The Official Los Angeles Lakers 2012-2013 Season

Comments

• blackjack2012
    blackjack2012 Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwight don't look 100% but he still putting up good numbers 23 and 18
  • ATTS
    ATTS Members Posts: 6,663 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Lakers don't need Phil to travel everywhere...they'll be fine if he doesn't. More about what he brings outside of the games themselves.

I'm more interested to see who he bring in as his "understudy" that is supposed to be carrying the torch in LA when he leaves in 2-3 years.

People are saying Scottie Pippen...

Scottie will be a lakers defensive coach
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phill gonna come back and get that 12th ring and kobe gets 6
  • Louis Cipher
    Louis Cipher Members Posts: 4,020 ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Menace_ wrote: »
    Phill gonna come back and get that 12th ring and kobe gets 6

just saw some ? about d'antoni and a 4 year deal...

skip1.png@ laker nation
  • one_manshow
    one_manshow Members Posts: 4,591 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    lmao@ Mike D'Antoni aka Pringles...Phil Jackson must have told Kupchak he good and doesn't want to ruin his legacy. Sources saying he wanted to take road trips off and 10-15 mill with full control....damn thats straight boss status!

Brian Shaw would be better since he was a student under PJ for years and mastered the triangle...but watch Pringles system cause MWP jack up 3s..
  • greenwood1921
    greenwood1921 Members Posts: 47,115 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jdub87
    Jdub87 Members Posts: 497
    Agent: Lakers hire Mike D'Antoni

Ramona Shelburne and Marc Stein [ARCHIVE] ESPN.com | November 12, 2012

The Los Angeles Lakers, in a wholly unexpected move, agreed to terms late Sunday night with former Phoenix Suns and New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni to replace the fired Mike Brown, D'Antoni's agent, Warren LeGarie, confirmed to ESPNLosAngeles.com.

According to LeGarie, D'Antoni's deal is for four years.

Sources confirmed a Los Angeles Times report that D'Antoni quickly agreed to coach the Lakers after L.A.'s weekend of negotiations to bring back Phil Jackson broke down.

It had been widely anticipated that the Lakers would be bringing back Jackson after deciding to oust Brown just five games into the regular season, but sources said that the Lakers ultimately couldn't stomach Jackson's contract demands to return, which were believed to include a salary ranging from $10 to 15 million annually, significant say in personnel decisions as well as his eventual replacement along with the ability for the 67-year-old to skip selected road games.

Sources indicate that the deal was consummated very quickly late Sunday night toward the end of the Lakers win over Sacramento.

D'Antoni, who had knee surgery at the beginning of November, hasn't yet been cleared to travel, according to sources and "it'll be a couple of days before he comes in, but he's further along than people believe."

Lakers point guard Steve Nash said earlier Sunday he would be elated if he were reunited with his old Suns coach in D'Antoni.

"Obviously I think everyone knows how much I love Mike," Nash said. "If (D'Antoni) were to coach, it would be seamless and terrific for me, and I think the team as well."
  • toheeb27
    toheeb27 Members Posts: 10,049 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not really sure how i feel about this. RIP Defense.......
  • _Menace_
    _Menace_ Members, Writer Posts: 26,613 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Nash calls the shots around here??? Foh
    Lol Kobe has respect for Mike so there isn't gonna be a picture of Kobe at practice looking like "who the ? is this" when brown first got hired
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dwight will really have to prove that he is the league's top defender now
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    FUCKKKKK I BLAME JIMMY BUSS.
  • buttuh_b
    But observations on play: Jordan Hill and Darius Morris are looking good. Now we just need Meeks and Tawn to come along. Metta looking decent offensively like he did in the second half of last season.

We have some good defensive minded players in Dwight, Kobe and Ron.. I hope they make sure to still focus on defense and instill that mentality in the rest of the team. Defense has actually been an underrated important aspect of our last couple championships.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    But observations on play: Jordan Hill and Darius Morris are looking good. Now we just need Meeks and Tawn to come along. Metta looking decent offensively like he did in the second half of last season.

We have some good defensive minded players in Dwight, Kobe and Ron.. I hope they make sure to still focus on defense and instill that mentality in the rest of the team. Defense has actually been an underrated important aspect of our last couple championships.

Cosign. If they get Jamison to stop being a shell of his former self there will be no problems with the bench. Meek has to just get some touches, once a shooter always a shooter. idk how ? figure this is the worst bench in the league when this is a major improvement even when they won back to back imo its just about production.
  • kacee139
    kacee139 Members Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk bout this ? ....I'm taking a wait and see approach to this
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lakers defense will be fine, word to chuck person.....don't worry with dwight, ron, kobe and pau's length they will get stops by accident throughout a game, all while scoring 120 a night....phil mis played his cards, should have taken job 10 min after they fired brown, but he tried to get cute and ended up getting the hoe treatment.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    SO under D' Antoni dwight and the other players who play D will forget to play defense...??? Dwight howard had Orlando as a highly ranked defense throughout his career
  • northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kacee139 wrote: »
    Idk bout this ? ....I'm taking a wait and see approach to this

Same. Respect to be earned..
  • BDBIID
    BDBIID Members Posts: 18,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm hearing now that D'Antoni is reaching out to Nate McMillan to be his defensive assistant.
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's making more sense now that D'Antoni will have a ? at it. When will he be able to start attending games? I hear not until mid-December
  • OhPee
    OhPee Members Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know it hurts us, the fans, knowing that we had Phil a signature away from coming back. I don't want to see Phil calling shots on another bench but it's starting to look like that now.
  • buttuh_b
    Before I went to sleep last night I was thinking "If only we can bring Nate McMillan on as an assistant I can't be mad.."
  • sTaY_TrUe
    sTaY_TrUe Members Posts: 4,189 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll wait and see how Lakers look with D'antoni but lol at anaylst and people acting like oh he doesn't preach defense, the lakers are doomed. Kobe wouldn't let ? like that ride. Dwight defends well too. They should be fine. This is the best team D'antoni has ever coached hands down. I'll wait and see what he can do.
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The BDB wrote: »
    I'm hearing now that D'Antoni is reaching out to Nate McMillan to be his defensive assistant.

That's the only way Mike Antonio(no D) is gonna work out. I dont trust him by himself.

• DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ? all the doom and gloom..............................and wait til May
  • P swayze166
    P swayze166 Members Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭✭✭
    As long as dantoni keeps everyone's minutes reasonable, then I have no problems with him, Bernie bickerstaff has done a good job minus Dwight last game, at handling rotations.
This discussion has been closed.