Did Suzuki ? up the Samauri???

MrSoutCity
MrSoutCity Members Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
I not sure how popular Suzuki is up in the States of the older models was very popular down here. After the Samauri was discontinued people stop ? with them as much. The Samauri is the only jeep ? with the Jeep Wrangler right now.

39341464011_large.jpg
1987-suzuki-samurai#38393090040
1987-suzuki-samurai#38882514001
1988-suzuki-samurai#29750140004

Comments

• rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a redundant car in North America. Nobody is buying this thing over a Wrangler....its probably why they never brought it to NA.
  • konceptjones
    konceptjones Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samurais were the choice ride of many a roller/d-boy/dealer back in the mid-late 80's and early 90's. Tricked out, dropped, gold everywhere, gucci/mcm interiors... ? was sweet back then.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember Busta Rhymes rolling in that smoked out Samurai in "Who's The Man" lol. but them ? used to be the ride like Koncept mentioned. You had one of those and you was the man
  • rage
    Samurais were the choice ride of many a roller/d-boy/dealer back in the mid-late 80's and early 90's. Tricked out, dropped, gold everywhere, gucci/mcm interiors... ? was sweet back then.

Weren't these things like $10K brand new back then??
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    rage wrote: »

Weren't these things like $10K brand new back then??

They were about 6-7k. That's another reason they were popular
  • konceptjones
    yeah, Raiders, Samurais, Blazers/Jimmy's (especially with the kit on it), and whatnot were a staple of dope boys across the country back then. Cheap, and sick as ? when you hooked 'em up. Throw some sounds in it and you had all the hoes on you.
  • konceptjones
  • konceptjones
    25191630004_large.jpg

^^^ These and tricked out Samurais were staples of the 80's.
  • B_A
    B_A Members Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its popular among mudders but other than that i barely see them.
  • MrSoutCity
    My pops had one back in the day. I think Suzuki should kept the design and just made some minor changes.
  • konceptjones
    This is a redundant car in North America. Nobody is buying this thing over a Wrangler....its probably why they never brought it to NA.

see my above posts, not only did Suzuki bring the Samurai to NA, it was very popular. The follow-up, Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker was even more popular (? I almost bought a Tracker my senior year)
  • FucktheIC
    FucktheIC Members Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeep Wrangler>>>>

? outta here with this BS.
  • MrSoutCity

see my above posts, not only did Suzuki bring the Samurai to NA, it was very popular. The follow-up, Suzuki Sidekick/Geo Tracker was even more popular (? I almost bought a Tracker my senior year)

Sometimes wage act like he knows what the ? he's talking about. I got me a grand vitara. I ? love that jeep.
  • rage
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

Sometimes wage act like he knows what the ? he's talking about. I got me a grand vitara. I ? love that jeep.

http://www.asmcrealignment.com

Like I said redundant car, nobody was buying this over the Wrangler. Decisions like the one to actually bring it to NA has led to Suzuki closing up shop and filing for bankruptcy.
  • konceptjones
    MrSoutCity wrote: »

http://www.asmcrealignment.com

Like I said redundant car, nobody was buying this over the Wrangler. Decisions like the one to actually bring it to NA has led to Suzuki closing up shop and filing for bankruptcy.

... and yet, it enjoyed popularity and sales in North America since the 80's.

All this ? is redundant, doesn't stop car makers from making their version of a specific type of car. There's a reason why the Focus, Civic, Cobalt, Dart, and other cars like them exist. They're all "redundant" using your logic.