The Official MMA Thread: Alvarez TKOs Gaethje, Ngannou KOs Overeem, Holloway TKOs Aldo

Comments

• Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A wrestler will molest him.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited November 2012
    Tyrone Sponge (a former K-1 star, trains with the blackzillians such as Overeem and Rashad Evans) MMA debut last night
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r2WMZxSUfp0
  • DOPEdweebz
    Stephan Bonnar Tests Positive for Steroids, Dave Herman for Marijuana at UFC 153
    Posted on November 2, 2012 by Damon Martin

Stephan Bonnar UFC 139The UFC 153 drug tests have been returned and two different fighters tested positive for banned substances including main event fighter Stephan Bonnar.

UFC Executive Marc Ratner confirmed the results with MMAWeekly.com on Friday.

According to UFC officials, who were in charge of the process because Brazil has no recognized athletic commission to oversee the testing, confirmed that Stephan Bonnar and Dave Herman both tested positive for banned substances following their fights at UFC 153.

Both fighters are expected to face suspensions, although UFC officials had not handed them down as of Friday afternoon.

Stephan Bonnar, who retired from MMA just earlier this week, tested positive for Drostanolone, an anabolic steroid, following his bout against UFC middleweight champion Anderson Silva.

This is Bonnar’s second infraction for steroid usage. He tested positive for Boldenone, another anabolic steroid, in 2006 following a fight against Forrest Griffin at UFC 62. At the time Bonnar was suspended nine months and handed a $5000 fine from the Nevada State Athletic Commission.

Related posts

Stephen Bonnar and Dave Herman Admit to Taking Banned Substances in Relation to UFC 153
    Nick Diaz Suspended for One Year Following Positive Test for Marijuana
    Nick Diaz Tests Positive Following UFC 143
    Cris “Cyborg” Santos Tests Positive for Steroids (UPDATED)
    Dave Herman Moves On from UFC 136 Debacle

The other drug test result returned positive came from UFC heavyweight Dave Herman, who was popped for marijuana metabolites following his loss to Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira in Brazil.

Herman took the fight on short notice, but this isn’t his first run in with a positive test either.

During a pre-fight drug screening at UFC 136 in 2011, Herman was pulled from the card after testing positive for marijuana there as well. Herman denied any usage, but because of the positive test he was yanked from the card, and his fight against Mike Russow was cancelled.

The loss at UFC 153 marked Herman’s third straight defeat inside the Octagon, and with this latest mark on his record it’s unknown if he’ll be returning to the UFC or not.

The news of the drug test results were first reported by MMAJunkie.com on Friday.
  • DOPEdweebz
    Dan Henderson says he'll help Chael Sonnen on TUF and corner him against Jones if his schedule allows

By Mike Chiappetta on Nov 1, 10:24p

Share On Facebook
    Share on Twitter

Dan Henderson and Chael Sonnen both wanted the same thing: a chance to fight Jon Jones for the UFC light-heavyweight title. But the two apparently won't let the conflicting goals affect their friendship.

On Thursday, Sonnen had no problem looking past Henderson's criticism of his title shot, telling TSN's Michael Landsberg that Henderson would be one of his assistant coaches on The Ultimate Fighter as well as a cornerman for his April 27, 2013 title fight with Jones.

Neither of those is apparently a done deal, but Henderson told MMA Fighting on Thursday night that he would be open to both possibilities.

TUF has already begun taping, and while Henderson has not been among the group of coaches on the Las Vegas set so far, when asked if he would indeed grace the UFC hopefuls with his presence, he indicated that he would if his schedule allowed it.

"Possibly," he wrote via text message. "If I can get away."

His presence as a cornerman for Sonnen also seemed to be up in the air, but again, Henderson voiced a willingness to participate if things lined up.

"Not sure," he said when asked of the possibility. "If he wants me there, I'm sure I would be there."

The 42-year-old multi-division champion had been penciled in to fight Jones at UFC 151 before a knee injury knocked him out of the bout. On Wednesday, Henderson said the placement of Sonnen, who has not fought in the light-heavyweight division for years, into the title fight was "a bad decision for the sport" and "makes the sport lose a little bit of integrity," though he said that he didn't blame Sonnen for accepting the opportunity placed in front of him.

Henderson, who has been a mentor to Sonnen for most of his career, said that he would have accepted the TUF coaching spot opposite Jones if only he was asked. Instead, he'll look forward to the continued rehabilitation of his knee, a rumored February fight with Lyoto Machida, and perhaps, a guest coaching spot alongside his old buddy.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will Munny wrote: »

Or anyone with decent striking. That Olympic TKD stance ain't going to work against real competition.
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭

LMAO, For real. Dude reminds me of Erick Silva, Cocky and all until he ran into Jon Fitch who made him his personal ? for 3 rounds.

046_jon_fitch_vs_erick_silva.0_standard_352.0.jpg
  • DOPEdweebz
    edited November 2012
  • Will Munny
    I'm actually pretty sure there are dudes in my gym who would beat that dude who haven't fought in the big shows yet.
  • Will Munny
    my homie fighting charlie brennamen in a month a half. thats a big fight.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm actually pretty sure there are dudes in my gym who would beat that dude who haven't fought in the big shows yet.

I wouldn't doubt it. There is nothing about him that is impressive to me. He just hasn't fought anyone. People compare him to Anderson, but that dude is nowhere near as precise and accurate with his striking.

• Will Munny

I wouldn't doubt it. There is nothing about him that is impressive to me. He just hasn't fought anyone. People compare him to Anderson, but that dude is nowhere near as precise and accurate with his striking.

Yeah I got a homie fighting in bellator in a month and he would whoop that dude's ass.
  • vinny vegas
    vinny vegas Members Posts: 193 ✭✭

Yeah I got a homie fighting in bellator in a month and he would whoop that dude's ass.

Who's the homie?
  • Will Munny
    edited November 2012
    I'll let you know if he wins lol. He hasn't fought in Bellator yet though, he fights there next month.
  • vinny vegas
    vinny vegas Members Posts: 193 ✭✭
  • DOPEdweebz
    UFC Primetime: St-Pierre vs. Condit - Episode 2
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0ipGlCIoe4&feature=g-all-u

BTW there IS a UFC event tonight on Fuel Tv Cung vs Le starts @ 7 pm i believe
  • DOPEdweebz
    from Bellator last night.. Joe Vedepo's shin choke out of a triangle choke...
    Mike_Bernhard_vs._Joe_Vedepo_medium.gif
  • Will Munny
    what a ? , why didn't he just disengage the triangle? Must have been too hard cause he was pinned up against the cage or something.
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

That ? was on like 9 am this morn solid card avoid any MMA sites bcuz results are posted, they will probably even be on espn ticker.
  • DOPEdweebz
    I meant Rich franklin vs cung le my bad. We really need mobile edits..
  • DOPEdweebz
    The Recipe wrote: »
    KingGivBiz wrote: »

That ? was on like 9 am this morn solid card avoid any MMA sites bcuz results are posted, they will probably even be on espn ticker.

Oh that explains the live feed ... Well i waa just gonna dl it anyhow
  • arbitration
    arbitration Members Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭
    Son. That Cung Le KO of Rich Franklin might be KO of the year. Gotdayum.
  • cainvelasquez
    cainvelasquez Members Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • lurkinassnigga
    lurkinassnigga Members Posts: 453 ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAyqhNd70k8

Full fight if anyone wants to catch it before it gets taken down. lol @ 4:28