Comments

• ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    20 years young btw. I got time
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For the past 4 years up until this year, I've been procrastinating a lot. Due to factors in my personal life and my lack of confidence in my own music, I haven't really done anything with it. This year I decided to snap out of it and get my grind on. I'm starting small now, but I got a movement behind me. Just need some finances and a bigger fanbase, and I can get things rolling. 25 btw.
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    didnt berner sell a lotta weed or some ? ?

He own a cannabis club in San Francisco. Rumor is he started getting dope features for only a ounce of good ass weed.

ha ha leverage is everything lol ;) being in ny @ one time it sounds funny but having a car was crazy leverage for me LOL ;)
  • antarticp
    Options

He own a cannabis club in San Francisco. Rumor is he started getting dope features for only a ounce of good ass weed.
    That explains how he got wiz on a song lmao

Yea its a video of Wiz in his shop before Wiz blew up on youtube.

Berner networking game is crazy. Went from being a joke to one of the top ? in the bay area music scene. All pretty much from networking. He put out collab albums with people who could carry his ass on the beat and it turned into a video on mtv and monthly videos on worldstarhiphop.

honestly thats the game right there ... everyone starts off wack and unknown ... only the strong will make it past that point tho ... but thats hip hop everyone goes thru it .... even guys like Jayz ... so your not going to be exempt ....!!!!!!!! thats the "challenge" of the game outside of the other bs you gotta deal with on your come up
  • antarticp
    Options
    shtoopid wrote: »
    I sell cd's but it's mostly to the homies. I also do a some shows here and there.

[img]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/558519_10152111563415151_574338982_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://sphotos-a.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/297682_509650835727179_1660198754_n.jpg[/img]

[img]http://sphotos-b.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/302297_4330506905940_189662963_n.jpg[/img]

I need to hustle harder but I've been busy with school, plus I'm hella inefficient with my time.

lol hey they always say success starts with owning up to your faults ;)

• antarticp
    Options
    (ob)Scene wrote: »
    My crew & I get hard copies printed up for all of our projects. We don't sell them or anything though. We use it more so as a networking tool when out & about. A person you meet is a lot more likely to listen to your music if you have a physical copy to give them as opposed to just giving them a link or telling them to google/datpiff you; b/c you can never trust that they'll go home & do it or even remember to.

Besides, at this point money isn't even a motive for us musically. We just want to be heard. Keep providing dope tunes & the cash will follow.

As far as shows I do open mics whenever & wherever I can. I tried out & made it through for Apollo auditions last month. My Apollo performance is mid February.

I just turned 19 last week.

thats whats up lil nigglett lol keep grinding your on the right path and got your whole life in front of you ....
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

Berner networking game is crazy. Went from being a joke to one of the top ? in the bay area music scene. All pretty much from networking. He put out collab albums with people who could carry his ass on the beat and it turned into a video on mtv and monthly videos on worldstarhiphop.

honestly thats the game right there ... everyone starts off wack and unknown ... only the strong will make it past that point tho ... but thats hip hop everyone goes thru it .... even guys like Jayz ... so your not going to be exempt ....!!!!!!!! thats the "challenge" of the game outside of the other bs you gotta deal with on your come up

yea this was his first project. ? was goin in on the cover..........
    goldtoes-berner-pockets.jpg

but he took the money from that album n flipped it until he got to this point....
    JuicyBernerWiz-e1325440627924.jpeg

hows life Berner?
    Berner.jpg
  • antarticp
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Im 31 turn 32 ...12/19 ;) .... ive been grinding and studying this game hard since 2003 ... ive been rapping and attempted to make beats my entire life ... in 03 tho i started playing more of a behind the scenes roll in the game .... ive pretty much done everything but make beats and record a song i wrote ... i interned for asylum records from 2005-2006 which is an incubator label for Warner Music ... Tod Moscowitz who is now the head of Warner used to be the head of Asylum Records and Joe IE who yall should here his name alot was Director of A&R during the time i was intern and yeah Jim Jones was also VP of A&R @ the time ....

also had did a crazy indy grind locally in my home state delaware ... and even did alot of work in philly & south carolina during our run ... Performed @ almost every possible place you can perform in delaware ... most places more than once ... Done sold mad cds ... i done sold @least 1,500-2,000 thru my own hands and maybe gave away another 5,000k+ cds .... i got a nice little scheme on how to increase you sale probability too when trying to sell to strangers on the streets ... i also done did mad music videos, album gfx, passed out a million flyers literally .... every party i did and project i was involved with ... i printed up @least 10k+ flyers per event or project ... i dont like to toot my own horn but ive pretty done it all ... successfully and failed ... i know exactly what works and what quite doesnt .... done gotten my artist nomimated for a justo ... worked with DJ Big Mike when he was hot ... performed with meek mills, tpain, dj khaled and we had a show with jada but it got cancled due to some security bs ... i build relationships with all the sites and had my artist on them from hiphopgame.com to video sites like wordstarhiphop (before anyone was on to WSHH paid $60 for our first video guess what folks pay today!!!! lol) ... funny thing is i personally know Grouchy Greg but we have yet to make it to his website ... ALTHO my man grouchy has helped us get in the local news paper for Delaware ... SO def salute my man grouchy ..... PLUS !! i always looked @ when ever we do make AHH itll be a major step not some small ? ... cause Grouchy still has yet to feature his own bro and hes been rapping just as long as my crew and has done some major ish ....... aslo got Doc B (DJ for Power 99) behind us and spun my artist record on Power 99 just off the strength of our movement and business relationship ......

long story shot ive done alot of ? .......

but present im working on building and managing myself .... not managing any artist anymore but i dont mind building and sharing knowledge .... so ask me anything i'll answer it as honest as possible if i can answer it ...

but more specifically im getting into production and writing ... and im also affilated with our local Radio station here in Delaware 101.7 Kiss FM ... im apart of radio show that goes down every other sunday from 6pm-7pm ... show is bds tracked commercial radio ... i can assist yall with getting radio play during our show and interviews and any other promo you'd like to do during our show ... when yall are ready for that def holla @ me ...... we were suppose to have D-Bloc & Wu up there on 10/28 but yall all know what happen ........

so thats it like i said i got million more ish i could say ... but it my take me a year to complete and yall aint trying to read all that ish ....... Get @ me ........ @antarticP

Music video I directed and edited ...my man lou shot this one in his basement (greenscreen) ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qN6BNcpGAI8

One of my artist (Sire Lee) Performing WIth Meek Mill, DJ Khaled, Gilly etc.... i also filmed and edited and uploaded this joint

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JRhOlUOPqg&feature=plcp

and heres a video of one of our parties i threw .... halloween edition since that just past .... also filmed and edited this joint too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xa6tP4u7ynw

@3:13 yall can see me in the cut on some fredo ? #WORKING lol wearing the Yellow azure shirt ... the asylum offices aka the HOOD office LOL ;) i was bigger back then too lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=i6RMZWYEN14#t=193s

and keep in mind this is delaware ... if we can do all this ? from here you guys can do the same from where yall from ........... just be consistent and stay on it once you know exactly what your doing .....
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    This is A.G.Cubano. He used to be in front of hella different types of clubs and bars on cold ass San Francisco nights. From hip hop to house clubs. My patna was into different types of music. So I would run into A.G. quite often. While I was passing out flyers for different events he was passing out flyers n selling CDs.

A.G.%20Cubano%20-%20Shase%20Paper.jpg

now he's Maybach Music Latino. I enjoy watching the grind.....

Bugsy%252C+Gunplay%252C+BaRock+Urbano%252C+AG+Cubano%252C+Neff.jpg
  • antarticp
    Options
    antarticp wrote: »

yea this was his first project. ? was goin in on the cover..........

but he took the money from that album n flipped it until he got to this point....

hows life Berner?
    Berner.jpg

Man Chris Lighty said it best ... PERSISTENCE OVER COMES RESISTANCE .... REAL TALK !!!!!!!! ;)

• blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I do spoken word events I really just gotta get my money right my city isbased on materialism an dance songs
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    O an do did shows at usf an othe local colleges
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    @_Menace_

can you add to this?
  • antarticp
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I do spoken word events I really just gotta get my money right my city isbased on materialism an dance songs

in a sense its a good thing ...

ive been fortunate enuff to not have to think like an artist ... and got to analyze alot of why people do what they do ...

but @ the end of the day your town isnt much different from any other town or city accross america ... imo we only differ by population ...

but imo take advantage of those insecurities that you see ... ie ... i did alot of parties cause i notice the local promoters were getting

more love than the local artist were (really local artist were getting no love) ... strictly cause they thru parties and could possibly get you
    in the parties for free if you happen to befriend that local promoter .... and what i really found out most people just want to hang around

the guy or girl who knows where its poppin @ ... every party i did i had @least 4-5 chicks around me ... just to be around me ... imagin what

i could do with that kind of love as an artist ... its fake ... but if your an artist trying to make moves ... TAKE ADVANTAGE OF IT !!!!!!

• _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @_Menace_

can you add to this?

What do you want me to add?

all my songs get views plays and d/l's

I actually have people off the IC listening to my tracks...

My first mixtape was a d/l

my next one will be a d/l and a solid copy I would sell for 3$

Im going to copy 200CDs and push em and if I can sell em fast then I'll copy another 200.

I would do shows cause that's a good way to get a fanbase.

• Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lab Baby wrote: »
    For the past 4 years up until this year, I've been procrastinating a lot. Due to factors in my personal life and my lack of confidence in my own music, I haven't really done anything with it. This year I decided to snap out of it and get my grind on. I'm starting small now, but I got a movement behind me. Just need some finances and a bigger fanbase, and I can get things rolling. 25 btw.

been thru this, same age as well
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Can't say I haven't had hoop dreams w/ this rap ?

but now it's more therapeutic than anything
    cuz I'd say about 90% of the time when I'm listening to music it's some ? I did (beats or songs)

Ima re-record "808 & Smoke Breaks"
    finish "Rap Or Die: My Life On The Line"

then I'm retiring from rap (like I've done something lol) & jus gonna focus on these beats, cuz I love makin a beat more than writing a rap lately

brianb.bandcamp.com/releases

brianb.bandcamp.com/album/liteyrs

my two latest beat tapes, mite do another
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Used to rap but just lost passion for dat ? a few months ago due to personal problems nd letdowns production wise. But when I was in high school we was sellin CD's outta my locker had da whole town knowin my name back in 2010 had an article in da school paper, played my songs ova football stadiums it was a nice feelin but if i record again its gon be for fun im completely done trynna pursue dat ? as a career
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I have a home recording set-up that I use and invite anyone down to use, (not a lot of people have this equipment I guess) and that allows me to network with different artists, groups, and fans through working with that person. The internet is important because I feel it's the first stepping stone to something bigger, as a lot of the other promotional stuff just takes along time. As for selling music out of the trunk, I feel like that's a dying trend.
  • RawAce
    RawAce Members Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CL
    you made a nice,smooth,dope ass beat

then rapped all types of awkward over it

wtf man

wtf
  • LOLCL
    LOLCL Members Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RawAce wrote: »
    CL
    you made a nice,smooth,dope ass beat

then rapped all types of awkward over it

wtf man

wtf

Good looks lmao
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    keep on #hustlin
  • mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options
    I make damn good beats (98% of them sample free) and don't give them to anybody. None of that trap style ? either. I let people hear them though. I'm just looking for a rapper I actually believe in to put them behind.
  • Little JJ
    Little JJ Members Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm actually one of the top hip-hop promoters in Atlanta so if your trying to get your name and music out into the streets of Atlanta then ? with me.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    Little JJ wrote: »
    I'm actually one of the top hip-hop promoters in Atlanta so if your trying to get your name and music out into the streets of Atlanta then ? with me.

You a flyer passer outter. Keep ya ducktales outta my thread.

Thank you