The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Options

Comments

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Sloan aint won nuffin either tho....but he is the master of pick and roll and at least coaches a lil defense
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I said before the season started that the only thing that worries me about this team is Mike Brown being in the driver seat. Regardless of anything whether you are a laker fan or not....I dont see why anybody who claims to knows basketball cant see that Mike Brown is the major problem with this team. His rotations are absolute brain farts! My ? made Metta World peace the back up shooting guard yesterday! Key word "SHOOTING" guard. This is the same MWP that gets the ball wide open and the staple center crowd yells Nooo! beggin the guy not to shoot when you got Jodie Meeks who can shoot not playing whole games! Whole bunch of fuckery goin on last year with Bynum and Mike couldn't get a handle on that situation. Other guys are coaching this team from assistants to Kobe last year when he got hurt. When was the last time Mike Brown yelled at a player! ? dont have enough ? to get his players on the right track when they out there bullshiting. He was underachieving so much in Cleveland in the playoffs his last two years there that Lebron was like "? this ? , Im leaving"! Of Course this ? Mike gotta go!
  • MC The Rapper
    MC The Rapper Members Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with the lakers is effort not coaching. They are not playing defense . If they change coaches mid season they still won't win a chip this year .
  • MC The Rapper
    edited November 2012
    Options
    Lakers are being the Spurs right now... they're having a ? regular season but when the playoffs arrive, we'll have 16 W's.

Spurs have won 50 games for 13 seasons running . They don't play their main guys hella minutes and have a good coach and bench how are the lakers being the spurs ?
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    G Mack wrote: »
    Jdilla26 wrote: »
    "We can say, 'Steve, go play pick-and-roll.'….He did it in Phoenix for a long time. They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"

think the correct answer to that would have to be "one Robert Horry cheap shot away from the Finals". Now for a man that had a prime Lebron carrying his no offense coaching philosophy to the Finals, he sure talks a lot about things he doesn't or just misunderstands

I wouldnt say one cheap shot away b/c it was Stoudemire fault he came off the bench. Horry did take a cheapshot but that was stupid for them guys to come off the bench

Either way stern ? ass should have gave exception to the rule...that was one of the low ball moves ever made..
    And I wouldn't call them stupid at all it's natural instinct to come to your team leaders defense/aid....15+ years ago it wouldn't have been a big issue but the Detroit brawl for ever changed the landscape of bball
    Exactly why u dont bring ya ? off the bench...Its not Stern fault A rule is a rule there are no exceptions...It has been countless times where guys left the bench and got suspended just b/c it was Amare dont make it better. I know Steve Nash was their MVP but u dont come off the bench but you gotta let the ref handle that and show better judgement.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options
    also how is firing the coach going to get them a bench ?
  • Jdilla26
    Jdilla26 Members Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The problem with the lakers is effort not coaching. They are not playing defense . If they change coaches mid season they still won't win a chip this year .
    But isnt that Mike Brown specialty

• D.D.S.
    D.D.S. Members Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    it's still early.
  • Roger Godell
    Roger Godell Members Posts: 132
    Options
    Coach Spo was goin thru the same thing with the exception Heat never went under .500 but they're only 5 games in I cant see this team getting anyworse this should be rock bottom but they get worse I cant make no excuse for Brown sh*t gonna get real in LA
  • blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They need to fire him now, why wait and throw the season away get a new coach in now so they can learn a new system
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    toheeb27 wrote: »
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How much will it take for Jim Buss to fire Mike Brown?

Man, i am not one to call for the coaches head early, but i am starting to get frustrated too. That being said, still early days. I will still preach patience.

i think they should do it....... you can already see the writing on the wall..... why not be PROACTIVE and fire him in advance ////////
    we only have a small window with nash...kobe and dont forget dwigwt is on a 1 yr deal
  • goodlookinout
    goodlookinout Members Posts: 5,302 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If your the Lakers wouldn't rather take your lumps now than later ijs. Offensively they scoring juss gotta tighten up the defense make free throws and stop lookin like krispy kreme wit them 25 turnovers a game
  • kj_da_midwest_mobsta
    kj_da_midwest_mobsta Members Posts: 680 ✭✭✭
    Options
    just dropped in to say ? the lakers the clippers run la this year lob city ?
  • ATTS
    Options
    If your the Lakers wouldn't rather take your lumps now than later ijs. Offensively they scoring juss gotta tighten up the defense make free throws and stop lookin like krispy kreme wit them 25 turnovers a game

......then whats going on....i thought brown speciatly was defense.............lakers are ranked 19th defense in the league .........4th in scoring...... they should tighten up d defense then.....coach's fault

• joseph sun
    joseph sun Members Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lakers are being the Spurs right now... they're having a ? regular season but when the playoffs arrive, we'll have 16 W's.
    spurs have great seasons and lose in the playoffs recently. nevertheless they would never start 1-4 with such talent.
  • MC The Rapper
    Options

but his personnel is slow and old and can't play defense at a high level on the perimeter
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Guys I just got done playing NBA 2K13, I know how to fix the offense now".

-Mike Brown
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Options

but his personnel is slow and old and can't play defense at a high level on the perimeter

They was slow and old last year and ? wasn't on some 4 games under 500 ? . Im not buying that. Im puzzled at why you think Mike Brown is a good motivator and teacher. This man got better talent than he's ever had to coach and his team is getting destroyed every night. If games where close I'd say well yeah, they just gotta be patient. i get the feeling guys dont wanna play for him.

• MC The Rapper
    Options
    DR. JEK wrote: »

They was slow and old last year and ? wasn't on some 4 games under 500 ? . Im not buying that. Im puzzled at why you think Mike Brown is a good motivator and teacher. This man got better talent than he's ever had to coach and his team is getting destroyed every night. If games where close I'd say well yeah, they just gotta be patient. i get the feeling guys dont wanna play for him.

DR. JEK wrote: »

the operative word being last year a lock out year where most players were out of shape. Last year where kobe didn't have a foot injury . Last year when dwight was still explosive . He has a lot of players with accolades but the team is not built to compete against teams that are good . Being slow last year when most of the league was not prepared for the season and slow themselves is cool being slow now when everybody knows your weakness is transition defense is not good . As far as mike brown not being a good teacher I'm going to disagree with you because Lebron definitely improved defensively when Mike Brown was coaching the Cavs. Also Kobe is a cancer just had to throw that in there haha and uncoachable . But hey the lakers need a bench/cut down on turnovers and go back in time 5 years and they'll be straight
  • ATTS
    Options
    seems like d.howard should have stayed out till end of december...........he doesnt look ready @ all...........
  • KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMFAO at this ever being someone head coach

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPb2nZPxffU

BrownOpenMouth.gif

2v0mp0m.gif

• Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Options
    REPORT: Lakers Coach Has Six Games To Turn Things Around Or He's Fired

by Tony Manfred | Nov. 9, 2012, 11:28 AM | 24

ESPN's Marc Stein is reporting that Lakers coach Mike Brown will be in "immediate jeopardy" if his team has a bad six-game home stand between now and Nov. 20.

LA is 1-4, a big disappointment after acquiring Steve Nash and Dwight Howard this summer.

Team executives and players have publicly supported Brown, but Stein says things need to turn around immediately for him to keep his job.

Luckily the schedule is fairly easy during the home stand:

Golden State (tonight) Sacramento (Sunday) San Antonio (11/13) Phoenix(11/16) Houston (11/18) Brooklyn (11/20)

No back-to-backs and no travel against some really soft opponents — this is the perfect opportunity for Brown to save his job.

Even though the Princeton offense is getting the bulk of the criticism right now, LA's main problems have been defense and depth. They're 25th out of 30 teams in defensive efficiency, and only two bench players are averaging more than 5 points per game.

• KeepOnPushing
    KeepOnPushing Members Posts: 17,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jdub87 wrote: »
    REPORT: Lakers Coach Has Six Games To Turn Things Around Or He's Fired

by Tony Manfred | Nov. 9, 2012, 11:28 AM | 24

ESPN's Marc Stein is reporting that Lakers coach Mike Brown will be in "immediate jeopardy" if his team has a bad six-game home stand between now and Nov. 20.

LA is 1-4, a big disappointment after acquiring Steve Nash and Dwight Howard this summer.

Team executives and players have publicly supported Brown, but Stein says things need to turn around immediately for him to keep his job.

Luckily the schedule is fairly easy during the home stand:

Golden State (tonight) Sacramento (Sunday) San Antonio (11/13) Phoenix(11/16) Houston (11/18) Brooklyn (11/20)

No back-to-backs and no travel against some really soft opponents — this is the perfect opportunity for Brown to save his job.

Even though the Princeton offense is getting the bulk of the criticism right now, LA's main problems have been defense and depth. They're 25th out of 30 teams in defensive efficiency, and only two bench players are averaging more than 5 points per game.

with the way they're currently playing they could easily lose 4 out of those 6

• ATTS
    Options
    Antwain jamison has fAllen off
  • blu197
    blu197 Members Posts: 6,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's a win-win situation for us.... If lakers win they win, if they lose its another step closer for mike brown hoe ass to get fired
This discussion has been closed.