The Interrupters

Options
jman252
jman252 Members Posts: 95 ✭✭
edited October 2012 in The Social Lounge
Good view on what a group of ex gang members are doing to try and stop gang violence in Chicago. Steve James(Director of Hoop Dreams and No Crossover: The Trial of Allen Iverson directed this. http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/interrupters/

Comments

• Lurker6
    Lurker6 Members Posts: 4,508 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    frontline has the best documentaries if anyone has never watched them i suggest u check out their website and watch them
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i watched this a couple of months ago ....this ? was great ... i think it was ameena ...man that lady was the truth ... s/o to them cats for putting themselves on the line like that ...
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    thanks to living near scenic Baltimore, Maryland, i just assume groups like these are a scam somehow
  • Plutarch
    Plutarch Members Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nice drop. I'll try to make some time to sit down and check this out. Ever since I was a kid, I could always count on PBS to pull through. Nas wasn't lying when he said, "Make a ? want to invest in PBS."

The situation in Chicago seems to be very bleak. At least this documentary shows that there's some positive resistance in all of this. I just hope that they're trying to get rid of the gangs altogether instead of trying to legitimize the gangs like they unsuccessfully did in the 80s and 90s. But I might as well call these guys martyrs because those gangs do not play around for anyone, let alone those who they see as traitors.
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    thanks to living near scenic Baltimore, Maryland, i just assume groups like these are a scam somehow

idk bruh .....one of these "interrupters" got they ass blasted trying to resolve a conflict in one of the chicago hoods .... ? seems pretty trill if you ask me
  • janklow
    Options
    idk bruh .....one of these "interrupters" got they ass blasted trying to resolve a conflict in one of the chicago hoods .... ? seems pretty trill if you ask me
    counterpoint: if they're doing dirt, they might get blasted related to that
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    counterpoint: if they're doing dirt, they might get blasted related to that

meh ...i suppose
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ameena is a ? rider my ? lol

another great film snubbed by the Oscars
  • janklow
    Options
    meh ...i suppose
    to be clear, i am not HOPING these dudes are shady, but, well, you know

• Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There s a great piece about it from the writer and the director in the Chicagoan