#RespectMyCampaign Thread, Officially Drops November 1st

Comments

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sion. wrote: »
    Alright fam I'm gonna unstick this thread for @A1000Miles' Practice Make Profit mixtape.....

aight mane, preciate u puttin it up there
  • Peezy_Jenkins
  • jayhi22
    jayhi22 Members Posts: 911 ✭✭✭✭
    Just downloaded the tape. I'll be checking it out today!
  • Gen. Stasia
    Gen. Stasia Members Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is your mixtape on Youtube? Only big names have their projects on youtube and they don't put it up. Perception is everything so people click on videos that have numbers attached and you are watering yourself down by doing so.

*Drops 2 Cents*
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    i just put it up pretty much everywhere i could possibly put it up
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    jayhi22 wrote: »
    Just downloaded the tape. I'll be checking it out today!

I Appreciate It!
  • Gen. Stasia
    i just put it up pretty much everywhere i could possibly put it up

That's not good for numbers tho.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    lol im as indy as it gets, ill be thankful for 5 d/l's, ion care bout numbers being hurt, besides, maybe seein the youtube may lead to them clickin the link to d/l
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    i do have more than 5 d\l's btw.
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ima check dis out when i get time u already kno i got u GRIP
  • Gen. Stasia
    Oh alright. I just know how people are. Even when I'm on Youtube I rarely click a video with less than 100 views. That's just human nature to move with the crowd.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Preciate that mane
  • jayhi22
    "A humble ? but on the low though, I be ? for power"

You crushed that 2nd verse bro
  • jayhi22
    I'm ? with almost every track.

Starts off nice, but right in the middle, I felt the songs were a little forced.

Maximize, Live It, Bottom Of The Map, & Like My Status all felt like throwaway tracks to me.

I think Live It could have been better by having a better hook though.

Overall, I'm feeling this ? . Nice project.

I Got Next is on repeat!

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

we coming for ours!!!!

• Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh alright. I just know how people are. Even when I'm on Youtube I rarely click a video with less than 100 views. That's just human nature to move with the crowd.

That's sheep nature to move with the crowd

& unfortunately a lot of folks have been conditioned to have a sheep mentality, as you yourself admitted to having
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Brian B. wrote: »

& unfortunately a lot of folks have been conditioned to have a sheep mentality, as you yourself admitted to having

i comend her for that cause most of us are sheep to but wont own up to it .... it is what it is .... it all depends on what homeys goals are ...

+ u gotta start somewhere wether it be 10 views or 1million views ........................

side note about to download this joint and check it out mane .!!

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    antarticp wrote: »

i comend her for that cause most of us are sheep to but wont own up to it .... it is what it is .... it all depends on what homeys goals are ...

+ u gotta start somewhere wether it be 10 views or 1million views ........................

side note about to download this joint and check it out mane .!!

lol no smiley faces? i'm shocked!
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    preciate the downloads guys, if ur feeling it please spread the word!
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm ? with almost every track.

Starts off nice, but right in the middle, I felt the songs were a little forced.

Maximize, Live It, Bottom Of The Map, & Like My Status all felt like throwaway tracks to me.

I think Live It could have been better by having a better hook though.

Overall, I'm feeling this ? . Nice project.

I Got Next is on repeat!

easily da best IC collab da chemistry on there was unmatched
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Monizzle14 wrote: »
    i would say get your name out there more. Most rappers over promote and spam facebook twitter etc. But ? you got 7 month old videos with 20 something views! You gotta find a way to get people to at least look at the videos and ? .

Are you doin local shows? Is your fam behind your music? There is not reason in this day and age a video should have less than a 100 views after a few months minimum.

i was considering making a thread asking how the average I.C. Rapper promotes and goes about they career outisde of the internet. Do any of them do shows? Pass out flyers? Have a nice local fan base even if its just a few people in a small town. I know some of them dont grind outside of hoping to catch a soljah boy tyoe of deal. Matter fact im bout to go head n make it.
  • Serious Juice Mayne
    Serious Juice Mayne Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 5,926 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Gen. Stasia
    edited November 2012

*Shrugs* McDonalds ain't complaining about the fat people who keep them in business so why complain about the sheep who can potentially put money in ur pocket?

I'm thinking about the new fans you can obtain through Youtube. A lot of people browse Youtube by the related videos that's why tags are so important. And sadly people look at numbers and if they go on ur channel and you have 20 video all under 100 views what's going to make them click it? People don't care about the Come Up anymore they want the finished product. But Hey I'm learning like everyone else but those are somethings I've learned.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

*Shrugs* McDonalds ain't complaining about the fat people who keep them in business so why complain about the sheep who can potentially put money in ur pocket?

I'm thinking about the new fans you can obtain through Youtube. A lot of people browse Youtube by the related videos that's why tags are so important. And sadly people look at numbers and if they go on ur channel and you have 20 video all under 100 views what's going to make them click it? People don't care about the Come Up anymore they want the finished product. But Hey I'm learning like everyone else but those are somethings I've learned.

Lol that's not a very good analogy w/ the fat people

they keep goin back to Mickey D's cuz they more than likely like the food.. not cuz they see others doin it

while on the other hand, sheep will listen to your music not cuz they like it, cuz they see the majority doin so

w/ the sheep mentality they'll be like "since everybody likes it, it must be good"

• Gen. Stasia

Lol that's not a very good analogy w/ the fat people

they keep goin back to Mickey D's cuz they more than likely like the food.. not cuz they see others doin it

while on the other hand, sheep will listen to your music not cuz they like it, cuz they see the majority doin so

w/ the sheep mentality they'll be like "since everybody likes it, it must be good"

How u know people don't become fans after being put on? For example Kendrick Lamar a lot of people just recently became fans of him u think they going to pick up and leave? Even tho the product is Great? My point is u have to actually get ppl to LISTEN first whether they like u or not is something else.

Marketing is Universal because everyone running around yelling ppl are sheep is effected by the same marketing techniques. Its human nature to want to fit in its a survival instinct. So u have to find ways to use that in your favor as an Artist trying to get heard.