GUESS WHO THE BEST EDUCATED VS. WORST EDUCATED PEOPLE OF AMERICA VOTED FOR…

ImTheKangRoundHere
ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
educatedvoted901220393.jpg

are they right??

Comments

• atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    some of those "most educated" states wana secede tho....so ? em.
  • rage
    rage Members Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    some of those "most educated" states wana secede tho....so ? em.

Wrong. Some citizens from those states want to secede....key word "SOME".
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen similar polls/studies before.
    Sounds about right.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ether @ Massachusetts voting for Obama LOL

how a state that you used to be a Governor for

don't even ? with you? haha
  • rage
    ether @ Massachusetts voting for Obama LOL

how a state that you used to be a Governor for

don't even ? with you? haha

Its worse for Paul Ryan, the ? lost Wisconsin, and he also lost his HOME TOWN.....how do you lose your HOME TOWN election??? Like the ? who see you and interact with you on a daily basis wont even ? with you.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    that ? thats make your soul burn slow
  • ImTheKangRoundHere
    ImTheKangRoundHere Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    this country has to do better
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There shouldn't be any surprise. The Northeast states have higher levels of education and are more liberal, Southern states have lower levels of education and are more conservative, this is probably the case in a lot of elections.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • rage
    If you look at that list, two things become readily apparent. The southern more conservative states are woefully undereducated and...here is the kicker PREDOMINANTLY BLACK! Second the democratic states are very well educated and PREDOMINANTLY WHITE. Yet Obama swept them....so there goes this idea that white people didnt vote for Obama. The Republicans want to keep education to a minimal because it causes people to outgrow their idiotic and antiquated values and ideals.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    rage wrote: »
    If you look at that list, two things become readily apparent. The southern more conservative states are woefully undereducated and...here is the kicker PREDOMINANTLY BLACK! Second the democratic states are very well educated and PREDOMINANTLY WHITE. Yet Obama swept them....so there goes this idea that white people didnt vote for Obama. The Republicans want to keep education to a minimal because it causes people to outgrow their idiotic and antiquated values and ideals.

Those states are not predominately black. They have large black populations but there is no state in the union with a predominantly black population. How can 97% of blacks voting for Obama allow a predominately black state to go Republican?
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah you wrote all those words based on an incredibly false (and at least vaguely racist) assumption.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    [quote="rage;5152511"If you look at that list, two things become readily apparent. The southern more conservative states are woefully undereducated and...here is the kicker PREDOMINANTLY BLACK! Second the democratic states are very well educated and PREDOMINANTLY WHITE. Yet Obama swept them....so there goes this idea that white people didnt vote for Obama. The Republicans want to keep education to a minimal because it causes people to outgrow their idiotic and antiquated values and ideals.[/quote]

This is the part I agree with. Education for some reason has been labeled "liberal". The rest of that is not accurate. The South has more blacks if not mistaken but hardly predominantly black. The south is under-educated as well.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭

After this post, you're making a good case for being a Top 10 Worst Educated poster.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    jono wrote: »
    This is the part I agree with. Education for some reason has been labeled "liberal". The rest of that is not accurate. The South has more blacks if not mistaken but hardly predominantly black. The south is under-educated as well.
    also... i see two southern states on the most educated list, so...
  • irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    janklow wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    also... i see two southern states on the most educated list, so...
    Considering the the DMV in the south is kinda outdated. Thats like saying the Wire was filmed in the South.

• janklow
    irad4185 wrote: »
    Considering the the DMV in the south is kinda outdated. Thats like saying the Wire was filmed in the South.
    well, i would say the Wire was filmed in the South since they filmed it in Baltimore and other Maryland areas. see also: the Mason-Dixon Line, or maybe the Census Bureau

• irad4185
    irad4185 Members Posts: 105 ✭✭
    ^^ Technically.
  • janklow
    irad4185 wrote: »
    ^^ Technically.
    damn those accurate remarks that are technically correct

• DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at that list, two things become readily apparent. The southern more conservative states are woefully undereducated and...here is the kicker PREDOMINANTLY BLACK!
    UM...false. They simply have larger black populations than all other states.

If only 1 out of 100 people are BLack in state A and 5 out of 100 people are black in state B that doesnt mean state B is predominantly black.
    Second the democratic states are very well educated and PREDOMINANTLY WHITE.

Yet Obama swept them....so there goes this idea that white people didnt vote for Obama.
    Nobody ever said whites didnt vote for Obama. STATISTICALLY the major majority (excuse the repitiion) of whites didnt vote for Obama because most of the whites are in the Middle West and South aka Confederacy. So when people say things like "whites dont like Obama" they're alluding to that fact. Not suggesting that no whites actually voted for him.

[quote[The Republicans want to keep education to a minimal because it causes people to outgrow their idiotic and antiquated values and ideals.[/quote]
    this is true.
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2012
    After living here for 5 years, the DMV is kinda it's own region. I wouldn't say it's more southern or northern, more that it's where the two meet and kinda converge.

That said, outside of the major cities, I'd say the Virginia and Maryland are a lot more like the South than they are the North. People think of DC and Bmore and instantly try to label the area like it's the North. The forget that that large areas of both states are rural or smaller suburban type cities like what is common in the south.
  • janklow
    edited December 2012
    After living here for 5 years, the DMV is kinda it's own region. I wouldn't say it's more southern or northern, more that it's where the two meet and kinda converge.
    i can see i am going to be forced to play my "born and raised in the DMV" card in order to have the final word on the region. I SUPPOSE, however, it feels more "weird and Mid-Atlantic" than "? THE SOUTH"

but you are correct that everyone thinks it's "DC + Baltimore = not the South, which has no ? cities" for some reason