Ann Coulter: Civil Rights are for Blacks

Young_Chitlin
Young_Chitlin Members Posts: 23,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2012 in R & R (Religion and Race)
Ann Coulter: ‘Civil rights are for blacks...what have we done to the immigrants?'

By Dylan Stableford, Yahoo! News | The Ticket

On ABC's "This Week With George Stephanopoulos" on Sunday, Ann Coulter said the Democratic party has shifted its strategic campaign focus to the Latino vote ahead of the November elections. Of course, the conservative firebrand phrased it a little differently.

"Democrats are dropping the blacks and moving on to the Hispanics," Coulter said during a roundtable discussion that featured Coulter, Univision anchor Jorge Ramos, former Clinton labor secretary Robert ? and former Obama domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes.

Coulter's comments came in response to Ramos, who accused the GOP platform of ignoring immigration. "If Republicans don't do something with immigration," Ramos said, "they're going to lose not only this election, they might lose the White House for a generation."

Romney, ? said, "is basically taking a position that is anti a large and the fastest growing segment of the electorate."

Earlier, Coulter was asked by about her criticism that Democrats have largely abandoned African-Americans when it comes to civil rights.

"I think the way liberals have treated blacks like children and many of their policies have been harmful to blacks, at least they got the beneficiary group right," Coulter said. "There is the legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws. We don't owe the homeless. We don't owe feminists. We don't owe women who are desirous of having abortions or ? who want to get married to one another. That's what civil rights has become for much of the left."

"Immigrant rights are not civil rights?" Stephanopoulos asked.

"No," Coulter responded, "No. I think civil rights are for blacks. What have we done to the immigrants? We owe black people something. We have a legacy of slavery. Immigrants haven't even been in this country."

Comments

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bignorm
    bignorm Members Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol. Ann tryin to make us forget JJ Walker creampies her erry night.
    She's a troll.
  • Amotekun
    Amotekun Members Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a whole lot of truth in that statement, but I still wanna slap that ? for how she just casually mentioned american atrocities on african descendants.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2012
    She really trying to divide and conquer. She should mention the Indians too, oh and the fuckery that the United States funded in South America. Black people fought for their rights, she acts like we got a free ride. These people are fighting for their rights too. There is no one better then the other when it comes to oppression. I just don't like people comparing the movements, they are different situations calling for different measures. Black folks need to make more noise if they wanna be heard.
  • heyslick
    heyslick Members Posts: 1,179
    This is another issue that gets avoided - WOW! So the POTUS is making a special/new federal bureaucracy - WOW!

Posted on July 31, 2012 Obama Asks Public Schools to Ignore Bad Behavior by Black Students
    Kyle Rogers, Examiner, July 30, 2012

Barack Obama’s “African American Education Initiative” creates a new Federal bureaucracy. One of its goals will be to stop disciplinary action against black public school students who misbehave.

Back in 2007, I had two white female public school teachers tell me why Barack Obama was desperately needed as president. They said that black male students have no male role models. If only Obama was elected, black male students would improve their behavior and academic performance, they claimed.

In many major cities, black academic performance has actually gotten worse since Obama took office. We have also seen the dramatic nationwide rise of black teen mob violence under the Obama administration.

http://www.amren.com/news/2012/07/obama-asks-public-schools-to-ignore-bad-behavior-by-black-students/

• Jabu_Rule
    lol, they finally put this ? behind bars? Don't drop the soap. /no ?
  • heyslick
    FuriousOne wrote: »

Don't fret - I'll be GONE forever real soon....I've had ALL I can stand of this black man and his policies.

• playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anne Coulter is a horse faced ? ..someone needs to drop a piano on her hed ive been tired of her ? for years.. and people by her ? ...
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    She said some truth, but Civil rights extend more than just black people.
  • whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/26/executive-order-white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am

That is the actual text of the executive order.

The entire portion that MIGHT be construed as "asking public schools to ignore bad behavior" is this ...

"(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;"

This is the basic problem with conservative currently. They are getting bad information.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited October 2012
    heyslick wrote: »

Don't fret - I'll be GONE forever real soon....I've had ALL I can stand of this black man and his policies.

Well, if you're planning to off yourself, i will not offer a rebuttal. Commence.

• heyslick

Well, if you're planning to off yourself, i will not offer a rebuttal. Commence.

I won't renege - Obama will be re-elected & as I stated previously I will leave this site IE PERMANENTLY! I despise/loathe HIS ideology and everything he stands for.

• heyslick
    whar wrote: »
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2012/07/26/executive-order-white-house-initiative-educational-excellence-african-am

The entire portion that MIGHT be construed as "asking public schools to ignore bad behavior" is this ...

"(iii) decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals of African American children from general education to special education by addressing the root causes of the referrals and eradicating discriminatory referrals;"

This is the basic problem with conservative currently. They are getting bad information.

I just CANNOT follow the mentality of this President - I read most of that info within the link you provided & IMO the bottom-line is NO real responsibility is taken by parents. I say ? to those funding issues...just read this.

If DC was a state, it would be the state with the highest average per pupil expenditure and the lowest average performance. More money does not equal better test scores.

Missouri leads the nation in its black/white state funding gap. The state has spent billions of dollars in a failed effort to improve the academic performance of black students. Majority black schools in St. Louis and Kansas City have[/B] Olympic sized swimming pools, lavish theater and music departments, and state of the art computer labs. Per pupil spending is over double that of poor majority white public schools in the Ozark Mountain region of Missouri.

Once again, we see that the over-funding of black students yields no benefits. The very poor white students in the Ozarks have none of the lavish amenities enjoyed by the black students. However, the poor whites in the Ozarks outperform the better funded black students in the big cities.

I just CANNOT believe how this President is ignoring the real issue.....so now he wants to excuse bad behavior...and that excuses the parent from their responsibility as a parent.......WOW!

• heyslick
    whar wrote: »

I agree, there's a LOT that is good about the initiative in theory. But there are a lot of words on that paper for which there are no specific action plans developed.

Particularly disturbing, and what this thread is about is the clause:

"Promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals to special education by addressing root causes of the referrals"

How, exactly, are we going to do this? And what will it mean? It sounds like we're going to give some students a pass based on race.

And if you're wondering where those words came from - they came from the White House website:
    [link to www.whitehouse.gov]

• whar
    whar Members Posts: 347 ✭✭✭
    Promoting a positive school climate that does not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools, and decreasing the disproportionate number of referrals to special education by addressing root causes of the referrals

This statement means

1. There will be one standard for all students. "does not rely on methods that rely on disparate use of disciplinary tools"
    2. An attempt to reduce the number of referrals by not just issuing a punishment but seeking the cause of the referral itself. If the cause is addressable then future referrals can be avoided.

That is my take on it based on my understanding of the English language. The statement as written seeks to end different rules based on race rather then introduce them.
  • heyslick
    whar - you take President obamas executive order one way, and this article explains it in another way. So I guess the truth is somewhere in the middle? or maybe this is just plain BS & some/to many ONLY afew black students are really that bad and they just need to be coddled more & treated differently than others.

Posted on July 31, 2012 Obama Asks Public Schools to Ignore Bad Behavior by Black Students
    Kyle Rogers, Examiner, July 30, 2012

Barack Obama’s “African American Education Initiative” creates a new Federal bureaucracy. One of its goals will be to stop disciplinary action against black public school students who misbehave.
    Back in 2007, I had two white female public school teachers tell me why Barack Obama was desperately needed as president. They said that black male students have no male role models. If only Obama was elected, black male students would improve their behavior and academic performance, they claimed.

In many major cities, black academic performance has actually gotten worse since Obama took office. We have also seen the dramatic nationwide rise of black teen mob violence under the Obama administration.

On July 26, Obama signed an executive order titled the “African American Education Initiative.” The order essentially gives a green light for black students to misbehave in public schools. In two places, Obama’s executive order calls on schools to reduce the number disciplinary actions taken against blacks students. The order specifically calls on schools to “not rely on methods that result in disparate use of disciplinary tools.”

To comply, public schools would have to engage in a racial quota system of discipline[/B]. The executive order will create a new Federal bureaucracy to pressure school systems to comply with the president’s demands. The executive order makes no mention of any effort to get black students to improve behavior.

Imo - like the article states this Ex-order is gonna create problems within so many troubled schools - I just don't follow this kind of logic. Honestly this President has divided this country and now he's excusing bad behavior - WOW! So what's gonna happen when the troubled black youth start beating up on the teachers and other students....& they claim they shouldn't be held responsible BECAUSE President Obama said otherwise - WOW!!!! WTF has happened to this country? OH pardon me - we're in the middle of the transformation cycle I guess I'm just not looking 'forward' like others do??

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    I've had ALL I can stand of this black man and his policies.
    ...and since "his policies" seem mainly to be judged by you as "being a black dude"... i guess what these means is "i've had all i can stand of this black man being black?"

• heyslick
    janklow wrote: »
    I've had ALL I can stand of this black man and his policies.
    ...and since "his policies" seem mainly to be judged by you as "being a black dude"... i guess what these means is "i've had all i can stand of this black man being black?"

You do just like most do - does it really matter what his policies are about? NO! because if one states their objections to said policies....OUT comes the redundant race card.

• Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love this woman.
  • heyslick
    Ajackson17 wrote: »
    I love this woman.

I think mister 'DyNOmite' loves her to - WOW! they sure do make an ODD couple.

• janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    You do just like most do - does it really matter what his policies are about? NO! because if one states their objections to said policies....OUT comes the redundant race card.
    there's no "redundant race card" being played here. you CONSTANTLY harp on the fact that he is black. if it was about his policies, you could state that without ever mentioning his race. and yet...
  • Cymicaldane
    Cymicaldane Members Posts: 2,109 ✭✭✭✭✭
    An old song goes:
    You're wrong 'bout wearing fur and not hating Ann Coulter
    Cause she's a c*nted c*nt