show, i recognize him.
    When i hear Jalen Rose quoting a random ass Beastie Boys song, I recognize him.
    When i hear the TNT crew clowning on Lebron's hairline, i recognize them.

And above all, they all are simultaneously articulate, and dont have to chnge who they are.

that's what i thought.........ask a question what type of ? is ESPN going after........and i get this ? ...or you just put every ? in box right????? kind of like white folks, alright......

and look here homie im a grown ass man i dont take offense to a person i dont know from a ? hole in the ground but whatever......if that's your definition of a real ? then it is what is.

it seems like you the got offended screaming political ? , lol.

• waterproof
    Hold up man...

The DIFFERENCE is that ESPN is using First Take to legitimize racisim. Listen to the discussions on that show 9 times out of 10 its either about Lebron or Tebow. Skip's glorification of Tebow and demonization of Lebron is racisim....on a very subtle and clever level. Everybody in the NFL knows that Tebow is a joke and overrated as ? ...why is he overrated? Because Skip Bayless can go on ESPN every morning and pound away at how much of a "winner" Tebow is. Everybody in the NBA knows that Lebron has been the best player in the league for the past 2 to 3 years, Skip Bayless had him out of the top 5 last year. When Bron WON the MVP, Finals MVP, and Championship...the very next day Skip comes on and points out that he didnt shoot well from the 3. Meanwhile Tebow can't throw a 20 foot screen pass...Skip pushes that to the side continuously. Skip's JOB on First Take is to take the old white man angle the Clint Eastwood "get off my lawn" role. He CONTINUOUSLY talks about whats in an athletes mind....WTF? Who the ? is Skip to talk about what motivates an athlete? What makes Skip a qualified analyst to put a value on that? Has he played Basketball or Football at an elite level? Has he coached elite athletes?

Now Stephen A...who I like, he's like a brother to me, we have coffee and snacks every other thursday....only legitimizes Skip's nonsense by engaging him in debate. None of these story lines go anywhere if it wasnt for the debate on First Take. They are using the Barbershop theme, with the hood music to lull you ? to sleep while they stay clowning you.

and they going for a certain type of ? , and that's killer....i am a stephen a fan, listen to his radio, read his timeline and enjoyed his show......but i also watch ESPN for a long ? time and they love ? on blacks, every time that i got to the point i stop watching espn....there was a thread in the cheap seats about espn and their views on black athlete's
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hold up man...

and they going for a certain type of ? , and that's killer....i am a stephen a fan, listen to his radio, read his timeline and enjoyed his show......but i also watch ESPN for a long ? time and they love ? on blacks, every time that i got to the point i stop watching espn....there was a thread in the cheap seats about espn and their views on black athlete's

praise tebow for being a winner but ? on Vince young who was a winner doin the same thing.... bash Lebron and TO but big up Bret Fave and his ways... bring on rappers to the show for debate to draw urban black audience in.... have Stephen A loud talk like a fool for no reason while talking in slang and hip (just like Stewards Scott and his bouyah and cool as the other side of the pillow comments) hell even Bouchegrass (misspelled his name) be making slang comments during highlights. It aint hard to see what they be doing at times.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    aneed123 wrote: »
    I liked Cold Pizza nad First take but the quality of sports talk on the show has gione down as the more focus of Skip and Stephen as' charachters have risen..... I wanna hear good debate onnall sports topics not jsut Tebow and Lebron. I dont wanna hear Stephen A yelling and making faces all show at Skip and Skip trolling with that grin on his face all show. There is a reason both Jay and Dana left from hosting and now they have a simple black eye candy up there for them to talk over the whole show.

what i don't understand is they talk about the same topic 3 different times in the show
  • white715
    white715 Members Posts: 7,744 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Witlock had me dead when he said Shaq was starting the season outta shape as usual
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jason shitlock
  • thefabmd2dc
    thefabmd2dc Members Posts: 2,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No clue what this dude is talking about
    Skip changed the show up wit Sas because ? finally got popular when there was a consistent dissenting opinion against skips.
    No one wants to watch pti or ath because they don't just shoot the ? about anything like they do on first take.

? meet kettle jason