124»

Comments

• waterproof
    waterproof Members Posts: 9,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Poll: Obama leads in Wisconsin
    Posted by
    CNN's Dana Davidsen
    (CNN) – A new poll of likely voters in Wisconsin shows President Barack Obama with an eight point lead over Republican nominee Mitt Romney in the state.

The Marquette University Law School poll indicates 51% of likely Wisconsin voters backing the president while 43% support Romney. Obama's lead falls outside the survey's sampling error of plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.

Previous surveys of Wisconsin voters, however, show a much tighter race between the presidential hopefuls in the Badger State.

An NBC/Wall Street Journal/Marist poll released on October 18 showed Obama with 51% of support among likely voters and 45% of support for Romney. The six point margin falls within the survey's sampling error, meaning the two candidates are statistically tied in the state.

The last Marquette University poll released October 17 indicated Obama with 49% of support among likely voters in the state and Romney with 48%. Obama's one point edge also falls within the survey's sampling error.

Ten percent of likely voters in Wisconsin said they have voted early. Among early voters, 56% have supported the president and 36% backed Romney with 1% voting for third party candidates. The poll showed a similar trend in the U.S. Senate race. Democrat Rep. Tammy Baldwin received 52% support among early voters to Republican and former governor Tommy Thompson's 36% and 1% support for third party candidates.

Wisconsin, with its ten electoral votes, is a battleground state in the race for the White House and has been frequented by the campaigns and their surrogates as the days dwindle down to November 6.

Romney's running mate Rep. Paul Ryan is campaigning in Wisconsin, his home state, on Wednesday and will trick-or-treat with his children in his congressional district in Janesville for Halloween.

The Marquette poll also indicates a heated battle for the Senate. Baldwin has slight advantage over Thompson – 47% to Thompson's 43%. The Democratic candidate's edge falls within the poll's sampling error. Ten percent of likely voters were undecided or had no preference. In the previous Marquette poll, Thompson had 46% support and Baldwin had 45%.

The Marquette poll was conducted by telephone from October 25-28 among 1,243 likely voters in Wisconsin. The survey's sampling error is plus or minus 2.8 percentage points.
  • waterproof
    Options
    Thursday, November 1, 2012

National '12 President General Election
    Mitt Romney 49%
    Barack Obama 47%
    Undecided 3%
    Other 1%
    Rasmussen Reports10/28/2012-10/31/20123000 likely voters

Iowa '12 President General Election
    Barack Obama 50%
    Mitt Romney 44%
    Undecided 4%
    Other 2%
    NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College10/28/2012-10/29/20121142 likely voters

Nevada '12 Presidential General Election
    Barack Obama 50%
    Mitt Romney 46%
    Undecided 2%
    Gary Johnson 1%
    None of these 1%
    Virgil Goode 1% Survey USA10/23/2012-10/29/20121,212 likely voters

New Hampshire '12 President General Election
    Barack Obama 49%
    Mitt Romney 47%
    Undecided 3%
    Other 1% NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist10/28/2012-10/29/20121013 likely voters

Washington '12 Presidential General Election
    Barack Obama 54%
    Mitt Romney 40% SurveyUSA/KING 510/28/2012-10/31/2012555 likely voters

Wisconsin '12 Presidential General Election
    Barack Obama 49%
    Mitt Romney 46%
    Undecided 3%
    Other 2% NBC News/Wall Street Journal/Marist College10/28/2012-10/29/20121065 likely voters

• kingblaze84
    kingblaze84 Members Posts: 14,288 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Based on state and national polls I've been seeing lately, Obama will have a solid win next week
  • waterproof
    Options
    Based on state and national polls I've been seeing lately, Obama will have a solid win next week

@kingblaze84 give your thoughts on voting in the WHY DO YOU VOTE THREAD, im looking forward to hear your thoughts and want to know what proposition you voting on and the candidates in your local. state elections

• ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    republicans will cheat to win the election like they are doing now
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »

@kingblaze84 give your thoughts on voting in the WHY DO YOU VOTE THREAD, im looking forward to hear your thoughts and want to know what proposition you voting on and the candidates in your local. state elections

I gave my thoughts in your thread, although I don't know much about local propositions going on in New York or my borough of the Bronx. I will likely vote mostly Democrat and Independent on the local level though as I usually do.
  • kingblaze84
    Options

Maybe you're right, but if that's the case how did Obama win in 2008 then?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

I don't remember seeing such an extreme effort in 2008. McCain and not Romney was running then and Romney has been accused of stealing the votes even during his primary. He's proven to be a very desperate man. Just look at the voter ID laws that are all of a sudden so needed in this election but weren't talked about in 2008. I don't think that their efforts are large enough (crosses fingers) but they are trying.
  • kingblaze84
    Options
    FuriousOne wrote: »

I don't remember seeing such an extreme effort in 2008. McCain and not Romney was running then and Romney has been accused of stealing the votes even during his primary. He's proven to be a very desperate man. Just look at the voter ID laws that are all of a sudden so needed in this election but weren't talked about in 2008. I don't think that their efforts are large enough (crosses fingers) but they are trying.

I feel you but the voter ID laws are just a gimmick. People should just get their ids in order and then vote. Obama had to show his ID to vote, so if this is the best thing Republicans can do to discourage the vote, then anyone who doesn't want to vote just found a convenient excuse.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options

I feel you but the voter ID laws are just a gimmick. People should just get their ids in order and then vote. Obama had to show his ID to vote, so if this is the best thing Republicans can do to discourage the vote, then anyone who doesn't want to vote just found a convenient excuse.

You probably don't realize how difficult this effort is for many including the elderly who don't have the material or the knowledge to get such IDs. I have no issue with the practice, i have issue with the timing and confusion created because of a suddenly dire situation. This is just one out of many varying methods that republicans are attempting.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    where are the examples of this cheating
    McCain and not Romney was running then and Romney has been accused of stealing the votes even during his primary. He's proven to be a very desperate man.
    he's been proven to be desperate enough to "steal votes" or whatever other illegal action when?
  • Jabu_Rule
    Options
    janklow wrote: »
    McCain and not Romney was running then and Romney has been accused of stealing the votes even during his primary. He's proven to be a very desperate man.
    he's been proven to be desperate enough to "steal votes" or whatever other illegal action when?

Notice i didn't say proven desperate to steal votes. I said he's a been accused. His desperation has shown in his overall campaigning style of lying and twisting facts and when confronted, lying louder. Desperation on such doesn't prove anything other then, i wouldn't put it past him. But there isn't any sort of disenfranchisement going on the right, right?
  • janklow
    Options
    Notice i didn't say proven desperate to steal votes. I said he's a been accused. His desperation has shown in his overall campaigning style of lying and twisting facts and when confronted, lying louder.
    so his campaign style is the same as every politician? HORROR

i think when you press "desperate" and "accused of stealing votes" together like that you're implying something, especially when you add you wouldn't put it past him. but the idea that people might want to disenfranchise voters means we don't have to support accusations, right?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    damn they really trying to cheat it out in florida................. what the ? is wrong with that state man .... damn
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Notice i didn't say proven desperate to steal votes. I said he's a been accused. His desperation has shown in his overall campaigning style of lying and twisting facts and when confronted, lying louder.
    so his campaign style is the same as every politician? HORROR

i think when you press "desperate" and "accused of stealing votes" together like that you're implying something, especially when you add you wouldn't put it past him. but the idea that people might want to disenfranchise voters means we don't have to support accusations, right?

I guess things like this is reaching right?
    http://www.cnn.com/2012/11/04/opinion/hogue-voter-suppression/index.html?sr=reddit
    Earlier last week the Obama campaign complained to Wisconsin's attorney general about what it said was "willful misrepresentation" by the Romney campaign in the materials used to train Election Day poll watchers. At issue was whether people in Wisconsin with felony convictions could vote. (They can, once they complete their sentences, but the Romney documents had said they can't.) Given that this fact can be Googled in less than 10 seconds, one must conclude the Romney campaign was either grossly ignorant of election law or intentionally deceiving volunteers in an effort to swing the vote.

Everyone lies, but i don't normally see someone change their positions 180 and 360 as dramatically as this guy. Everyone taking part does not dismiss unique variations and extremes at which someone does something. Everyone isn't equal in their attempts at lying, nor is it normal even for a politician, to see someone inundated in such a strategy as a primary tactic with such frequency.
  • janklow
    Options
    no, THAT is doing what i am talking about: supplying more than just vague innuendo. although i guess then the debate is "who did what and who knew," which is always vague and confusing
    Everyone lies, but i don't normally see someone change their positions 180 and 360 as dramatically as this guy.
    Romney's been pretty bad this election cycle, but i bet we can find some egregious 180 changes for Obama if we try
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

go to grown and sexy and see the thread,gotcha ? ,thats all the example you need bruh
  • Jabu_Rule
    edited November 2012
    Options
    no, THAT is doing what i am talking about: supplying more than just vague innuendo. although i guess then the debate is "who did what and who knew," which is always vague and confusing
    Everyone lies, but i don't normally see someone change their positions 180 and 360 as dramatically as this guy.
    Romney's been pretty bad this election cycle, but i bet we can find some egregious 180 changes for Obama if we try

I can afford to be vague or not making a proven accusation as we aren't investigators but many suspect situations continue to occur in and around Romney's camp. I also know that many watch and read current events, with many situational articles posted on this site, so it shouldn't be hard to know what I'm alluding to. Doing a 180 after circumstances change and you are educated on a topic and doing a 180, or turning up the volume just because you were caught doing a 360 is hardly the same. If you have to try that hard to dig up an Obama 180 built on lies, then he's not doing it right. Romney's entire campaign is built upon such tactics.
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

lmao all the Republican pundits are confidently predicted a Romney landslide, even some of the smart ones like George Will.

this is gonna be great
  • janklow
    Options
    go to grown and sexy and see the thread,gotcha ? ,thats all the example you need bruh
    yeah, if you can't bother to provide some, i'll just assume you are unable to support your claim
    I can afford to be vague or not making a proven accusation as we aren't investigators but many suspect situations continue to occur in and around Romney's camp. I also know that many watch and read current events, with many situational articles posted on this site, so it shouldn't be hard to know what I'm alluding to.
    you know i don't go in for the vague conspiratorial stuff, though
    Doing a 180 after circumstances change and you are educated on a topic and doing a 180, or turning up the volume just because you were caught doing a 360 is hardly the same.
    yeah, i don't know that i am accusing Obama of changing his position because of being educated on the topic. the real difference is that only one of them has an actual presidential record to fuss about. but then i am very negative about both these "choices"
  • waterproof
    edited November 2012
    Options
    WELL RASMUSSEN right leaning poll, gallup, mason dixon do not know ? , for now on i am going to NATE SILVER
  • waterproof
    Options
    The Most Accurate Polls
    A Fordham University study ranked 28 polling firms on how their pre-election national surveys compared to the results on Election Day. The ranking:

1. PPP (D)
    1. Daily Kos/SEIU/PPP
    3. YouGov
    4. Ipsos/Reuters
    5. Purple Strategies
    6. NBC/WSJ
    6. CBS/NYT
    6. YouGov/Economist
    9. UPI/CVOTER
    10. IBD/TIPP
    11. Angus-Reid
    12. ABC/WP
    13. Pew Research
    13. Hartford Courant/UConn
    15. CNN/ORC
    15. Monmouth/SurveyUSA
    15. Politico/GWU/Battleground
    15. FOX News
    15. Washington Times/JZ Analytics
    15. Newsmax/JZ Analytics
    15. American Research Group
    15. Gravis Marketing
    23. Democracy Corps (D)
    24. Rasmussen
    24. Gallup
    26. NPR
    27. National Journal
    28. AP/GfK
  • janklow
    Options
    waterproof wrote: »
    WELL RASMUSSEN right leaning poll, gallup, mason dixon do not know ? , for now on i am going to NATE SILVER
    note: this is what you should have been doing all along