chlorophyll

Options
melanated khemist
melanated khemist Members Posts: 608 ✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in R & R (Religion and Race)
and a couple reasons to juice and blend your vegetables.

The green color of plants is due to pigment(chlorophyll) which is located within the cells. Chlorophyll has the capacity to absorb light(from the sun)energy and transform it into chemical energy. Chlorophyll is liquiefied sun energy. Sun light influences the vital process of plants, animals and humans.

The molecules in plant chlorophyll and those of human hemoglobin are basically the same. In hemoglobin ,theres an iron atom bonded inside the ring:but chlorophyll has a magnesium atom in that very location instead. So the consumption of chlorophyll is a natural way to get the solar energy stored in vegetables into the human body.

Green vegetables make the body more alkaline along with rythmic breathing and a slow pace life,but anyway check your ph balance before and after a 5 day vegetable fast and notice the difference. In order to realistically get nutrients from chewing vegetables we need to chew them to a creamy consistency. Cellulose the main constituent of plants has one of the strongest molecular structures. All the nutrients are stored in the cells of plants, thats why the best way to get chlorophyll and vital nutrients is juicing and blending.

Comments

• ThaChozenWun
    ThaChozenWun Members Posts: 9,390
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Learned this when I started playin pro ball, I was always eatin veggies and the nutritionist told me to start blendin and drinkin them because the best stuff is deep inside and itll do more for me to drink a cup of blended vegtables then it would to eat 3 bags a day.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Learned this when I started playin pro ball, I was always eatin veggies and the nutritionist told me to start blendin and drinkin them because the best stuff is deep inside and itll do more for me to drink a cup of blended vegtables then it would to eat 3 bags a day.

cosign, sometimes i mix both fruit and vegetables for the taste, but for the most part i eat my fruit and blend and juice my vegetables.
  • grumpy_new_yorker
    grumpy_new_yorker Members Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    cosign, sometimes i mix both fruit and vegetables for the taste, but for the most part i eat my fruit and blend and juice my vegetables.

t thought this was a topic about ? gas.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    BIGRuss wrote: »
    t thought this was a topic about ? gas.

thats chloroform
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options

Football or basketball
  • Rock_Well
    Rock_Well Members Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    0008259263076_150X150.jpg

I hopped on these after i was introduced through Starbucks
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    An easy blended fruit and vegetable recipe for begginners. for good results use leafy green vegetables,kale,collard greens,swiss chord,romaine lettuce,ect,ect. Organic, or from a farmers market if you can. This is what i suggested for a friend and she liked it.1 apple cut into 4 pcs and a cup of grapes,along with 2 handfuls of kale, all washed thoroughly.Crushed ice and a cup of v8 splash. This may not fit into your blender all at once,but this is mosdef a whole meal and should be treated as such. I go days and sometimes weeks straight on vegetable juice and fruit and vegetable blends and i feel great when i do.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    Football or basketball

basketball
  • And Step
    And Step Members Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    basketball

I had a chance to play in Europe, but had to pass.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    And Step wrote: »
    I had a chance to play in Europe, but had to pass.
    I wasn't going to play over there, but I aint have a job and straight out of college, 75 k a year sounded good, then they offered me 115k to play this year so I figured ill keep playin until I get a few business up n runnin or get some real estate to eat from.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    ether-i-am wrote: »
    I got a juicer I haven't used yet. Post some recipes for heavens sake (gotta keep it r&r or they'll move it).

Jesus' Recommendations

Or what I drink most of the time

1.) 1 bunch spinach
    2 apples
    1/2 lemon, peeled

2.) 4 medium potatoes
    4 medium carrots
    1 stalk of broccoli
    6 brussel sprouts
    1 cucumber
    2 Strawberrys
    1/2 Banana

3.) 2 stalks of celery
    4 large spinach leaves
    1 half cup parsley
    2-3 inch round of wheatgrass

Thats really all the three I mix, everything else I just take either a bag of peas, green beans, whatever and steam it then blend it together. I hate vegetables honestly and cant stand drinkin it but it helps my career so I just live with it. I try to mix fruit as often as I can to give it some kind of flavor I find somewhat enjoyable.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Excuse me if I'm incorrect but aren't there two different processes when it comes to digesting fruit and vegetables? I heard it wasn't good to consume both at the same time. Is this true.
  • ThaChozenWun
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Excuse me if I'm incorrect but aren't there two different processes when it comes to digesting fruit and vegetables? I heard it wasn't good to consume both at the same time. Is this true.

I usually use a juicer for the veggies then blend that together with some sort of fruit and I dont think it ever effected me in any bad ways.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    heres a couple more

apple-celery
    4 apples 2 stalks of celery
    yeilds about 10 ounces

carrot-apple
    4 carrots 2 apples yeilds about 8 ounces

pineapple-celery
    2 pineapple rounds 2 stalks of celery if pineapple not organic remove skin

these are just a few to add to what chozen posted, you should of received recipes and instructions with your juicer also.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options

your not suppose to juice fruits and vegetables with apple and pineapple being an exception but people do it who cant handle vegetable juice. As far as blending and making smoothies i come across recipes all the time with no warning of mixing the two.
  • Ioniz3dSPIRITZ
    Ioniz3dSPIRITZ Members Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    your not suppose to juice fruits and vegetables with apple and pineapple being an exception but people do it who cant handle vegetable juice. As far as blending and making smoothies i come across recipes all the time with no warning of mixing the two.

yes and I also heard it isn't good to consume fruit in the morning because it can cause acid reflux. funny how they always promote orange juice as the best drink of a complete balanced breakfast. To each his own though I guess it affects some more than others.
  • busayo
    busayo Members Posts: 857
    edited April 2010
    Options
    the enzymes and acids in your body are strong enough to break down vegetables that are unblended. blending them isn't a necessity considering the concentration of acids in the body.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yes and I also heard it isn't good to consume fruit in the morning because it can cause acid reflux. funny how they always promote orange juice as the best drink of a complete balanced breakfast. To each his own though I guess it affects some more than others.

i would be skeptical of any info discrediting fruit,after all fruit is the best and Richest part of the tree/plant. Natural fruit has organic acid,acids that give us metabolic problems(benzoic,tannic,oxalic,prussic) are rarely found in fruit.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    the enzymes and acids in your body are strong enough to break down vegetables that are unblended. blending them isn't a necessity considering the concentration of acids in the body.

false statement, its very difficult to break down and digest cellulose by chewing vegetables.
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options
    false statement, its very difficult to break down and digest cellulose by chewing vegetables.

no it isn't. they obviously aren't broken down by the teeth but the stomach and intestines does the rest. you might want to read up on how concentrated the enzymes in your belly are.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    busayo wrote: »
    no it isn't. they obviously aren't broken down by the teeth but the stomach and intestines does the rest. you might want to read up on how concentrated the enzymes in your belly are.

no, u read up on green leafy vegetables,by non swine eating europeans then get back to me. its obvious you dont know what your talking about.
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options

cosign, blending vegetables ruptures the cells releasing the readily digestible cell solubles.
  • hrap-120
    hrap-120 Members Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2010
    Options
    no, u read up on green leafy vegetables,by non swine eating europeans then get back to me. its obvious you dont know what your talking about.
    Ignore him he is an uncle tom who gets his info from white-western medical ? -doctors who perscribe poison-pills to unassuming handkercheif-heads like him.

Thankyou for the valuable information our dietary habits are atrociou, 400 years of eating pig-guts and catfish i dont know how we survived.

I know you are familiar with Dr. Sebi, Leila Afrika, and Queen Afua, they are my most trusted experts on dietary concerns, were and who do you get your info?
  • melanated khemist
    edited April 2010
    Options
    hrap-120 wrote: »
    Ignore him he is an uncle tom who gets his info from white-western medical ? -doctors who perscribe poison-pills to unassuming handkercheif-heads like him.

Thankyou for the valuable information our dietary habits are atrociou, 400 years of eating pig-guts and catfish i dont know how we survived.

I know you are familiar with Dr. Sebi, Leila Afrika, and Queen Afua, they are my most trusted experts on dietary concerns, were and who do you get your info?

appreciate it

some authors i respect, along with the ones you posted.

Spiritual Warriors Are Healers (Paperback)
    ~ Mfundishi Jhutyms Ka n Heru Hassn K Sali

African Origin of Biological Psychiatry
    by Richard King

Drugs Masquerading as Foods: Deliciously Killing American-Afrikans and All Peoples (Paperback)
    ~ Suzar

Vitamins & Minerals from A to Z With Ethno-Consciousness by Jewel Pookrum

The Kemetic Diet: Food For Body, Mind and S... by Dr. Muata A. Ashby

Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko she's european
  • busayo
    edited April 2010
    Options

yeah that's a smart argument. i'm totally convinced