Black Ops 2 on PS3 is a Problem-Riddled Disaster

focus
focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2012 in IllGaming
Black Ops 2 on PS3 is a problem-riddled disaster
Categories: Activision, FPS, News, Playstation 3 | 14 comments |

Nov 16, 2012

Unfortunate news for Playstation 3 owners who have bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for the console – the game is a buggy mess that is for the most part broken. At least that’s what reports coming in are claiming, with gamer’s taking to the Playstation forums lambasting the game as a problem-riddled disaster.

PS3 gamers have sadly not been able to access the online multi-player whatsoever due to connectivity issues that Activision have been unable to explain. Activision did however take to twitter to apologize to gamers afflicted with the connectivity error saying ”We are aware of connectivity issues that some players are facing in Black Ops II on PlayStation 3. We are working on resolution, thank you.” As you can see though they did not provide any insight as to why this issue was occurring at all in the first place.

Gamers have also noted a a number of other bugs and glitches within the game, many of them graphics related some far more severe such as console crashing. Perhaps the most troubling issue is the fact that the main pre-order incentive for the Hardened and Care Package Editions of the game, the Nuketown 2025 map code is effectively a piece of pretty paper with some funky letters and numbers on it, as a large number of codes can not be redeemed on the Playstation 3 for reasons unknown at time of posting.

We can only hope that Activision resolves these issues as soon as possible in order to provide Playstation 3 users with the same ‘quality’ experience that gamers on other platforms are getting. Be sure to let us know your thoughts on all of this in the comments section below.

http://www.capsulecomputers.asia/2012/11/black-ops-2-on-ps3-is-a-problem-riddled-disaster/

Another L for PS3 owners.

Comments

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Things are not looking good for Sony in the gaming market b

They need to fix their reputation before the next gen consoles are released or they will not be able to hold their own against M$ & Nintendo
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL

PS3 isn't the only one though.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • VulcanRaven
    VulcanRaven Members Posts: 18,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This makes Activision look bad you idiot since the problem lies with them.If you are going to hate then hate when it actually is Sony's fault misses miyamoto
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    VIBE wrote: »
    LOL

PS3 isn't the only one though.

This is good to hear then. I'm glad it isn't a Sony ? up.

• RichPorterOfTheIC
    RichPorterOfTheIC Members Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2012
    Call of ? sucks anyway so no ? given!
    Resistance>>>>>>>>cod
    Killzone 2&3>>>>>>>>>>cod
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    I havent heard about or experienced any issues on 360, and if there are issues on the 360 apparently its not anywhere near as ? as the PS3 version. Hard to say its not Sony's fault when this ? only repeatedly happens on their console. Skyrim fixed yet?
  • joshuaboy
    joshuaboy Members Posts: 10,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do I smell class action suit?
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    focus wrote: »
    I havent heard about or experienced any issues on 360, and if there are issues on the 360 apparently its not anywhere near as ? as the PS3 version. Hard to say its not Sony's fault when this ? only repeatedly happens on their console. Skyrim fixed yet?

LOL

There's issues, just go to the biggest 360 supporter, El Presador.
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    joshuaboy wrote: »

Sony doesn't have any money. The winners would probably only get free Vita's to clear out the warehouse.

If the Wii U version launches this Sunday without any online issues it will be the ultimate nail in the coffin for PSN.
  • VulcanRaven
    Is Halo 4 fixed yet? You lose as usual misses miyamoto

ROFL nobody plays games online on the wii even you are not that stupid to not know that. BO2 will flop on the wii like every other third party game.
  • genocidecutter
    genocidecutter Members Posts: 17,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    dixinormus wrote: »
    Call of ? sucks anyway so no ? given!
    Resistance>>>>>>>>cod
    Killzone 2&3>>>>>>>>>>cod

• 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No problems for me. & if there were I got no problems playing story or zombie mode solo!!!
  • joshuaboy

Sony doesn't have any money. The winners would probably only get free Vita's to clear out the warehouse.

If the Wii U version launches this Sunday without any online issues it will be the ultimate nail in the coffin for PSN.

Why would they sue Sony? Sony didn't make the game. Treyarch made and sold a defective product. The consumer could sue Activision/Treyarch.
  • focus
    edited November 2012

Why would they sue Sony? Sony didn't make the game. Treyarch made and sold a defective product. The consumer could sue Activision/Treyarch.

LOL. Well, that would be a quick case I guess.

Judge: "Lets see here, so my understanding is Black Ops II works perfectly fine on the other platforms it was released for...only the PS3 is having problems, correct? And...I also see here that the PS3 has a long, long history of this sort of thing...and, despite Sony taking PSN down numerous times for "maintenance"...it continues to happen? Do I have all this right? Okay. Case dismissed. Now, off to my chambers to go play Black Ops II on my 360."
  • earth two superman
    earth two superman Members Posts: 17,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Madam focus making another copy and paste thread about a system he doesn't own. But i can see why he copies ? from other sites if that unfunny ass post is his own work.
  • VulcanRaven
    Madam focus making another copy and paste thread about a system he doesn't own. But i can see why he copies ? from other sites if that unfunny ass post is his own work.
    She is board because mr miyamoto has been to busy with making yet another mario game to give her any attention.I suggest she pulls out that wii mote for old times nh
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    people seem to forget this microsoft pays activision all that money to ? over ps3 and pc players think back to when microsoft didnt get timed dlc for cod there was hardly any bugs like this, and what about all the hardened and prestige editions that gamers got on all systems alot of people paid extra money for them just to get nuketown zombies then the day of release so u couldn't cancel the preorder activison announced if u get the season pass u get nuketown zombies for free. once again activison ? people over. If anything a class action lawsuit should be put on activision.
  • scoop1215
    scoop1215 Members Posts: 592 ✭✭✭
    edited November 2012

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/forums/spaces/xbox_360
    and again u made a post with another xbox360 timed dlc see a pattern here with multiplatform games that are ? us ps3 users which without us all gamers on all platforms they wouldn't have a job to make these games its a shady practice.
  • joshuaboy
    edited November 2012
    Problems on PC too

http://www.examiner.com/article/list-of-crashes-and-errors-revealed-for-call-of-duty-black-ops-2-on-pc

Hmmm ...... this is the final nail in the coffin for the PC as well
  • DarthRozay
    DarthRozay Members Posts: 20,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only problems on 360 are connectivity and lag. no connectivity in the same way as the PS3 though, just that the connections aren't very good resulting in lag
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whitey you own a 360?
  • focus
    edited November 2012
    LOL @ the conspiracy theories to try and explain away this ? .

PS3 ? can keep trying to drag the 360 and PC into this all they want, but the fact of the matter is 360 owners aren't flooding 360 forums with complaints like on PlayStation forums. 360 ? to busy playing the game...the whole game...online. And Activision ain't apologizing on behalf of the 360 and PC either...only for Sony and the PS3.

Anyway, double XP weekend right now. Just a reminder, you need need Black Ops 2 online service (not available on PS3) and to have Nuketown 2025 (not available on PS3) downloaded in order to gain double XP during this event. LOL.
  • VulcanRaven
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ? LOLOLOLOLOL I AM LAUGHING EVENTHOUGH NOTHING IS FUNNY